2004 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:
Just bought a used 2004 Lincoln Navigator
By krystilized on 07/31/13 08:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought a 2004 Navi with 133,000 miles on it. Normally I would NEVER buy such a high mileage car, but it is absolutely beautiful. Much nicer than my first one. They wanted 8600, I offered 7500 and we settled at 8000. The CD changer doesn't work-but they're fixing it, the rear AC making some strange knocking sound (which seems to be very common based on the reviews)-they're also fixing that, the ashtray door on front panel won't close, the heat and air on driver seat works only sometimes, GAS GUZZLER. Haven't had it long enough to see if any mechanical issues will develop. At those miles I'm sure they will, and I will rewrite my review when they do.

Ford POS in drag......
By blacklumix on 06/28/13 10:16 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

6 out of 8 ignition coils went bad $250 per cyl; serpentine tensioner went bad $310; muffler sound deadener shot; trailer hitch rusting; rear hatch paint bubbled at 50,001 miles; rear heating/ac fan makes "popping" sound; air suspension not sounding right... CD player not working right.... and now, at 77,024 miles transmission just went bad - est repair $2000. For a vehicle we mainly drive to and from work and Costco, this so called top of the line gas guzzling beast should not have these kinds of problems at 77,000 miles. Ford should be ashamed. Instead, there is nothing they can do because it's "out of warranty" and they're "sorry you feel" like you were ripped off. No they are not sorry!

linclon
By momo16 on 03/30/11 16:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

the car has a lot of problems.the first one is the engine coils have to be replaced on a regular basis,the air suspention goes bad,most electical accessories go bad the car is a ticking time bomb.

2004 nav problems
By ricksan on 03/01/11 07:33 AM (PST)

2004 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

hi. just wanted to let everyone know the problems we have had with our 2004 nav we purchased in 2006 with 35k miles. 1. sunroof drains clogged and rain water leaked to fuse block...$1000.00 replace fuse block. 2. sunroof would not shut. track and motor needed replacing...$1700.00 3. rear ac fan making flapping sound 4. driver door lock/unlock button does not work 5. outside mirror switch to fold mirrors in stopped working 6. tire pressure sensor went bad $120.00 7. ac only blows cold for a while then goes hot on hot days. 8. power running boards are possessed! only work when they want to. END RESULT..I STILL ENJOY OWNING THE NAV BUT IT IS A MONEY PIT!!

2004 nav problems
By ricksan on 03/01/11 07:33 AM (PST)

2004 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Some problems but I still LOVE this car!
By Drew on 04/29/10 06:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this car because my dad totaled our 2001 Lincoln and we all survived after a few rolls off a ditch. The safety of these cars is top notch! Because of this, we decided to buy another navi. I freaking love this car! It looks so stylish and is very very comfortable to ride in. The turning radius is great because the front wheels actually tilt slightly when you turn the wheel so you can easily turn around on a small road. The power is excellent with its 5.4L V8 engine...what a monster! We have had a few problems with the nav though, some power seat motors have broken (covered by warranty) The rear a/c unit clicks. And worst of all the gps/radio has crapped out. But I still love my nav

Sad
By Sad on 02/19/10 19:45 PM (PST)

2004 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my navi for 4 years now. We bought it with 30k miles and LOVED the car. The bells and whistles were amazing, it was a top of the line luxury SUV. Once my car hit 70k miles it fell apart!! Break Line ($900), plugs ($1100), transmission ($2000), air suspension twice ($1500), cadillac converters ($3000) and the mirrors no longer fold in and the rear window whipper doesn't work anymore. I am so tired of putting money into this car. If you get one make sure you buy the extended warranty. These cars are know for having big problems. Now I'm upside down not only from the all the work I had done but now the dealership doesn't want to give me what my loan pay off is.... SADDENED

" THE NAV "
By mike on 07/20/09 19:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

where do i begin,this is the best vehicle i have owned, the sense of comfort,safety,pleasure driving this vehicle especially when the whole family is aboard is a reminder why we chose the navigator,this vehicle is 5 years old and still gets looks and attention from people like it just rolled off the showroom floor. the chrome wheels still shine like new and the mineral grey paint is my favorite combo.i recomend this vehicle to anyone considering to buy one i testdrove other suvs and this one clearly distinguished itself from the others.from the countless options to the classy luxury stance this vehicle has whether its parked or driving down the road is in a class of its own.

Unmistakably Lincoln Quality
By J V McRae on 04/17/09 07:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I took delivery of our Navi in 1/04 and 110k miles later WE STILL LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! Admittedly, the only issues we have ever had were one-time third row ventilation sticking and an occasional running board delay at the driver's side door. Out of 5 yrs of ownership, the quality, ride, and overall performance has been excellent. In retrospect, I wish the HP were bumped up a bit; especially in light of new technology. But, oh well. As compared to other high end SUV models, I agree with earlier posts, our '04 still turns heads; especially among Escalade and Hummer owners....go figure? No disrespect to those brands, but there's luxury and then there's BOLD-yet-REFINED LUXURY!!

2004 Navigator
By bothielm on 07/21/08 20:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I drove my 04 Navigator off the lot brand new. I love it! It has been the most comfortable and reliable SUV I have ever owned. I especially love the DVD and sound system. Have never had a moments problem with the car. The only thing I would change would be a little less plastic in the back and maybe some door controls in the rear. Other than that I would not trade it for anything. You can not replace the comfortable ride you get while driving it!