2003 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:
They got too cheap
By 98wasbetter on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Had a 98 Nav, power was great and AC worked wonderful. The 2003 model has less power and the AC blows hot air when traffic, not good in Texas. Been told that when RPM goes under 1000, the AC will blow 5-10 degrees warmer, what a engineering piece of crap. Also, mirrors make a lot of noise, muffler makes noise, overall, not as smooth and quiet as my old truck. Will never buy another one, it's embarrasing that it spend so much time in the shop, and nothing is ever fixed, there is always a reason for the faultiness.

New and Improved
By DEThier777 on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This 2003 Navigator is much improved over the 2000 model I traded in. Although the exterior of the new model is a little bland by comparison, the interior design and improved drivability more than make up for that. This vehicle is also much better over all than the Cadillac Escalade which I test drove numerous times before deciding to opt for another Navigator. The reliability of my 2000 model was outstanding and I expect the same for the 2003.

My Navigator
By WJB-DO on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Simply awesome design, inside it is an art studio on wheels. Outside it is rolling testosterone. Ok enough, this vehicle is stunning, rugged, prestigious and simply enjoyably exciting. And shouldn't your car be? People who say it needs more power are just comparing numbers (345hp vs. 300hp). Drive this and feel the torque. Feel the balance of the steering and suspension that somehow connects 3 tons to the pavement like a sports car. I'm sorry, escalade doesn't do that. I couldn't be happier with mine.

OHH YEAH WHAT A LOOK
By CHARLES on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

IT IS A GREAT EYECATCHING HEADSPINNING VEHICLE. AMAZING STRONG BUILD, IT IS BASICALLY LIKE A BOAT. CAR IS BUILT LIKE A CHAMPION. BEAUTIFUL EXTERIOR WITH AN INTERIOR THAT NO OTHER CAR CAN MATCH.

Great Gator
By Wizards24 on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle for the soccer mom or the career person. It has great versatility and can be used for that special date or just the kids.

Died already
By mricha02 on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this vehicle for about 6 months and it's been GREAT!! Until....all of the sudden I was riding down the street, the dash lights went dim and the truck died. It's been in the shop for a week and they still don't know what's wrong. Some sort of electrical problem. They've already replaced the battery and alternator. Not what I expected from a 50K vehicle! Thinking about going with Nissan's new fullsize SUV when it comes out.

Elephant Really Can Tap Dance
By Ketsia on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Before purchasing my 2003 Navigator in 7/02, I read a review which ended with "This elephant can tap dance." I took it with a grain of salt but completed my purchase anyway. I decided to write this review after a truly great experience. It had been raining heavily today and I rounded a curve at about 40 mph to find myself right in front of a huge "pond". I had no time to break but just plowed into this pool of water. I expected the worst, but guess what? This baby just plowed through with not even a jolt to the steering wheel, straight ahead. The handling on this monster is comparable to a sportscar. I LOVE MY NAVIGATOR!!!

navigator
By lyndan on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

It is a very powerful car and has alot of qualities everyone should own one.I love the comfort of the seats to .

Awsome Vehicle
By green2027 on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I fell in love with the new Navigator on my first test drive in August of 2002. My wife began saw it at a car show in February 2003 an she had to have it. The truck is loaded to the gills. I believe my 2 year old loves it more than any of us. This is a truck everyone should have.

2003 Lincoln Navigator
By cldawson on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle is still new but has been a pleasure so far. Gas mileage is poor, it has not even met the window sticker estimates yet. Ride is very comfortable, but road noise intrudes into passenger compartment.