Used 2003 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

more than expected
By weberman

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

took 6 friends on a 9 hr trip basically sums up my experience. All were impressed by its excellent handling(at 100 mph!), comfort, and roominess in all rows. The all-wheel drive/ advance track combination really works as I kept me speeding along curved roads and icey conditions as I felt it engage.

Favorite Features

smooth drivetrain, handling, interior styling

Suggested Improvements

acceleration and gas milage could be better, perhaps a five speed automatic would help on both accounts

NIce truck
By mnmjski

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 01' Toyota Sequoia for the Lincoln Navigator 03'. To be honest, the Sequoia was smoother, quieter and had better acceleration. The Navigater does has a lot more "bells and whistles" and looks much more luxurious inside and out, but I sometimes wish I had the Toyota back.

Favorite Features

Looks, power running boards, power lift gate

Suggested Improvements

Gas miliage is awful, brake dust coats the front wheels, needs an overall quieter and smoother ride.

03 Navigator
By soglear

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I looove my truck! I had an 01 Suburban with a Regency conversion package prior to this truck, VERY nice looking. I miss my Suburban, but got what I was missing as far as quickness in my Navi. What a difference in the 03 models vs. 02 & earlier. 03, you feel like you are driving a car - earlier, the vehicle is more "truck" feeling, and a little top heavy.

Favorite Features

The best thing about my purchase is the 3 yr/36,000 mile complementary service. The only thing I will pay for during that time is gas!

Suggested Improvements

Make more vehicles with middle row bench. I ended up going with captain's chairs, but if you can find a bench seat it is 40/20/40 - and the middle "20" can be scooted up right to the back of the floor console for the front seats - *GREAT* for babies in car seats.

Love it!
By 03nav

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I absolutly love it. The third row seat is functional in the 03 Nav. The Escalade third row is cramped, why have it? The 03 Nav interior is sophisticated fine art, and have been compared to an art Deco style. Escalade interior is dated (old man!) Not ready for ther smaller cross over SUV's We need the space.

Favorite Features

Auto tailgate, 18" tire and wheels, retractable side mirrors, HID headlamps, we like the ride, the comfort, space, the power folding seats. Smaller SUVs get out of my way my 8500LB SUV may hurt you!

Suggested Improvements

would be nice to gain in MPG, I will add dual exhaust and ram air should do it.

Superb SUV!
By AV8JETS

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has more than exceeded our expectations. Looks like a sporty SUV, drives like a classic european sedan, and drips with versatility. So far the build quality has proven itself flawless.

Favorite Features

DVD Navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

Allow DVD system to search for destination by telephone number (since the database contains telephone numbers).