Used 2003 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

Happy Critical Customer
By Marlowe

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great SUV, I have researched 12 SUV in this class and have not found any that offer your the luxuries as the Lincoln Navi Ultimate offers

Lights, Gagets and buttons

better fuel economy and tire pressure feature to be standard

Best in class
By nvbanker

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Navigator. I owned a 99 and drove it to 65,000 miles with only one repair. The 03 was the first year out of the totally new design. It has had some "new model" issues, but all of them minor, and never stranding me. Mostly glitches in the features of the truck. The interior is drop-dead gorgeous, from the steering wheel, to the plasma display dash, reminiscent of the 61 Continental. It's roomy, comfortable, and the 3rd seat folds totally flat into the floor, with a power motor. The seating is extraordinary. I truly feel this is the best design on the market, and the best value for the money. The engine is great, but the mileage is poor, as you would expect.

Heated and cooled front seats. Dash design. Very comfortable 3rd row seat. Independent Rear Suspension. Keypad on the outside drivers door. Power liftgate.

If the mileage could be improved somehow, that would be nice. Otherwise, the truck is perfect in my opinion.

2003 Navigator 2WD
By Craig R

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this car. The only real criticism I've got is the mileage, particularly in light of recent fuel price increases. I researched the vehicle before I bought and the lack of power was something I read about. My vehicle moves along just fine. The interior is spacious and the seats the most comfortable of any vehicle I've ever owned. My lease is up next spring. I will watch the fuel prices, that's the only thing that will dissuade me from getting another Navigator.

Comfort and appearance.

The plastic.

Luxurious SUV
By discusdoc

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a Lincoln Navigator Ultimate used with 20,000. The car has every imaginable accessory, including after market DVD viewing screens in the headrest and front visor. The only problem I have had in 3 months is that the rear automatic door doesn't close properly sometimes. The car gets very poor gas mileage (about 11 mpg) and requires premium gas.I have tried lower grades of fuel, which seems to work okay. The Navigation system does not work as well as those from Garmin (Street Master III). The car doesn't hold its value very well. The car, as equipped, would have retailed for more than $65,000. I bought it with 20,000 miles for $35,000. I enjoy the car very much.

Sound system, plenty of room, rear collision avoidance system, looks very luxurious, good engine power.

Improve the GPS system. The software is not very good and you can't see the screen very well during the day.

my lemon navigator
By mike drouillard

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

lincoln gives free oil changes or service lucky for me because just about every service call something else needed repair, after driving 90000km I finally returned my vehicle. the vibration in the front end at 115km was never repaired even after the dealership had me replace my tires. yes after 90000 km front still vibrates. running board motors, frequently replaced. accelerator extremely sensitive, just keeps jerking your neck off dealer could not repair because of no adjustments. and the problems continued

i really cannot justify a comment since the navigator was a lemon from day 1