2003 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:
Lindsey Family Review
By John C Lindsey on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is an awesome vehicle- we looked at Escallade and the Navigator puts it to shame on interior comfort. Exterior appeal is about equal on both, but there is no comparison on the interior superiority of the Navigator. Performance of the Lincoln is just a tiny bit less, but is so much more than you need, the difference is not important. Very nice engine performance.

Editors must be Nutz!
By rl-candy on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in a 99 Navvy on an 03. Felt like I got a good trade with the incentives etc. Have 3 kids. Boy has the Nav. matured into a high tech killer SUV! Doesn't surprise me that PDiddy likes it enough to put his name on them. The Escalade isn't even close in my opinion. As far as what matters in the real world, the Nav. has it. There are so many advancments, not just gadgetry but real useful innovative stuff! The 99 was very reliable and I hope this one will be too.

Ann's Navigator
By adharrell on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Other than the side mirrors that may not always roll back to original position, I love my Navigator. I have always loved the grill on Navigator so have wanted one ever since I saw the very first Black Navigator in Norfolk, VA.

my '03 navigator,
By hapaschold on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

overall my '03 navigator is a vast improvement over previous models, an 1999 and 2001.. couple issues, but minor, - power mirrors do not function properly - climate control seats seem to have timer, works only 12-14 minutes - arm rests would be nice added feature - black brake dust on rims is never ending since new, very hard to clean

a cut above
By al & Jane on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

A great vehicle in your driveway and on the road. Lincoln listened to its customers when they designed this vehicle.

Nav 03'To Be or Not To Be... a lemon...
By Jarule on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased this vehicle on 9/29/03 due to Ford's 72 months/0% financing. I always wanted to own a Navigator. I have been back to the dealership three times. Excessive wind noise on the passenger door (due to a latch), replaced windshield fluid reservoir (sensor kept coming on),and replaced driver side mirror motor (cracking noise). I don't have a good feeling about this SUV. Any new prospective buyers... DON'T DO IT. I was happier with my Tahoe. Don't get sucked in with end of the year deals. I'll keep you posted.

best suv
By charlesunchong on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Fell in love with the Navigator, and finally purchase it this year. I brought it for the safety, room, features, and the qualitly. I believe the best suv money and buy,and the great respects people treat you when driving it.

DO NOT BUY THIS TRUCK!!!
By qbbraveheart on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the worst piece of garbage I have ever owned...ive had it for 8 months, less than 5000 miles on it and its been in the shop 5 times already.... leaky power steering assembly brakes dust like hell brake rotors warp very easy problems with air bag suspension chrome rims chipping dont buy this you will be very discouraged....this definitely falls under "LEMON" just complete garbage...i would only expect the best from a $60K truck...but then again this is Ford were talking about..glad I own a Honda on the side...now thats quality!

Not bad so far
By new lincoln owner on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Love the interior space! It was between the Navigator and the Escalade, and the Escalade 3rd row is cramp compare to the Navigator. Engine is smooth, seatings are comfortable (for all three rows), sound system is excellent, handling is above average for such a heavy vehical, price is great for a luxury suv. Dont know about reliability yet, but we'll see...I would buy a lincoln again if this one is reliable for at least 100K.

awesome vehicle
By trev6971 on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

comfortable, plenty of power, gas mileage could be better 16mpg