Used 2003 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

2003 Lincoln Navi
By Alexander

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My 2003 Navigator is awesome- Bought with 28000 miles - Problems started at 65K, head Gasket a well known problem for the Cylinder head on these vehicles. In addition, Beware of the radiator assembly. The Transmission cooling system runs thru the radiator and when it comes apart, all oil from transmission cooling system will contaminate your antifreeze. Side mirrors crazy, and windows do not close at highway speeds. The car is awesome though, turns heads even after 6 years.

All gadgets inside

Cylinder head, headgasket and radiator. electronics include crazy external mirrors. Other Mechanics, brake dust and 13 miles per gallon on HWY.

Big mistake
By JJ

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

When times were tough, I had to sell my 2002 Lexus LX470. But now I needed another V8 to tow my boat. I thought I would give an American made truck a chance. Bought one with only 87,000 miles at a reasonable price. Oh boy, big mistake. The radio and the temperature control work only occasionally. You have to bang on the dash to get them to work. In the last few months, it spent more time in the shop than on the road. My family got stranded by this truck so many times that I'm ready to donate it. Piece of junk. No wonder the resale value is a joke on these cars. I'm sticking with Japanese cars now.

Looks real nice and all the luxuries are there.

Only if they can learn from Lexus to build a more dependable truck.

All time best SUV
By Mohamad

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Navigator in 02 and it was one of best thing that ever happened to us. It is 100% reliable with its space and its comfort. Me and my family have went on many trips with this car and space has never been an issue. The car always held my family of 7 where ever we went. It also is a great car for towing and holds alot of weight. I would recommend this car to anyone anytime. It has a styling new look that lasted from 2003 to 2006 until the new Navigator and Navigator L showed up. I recently sold it and bought the new one but i miss the old 2003 Navigator

Third row legroom and hiproom. Also the Navigation system has helped me through so many trips plus the DVD player for my kids

Nothing it has nothing that needs improvement. It is the perfect SUV

Really Have Enjoyed It
By LuvMyNavi

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this Navigator in 2002 and have really enjoyed it; I would keep it forever if I could. It is comfortable, quick to respond and a smooth ride. It continues to a reliable and comfortable family vehicle, with only a few minor problems in 7 years! It is just now beginning to show its age - just a little. I wish I could keep it forever, and maybe I will now that gas prices are dropping.

The external keypad to unlock - I use this all the time and I don't have to hunt for my keys because they are inside waiting for me! The DVD player is awesome. The retactable running boards can always be counted on to turn a few heads. The liftgate that swings up is a wonderful umbrella when loading

Constant brake dust gets annoying (but it is a heavy vehicle). Wireless headphones system for the DVD. Overhead controls to fold down the seats added to the ones for liftgate and vents. Built in child seat/booster seat. Backing sensors really need work - too few and too far apart to really rely on.

It will leave you high and dry!
By heather

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Cheap car for a not so cheap price. Air suspension problems, hood hinges go bad, vehicle won't start on certain days (dealer can't find the problem) back up sensors don't work on certain days, electrical system is not right, climate control buttons pop off. Very cheaply built! Car only has 78,000 miles and it's junk. Resale value is horrible. Only worth $7,000 (after only 5 years!) Requires premium gas. Door molding coming apart. AC burps when you turn it on.(all of this even with an extended warranty and constant service.

Really none because all the goodies break!

Read the above!