2003 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:
More than a Luxury SUV
By Jimmy on 05/20/07 17:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

!For anyone looking for a powerful towing vehicle with the ability to have the luxury to go along with it, this is it. I pull a 30ft. camper with a weight of 7500lbs and let me tell you that this SUV is a beast. My first trip was about 12 hours one way and the return trip I was caught in a bad storm and the Navigator handled like I champ. I love bragging about what a awesome vehicle I own. The family and I have been to 3 camping site's and people can't believe how I came to choosing the Navagator. Typically the norm was large pick up's, Chevy Suburbans and the Tahoe. I can say I pushed this SUV to the max, including towing uphill in the mountains. This is not a Ford Expedition by any means!

Awesome!
By lincoln4life on 09/03/06 10:36 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is the best SUV yet! As soon as we bought it, we were soo happy, it looks great, and even when it is customized with 22 inch rims. It still rides smooth, I really love this vehicle, props to lincoln for making it. This vehicle will go very far, all the models from 2003-2006 are awesome! The vehicle year model of my Lincoln Navigator is 2003, which I think beats the 2004,2005,2006. Mainly for the fact that, it was in the making to have a new body, and being totally redisigned, it's all because of 2003, that people have been buying Navigators. I really enjoyed driving this vehicle, I do not wish to buy any other SUV, this can beat any out there, whether it be escalade, hummer etc

great suv
By ultimate on 09/02/06 06:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

my '98 was nice but this one is great! i tow 6000 lbs. and it handles the task without complaining. sold my '98 with 173k miles with only regular service, alternator, air ride compressor and a coil pak. i call that not bad.

best suv to date
By deno on 05/10/06 18:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The worse the weather the more I love the navigator. It shows its true colors in snow, rain, ice, nor'easters and blizzards. Definitely getting another one.

Paying for looks, not substance
By Jon on 01/27/06 12:55 PM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Problems include: alternator that went out 800 miles after warranty, torque converter and other associated parts needed to be replaced at 75,000 miles, outside door panels that vibrate on interstate, the memory on the outside mirrors have amnesia- they never go back to the same place after they are moved. 13.5 mpg (which I expected. If you are buying one, be prepared to spend some money at the service department.

Happy Critical Customer
By Marlowe on 12/27/05 12:56 PM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great SUV, I have researched 12 SUV in this class and have not found any that offer your the luxuries as the Lincoln Navi Ultimate offers

Best in class
By nvbanker on 10/02/05 17:12 PM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Navigator. I owned a 99 and drove it to 65,000 miles with only one repair. The 03 was the first year out of the totally new design. It has had some "new model" issues, but all of them minor, and never stranding me. Mostly glitches in the features of the truck. The interior is drop-dead gorgeous, from the steering wheel, to the plasma display dash, reminiscent of the 61 Continental. It's roomy, comfortable, and the 3rd seat folds totally flat into the floor, with a power motor. The seating is extraordinary. I truly feel this is the best design on the market, and the best value for the money. The engine is great, but the mileage is poor, as you would expect.

2003 Navigator 2WD
By Craig R on 09/10/05 21:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this car. The only real criticism I've got is the mileage, particularly in light of recent fuel price increases. I researched the vehicle before I bought and the lack of power was something I read about. My vehicle moves along just fine. The interior is spacious and the seats the most comfortable of any vehicle I've ever owned. My lease is up next spring. I will watch the fuel prices, that's the only thing that will dissuade me from getting another Navigator.

Luxurious SUV
By discusdoc on 07/25/05 16:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a Lincoln Navigator Ultimate used with 20,000. The car has every imaginable accessory, including after market DVD viewing screens in the headrest and front visor. The only problem I have had in 3 months is that the rear automatic door doesn't close properly sometimes. The car gets very poor gas mileage (about 11 mpg) and requires premium gas.I have tried lower grades of fuel, which seems to work okay. The Navigation system does not work as well as those from Garmin (Street Master III). The car doesn't hold its value very well. The car, as equipped, would have retailed for more than $65,000. I bought it with 20,000 miles for $35,000. I enjoy the car very much.

my lemon navigator
By mike drouillard on 05/12/05 08:16 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

lincoln gives free oil changes or service lucky for me because just about every service call something else needed repair, after driving 90000km I finally returned my vehicle. the vibration in the front end at 115km was never repaired even after the dealership had me replace my tires. yes after 90000 km front still vibrates. running board motors, frequently replaced. accelerator extremely sensitive, just keeps jerking your neck off dealer could not repair because of no adjustments. and the problems continued