2003 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:
DON'T BUY THIS VEHICLE!
By petedeb1 on 02/24/13 13:56 PM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We have 89,000 miles on this vehicle and have taken excellent care of it over the years only to find out it needs about $5,000 work of engine repairs. It is ten years old so we have decided to trade it in on a new vehicle. We certainly expected to get more miles out of this vehicle than 89,000! Come on people, this is a high-end expensive vehicle and we only got 89,000 miles out of it. What a useless piece of junk!

besides all the glamour..DONT BUY.....
By shaw shiraz on 07/02/10 09:04 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Oh lordy where to begin. Ignition coil problems. Electrical problems. Lincoln dealership cant even find out why the truck would suddenly cut off at traffic lights. Can't find why the car suddenly has a jark when accelerate. Power Windows very costly to fix (450). Have a lot of spare change cause you gonna spend a lot of money fixing this thing. Already have spent over 4000 and no end in sight. And ih yeah running board has a mind of its own, and did I forget suspension problems

Luxury Ride
By Tom Smith on 03/05/10 05:17 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle with 55K and have experience only a few minor problems. Air suspension motor went out and lower A Frame had to be replaced. This has been a very dependable and reliable vehicle plus the ride is exceptional. Would definitely own another one.

one of the biggest pieces of junk MADE
By MACATXFL on 12/30/09 15:36 PM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have Owned around 40 Cars/Trucks/SUVs and this 2003 Lincoln Navigator is one of the biggest pieces of junki have ever owned . all started with the dealer selling it and 2 days later started having Electrical problems . i have had with this truck i will never own another FORD/LINCOLN ever again and i have owned 6 fords i can see why all the USA car makers are failing and going out of business they make junk plain and simple and can see why Toyota and Honda rule the auto INDUSTRY TODAY

Best Vehicle Ever
By sherry on 09/08/09 17:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My Navigator is the best vehicle I have ever owned! I have had at least one of each major American made car and this is by far the only one that stands out positively. I have never regretted getting it like i did with the others.It is an awesome vehicle!

2003 Lincoln Navi
By Alexander on 08/29/09 16:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My 2003 Navigator is awesome- Bought with 28000 miles - Problems started at 65K, head Gasket a well known problem for the Cylinder head on these vehicles. In addition, Beware of the radiator assembly. The Transmission cooling system runs thru the radiator and when it comes apart, all oil from transmission cooling system will contaminate your antifreeze. Side mirrors crazy, and windows do not close at highway speeds. The car is awesome though, turns heads even after 6 years.

Big mistake
By JJ on 07/08/09 10:41 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

When times were tough, I had to sell my 2002 Lexus LX470. But now I needed another V8 to tow my boat. I thought I would give an American made truck a chance. Bought one with only 87,000 miles at a reasonable price. Oh boy, big mistake. The radio and the temperature control work only occasionally. You have to bang on the dash to get them to work. In the last few months, it spent more time in the shop than on the road. My family got stranded by this truck so many times that I'm ready to donate it. Piece of junk. No wonder the resale value is a joke on these cars. I'm sticking with Japanese cars now.

All time best SUV
By Mohamad on 03/31/09 15:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Navigator in 02 and it was one of best thing that ever happened to us. It is 100% reliable with its space and its comfort. Me and my family have went on many trips with this car and space has never been an issue. The car always held my family of 7 where ever we went. It also is a great car for towing and holds alot of weight. I would recommend this car to anyone anytime. It has a styling new look that lasted from 2003 to 2006 until the new Navigator and Navigator L showed up. I recently sold it and bought the new one but i miss the old 2003 Navigator

Really Have Enjoyed It
By LuvMyNavi on 11/12/08 12:28 PM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this Navigator in 2002 and have really enjoyed it; I would keep it forever if I could. It is comfortable, quick to respond and a smooth ride. It continues to a reliable and comfortable family vehicle, with only a few minor problems in 7 years! It is just now beginning to show its age - just a little. I wish I could keep it forever, and maybe I will now that gas prices are dropping.

It will leave you high and dry!
By heather on 10/03/08 18:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Cheap car for a not so cheap price. Air suspension problems, hood hinges go bad, vehicle won't start on certain days (dealer can't find the problem) back up sensors don't work on certain days, electrical system is not right, climate control buttons pop off. Very cheaply built! Car only has 78,000 miles and it's junk. Resale value is horrible. Only worth $7,000 (after only 5 years!) Requires premium gas. Door molding coming apart. AC burps when you turn it on.(all of this even with an extended warranty and constant service.