2002 Lincoln Navigator Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

2002 Navigator Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

Sort Reviews by

Great Vehicle
By Love my Lincoln

2002 Lincoln Navigator 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have loved my Lincoln. Gas mileage could be better, but I haven't had any mechanical issues with this car. Engine still runs perfect, transmission still runs perfect, this thing purrs down the road like the day I bought it. The exterior is still very sharp. Interior leather is beautiful and still looks new.

Favorite Features

Very roomy loaded with people. Driving long distances doesn't leave my body aching. Pulling power with a trailer in tow is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, sound system speaker placement (especially with entertainment system)

navigator 02
By r young

2002 Lincoln Navigator 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

the car was fun to drive, had no trouble with it at all.

Favorite Features

comfortable seating, great sound system and cold a/c.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage, storage for rear cargo

Lovin' It
By Rich

2002 Lincoln Navigator 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have enjoyed owning this SUV, even though gas prices sometimes make it hurt. It's always performed superbly and reliably.

Favorite Features

The heated/cooled seats have put an end to my battles with my wife over the temperature setttings. The back up sensors are nice too.

Suggested Improvements

Dual climate control zones in the front, Auto temp controls for the rear, a separate stereo tuner for the rear seats, and an input line for an external audio device, such as an I- pod.

Our SUV
By Shell

2002 Lincoln Navigator 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my navigator in Sept 2004 .. Was worried with the higher miles from Atlanta driving but soon feel in love.. Now with 61.000 miles on it and every option that lincoln offered in 2002 its a dream suv for my family trips. We have 6 in our family and when 1 vehical can keep 4 teenagers happy .. I would say its near perfect. HAd one blow out and replaced one 17in rim.. That was the only thing i have done with the exception of normal oil changes ect.. I do wish it had more pep when you hit the gas.. I expected to pay high prices for gas when i purchased it so that done bother me.. Love the stereo system and all the extras.. Base price on my Navigator was over 51.000..

Favorite Features

Alpine stereo & Retractable rear side windows.. HEAVY DUTY TOW PACKAGE IS GREAT

Suggested Improvements

Little more gas pep would be good , Standard rear Televisions would make this perfect..

LINCOLN The Standard of LUXURY
By Jim And Christina

2002 Lincoln Navigator 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Our GATOR is black with mono-chrome treatment. Soon to be Pearl black & Harley orange 2 tone. For the MOST part we get an average of 14 to 17 miles to the gallon around town & usually about 16 to 21 on the highway and we do NOT drive her like we have an egg under our right foot!!! We do have an edelbrock S/S cat back exhaust system & she breathes better & sounds a LOT better!! The ONLY thing it could use is MORE power & we will be adressing that soon with a supercharger... Well that and a FEW other lil goodies! HEEHeeee Like Harley Davidson rims, bigger tires, custom paint & of course all the HARLEY emblems & badges, Lund moon visor & such..After ALL "ITS ONLY MONEY" !!

Favorite Features

LOVE the Heated & Cooled seats & the factory stereo system is GREAT, BUT the new after market 2500 watt Subs & amps are AWESOM!!! Now we really enjoy the rear seat DvD, Vhs & Tv system

Suggested Improvements

MORE Power!! Maybe an SVT, Harley Davidson Edition...OH wait We are building it OURselves!! HEEHee CANT wait till she is all done!! BUT then again just like our HARLEYS...ARE they really EVER Done?? ME Thinks NOT!! ;-)

excellent
By joeh

2002 Lincoln Navigator 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

great running and driving car with super comfort

Favorite Features

comfort and handling

Suggested Improvements

nothing

smooth operator
By jeff chappel

2002 Lincoln Navigator 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I always look forward to driving this vehicle. Smooth ultra comfortable ride. Spacious beyond belief! Third row seats can easily handle two king size adults. Loads of leg room galore.

Favorite Features

ride space gadgets

Suggested Improvements

beefier engine

Sonnys
By sonnysnavigator

2002 Lincoln Navigator 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

She's beautiful and graceful. She drives like a dream and maintenance is nile. But the fuel economy is poor and it requires premium gas, so it is costly to fill up.

Favorite Features

Looks beautiful and rides smooth

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy

Excellent
By shoppingnurse57

2002 Lincoln Navigator 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Navigator for not quite 1 year. I love driving it - I feel safe - it is a luxurious ride!

Favorite Features

Seats, power everything, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage!

Envy of the neighborhood!
By runflat

2002 Lincoln Navigator 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought Navigator 3 months ago...black with mono-chrome treatment. Beautiful vehicle with great ride. Wife is primary driver and she LOVES it! Got a fantastic deal since 2003 came out...$13,000 off sticker. Initial quality has been disapointing. In 90 days: horn quit working and an interior roof support beam came loose. Was unaware that vehicle requires premium fuel. On top of that, gets 12.1 MPG in city and only 15.5 HWY. Towed an Explorer on trailer with Navigator and did not even know it was there!

Favorite Features

Great looking 6 spoke 17" rims...much better than 2001 rims. Air suspension. Mono-chrome treatment. Rear-sensing system for backing vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Better Gas mileage or choice of smaller engine.