Used 2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

220,000 miles and still going strong
By djracertt03

2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Just purchased mine the other day from the original owner who drove it daily back and forth from Cinci to Cbus. I couldn't believe how solid this thing is with the miles! Time will tell how long this thing lasts but I wouldn't be afraid to take this thing halfway across the country!

Absolutely love the heated/cooled seats and the navigation system. It's a little dated but it seems to work well for the most part.

The interior is a little shabby, but a local upholster is going to re-do the front seats and they should look as good as new.

194000 miles and still running strong
By mikevee1

2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love love love this truck I have owned it since 175000 miles and it wont give up , According to the last driver who was an elderly person the only problem ever was a suspension fuse for the air system. It is huge, on the highway I get over 20 mpg's (the trick is using a k&n hiflow filter) I highly recommend this vehicle. In the snow it is awesome, dont even need the 44 since it is awd all time. The ladies love it, and so does visiting family. I believe I will own this until 300,000 miles. I just drove to Vegas from Minnesota and not a hesitation. Kudos Lincoln on making a sweet ride.

The Rock
By Henry

2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have now owned this vehicle 7 yrs. It has been one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. The only problems that I have had was with the air conditioner which died after about 4yrs. I had it repaired and I have never looked back. I have 2 kids and we have spent lots of time in this SUV. It has a DVD player and an awesome stereo. We have taken many trips in it on vacation and it is very comfortable. We often eat out at fast food joints and we can park and eat our food in the comfort of our navigator just like home. We have many memories in our "Gator" that we will cherish for years. If and when it dies I will probably buy another. 171,000 miles and counting.

Roomy, comfortable, good looks, great view while driving, powerful engine.

Paint could be improved. Bigger wheels

Great vehicle, bad fuel economy
By ericw

2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my Navigator for 4 years, and bought it with 21000 miles on it and now have 125000 and it runs like the day I bought it. Drives and runs great, this vehicle is tops in every category except fuel economy, but the ride and comfort almost outweigh the frequent, costly trips to the gas station. In 100,000 miles I only have done routine maintenance.

Interior, comfort, big throaty strong engine.

Fuel economy, recirculation a/c button

A nice ride
By shawn

2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I got this car in 2006. It's good on the highway and OK in the city. If you like to take long trips then this is the car for you. Great pick up too. I did a few mods to my Navigator so my horsepower and take off speed are great!

A/C seats and power everything. Oh yea, the wood grain steering wheel too!

No improvements needed.