2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:
220,000 miles and still going strong
By djracertt03 on 05/14/12 13:57 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Just purchased mine the other day from the original owner who drove it daily back and forth from Cinci to Cbus. I couldn't believe how solid this thing is with the miles! Time will tell how long this thing lasts but I wouldn't be afraid to take this thing halfway across the country!

194000 miles and still running strong
By mikevee1 on 01/04/12 19:24 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love love love this truck I have owned it since 175000 miles and it wont give up , According to the last driver who was an elderly person the only problem ever was a suspension fuse for the air system. It is huge, on the highway I get over 20 mpg's (the trick is using a k&n hiflow filter) I highly recommend this vehicle. In the snow it is awesome, dont even need the 44 since it is awd all time. The ladies love it, and so does visiting family. I believe I will own this until 300,000 miles. I just drove to Vegas from Minnesota and not a hesitation. Kudos Lincoln on making a sweet ride.

The Rock
By Henry on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have now owned this vehicle 7 yrs. It has been one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. The only problems that I have had was with the air conditioner which died after about 4yrs. I had it repaired and I have never looked back. I have 2 kids and we have spent lots of time in this SUV. It has a DVD player and an awesome stereo. We have taken many trips in it on vacation and it is very comfortable. We often eat out at fast food joints and we can park and eat our food in the comfort of our navigator just like home. We have many memories in our "Gator" that we will cherish for years. If and when it dies I will probably buy another. 171,000 miles and counting.

Great vehicle, bad fuel economy
By ericw on 05/25/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my Navigator for 4 years, and bought it with 21000 miles on it and now have 125000 and it runs like the day I bought it. Drives and runs great, this vehicle is tops in every category except fuel economy, but the ride and comfort almost outweigh the frequent, costly trips to the gas station. In 100,000 miles I only have done routine maintenance.

A nice ride
By shawn on 06/07/07 18:37 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I got this car in 2006. It's good on the highway and OK in the city. If you like to take long trips then this is the car for you. Great pick up too. I did a few mods to my Navigator so my horsepower and take off speed are great!

Thought it was great till warranty over
By Ray on 05/18/07 19:29 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I actually thought this was one of the best cars I ever had and never even bothered to check reviews until I started experiencing problems at 75K mi. Sorry, but a drive train should not fail at 75K. Everything imagineable went wrong. Found out I had a defective transmission - sorry warranty up, car would not start then all of a sudden would be OK. Couldn't find a problem until the fuel pump went out solid - after the warranty was up. The car always pulled to the right - could never find anything wrong - got worse as the car aged. It seems as though literally everything started to break just as the warranty was up.

Love my "car"
By AC on 03/14/06 13:45 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Love the heavy ride, stability and ability to see the road. Towing mirrors eliminate blind spots. Mileage is better than my last "car". I get 20 mph or so on the open highway. True comfort.

What's next for the naviF
By Ellison-Murrell on 03/12/06 03:28 AM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

For the most part its been great a few ups and downs but we made it through

hello again mr mechanic!
By lincoln nav on 12/11/05 16:12 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

i got the one with chrome wheels, heated/air seats, wood, 6 disc- ammenities r great! but this car has been to the repair shop and to the gas station 1 too many times. This is a good looking car, very comfortable, but when i went to the repairmen to get it inspected he said i needed new ball joints. ok, but then he said that lincoln made it so that the would intentionally break!

2001 NAV
By APRIL on 07/07/05 22:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great suv especially if theres kids involved. Love the space and the tv console to keep them quiet or to play the ps2...I've had no problems as of yet.. April atlanta,ga