2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:
nothing but engine problems
By mac905 on 05/23/11 18:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

i have a lincoln because i fell in love with this suv as soon as it came out.I save up enouph money to get one and at first it was everything i hoped it to be then it rained out and water had gotten in to my fuse box and gem moduler box and it was all down hill from there i ended up paying 1,400 dollars to get that fixed. So when it hit a 1,000,00 it was time to change the plugs which coursed another 500 but once the new plugs went in the coils all started to go bad one after another it went from a dream to a night mare.And to make matter worst now the sensors are starten to go one by one i never had this much trouble with a car in my life SO MUCH FOR BUYING AMERICAN a made owner

Nothing but problems!
By LaceyP on 05/01/10 19:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I would NEVER buy another Navigator. I have had nothing but problems with mine. The air suspension went out and is NOT cheap to fix. Also I've had transmission problems. Something in the transmission gets too hot and causes the seal to break and the transmission fluid to leak so transmission had to be rebuilt. The only positive thing about this vehicle is the room and seating but unfortunately I can't keep it running long enough to even enjoy that. If you have a ton of money to fix on ongoing repairs then this car is for you! These vehicles are bad for their suspension and transmission problems...I wish I would have known this before I wasted money buying mine.

Love it
By Love the best on 06/27/08 19:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV

I owned this since it was new, now 9 years old and still great. I have had the heaters in the seats go and not covered under even extended warranty, and also had a transmission electrical switch go out while traveling, and the one plastic piece on the door and one on the lumbar seat. But those were to only trouble I had with this wonderful vehicle. For 9 years service I have loved it since day one. With gas at $4 a gallon I still love it but for me the end is soon because being a woman I want something newer. 9 years is a long time for me. If you are thinking of an older navigator I would say go for it. For 9 it still looks great and performs great.

Won't buy another one
By angie b on 04/25/08 14:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

The problem I have is that from the beginning the little things like the handles inside started falling off, they could be re-attached, but it was a pain to deal with. I probably will not buy another one due to the interior problems I have had. The overall reliability of the car is pretty good. Just not a fan of the inside.

A Great SUV
By rm on 11/14/07 22:04 PM (PST)

2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a great truck for a reasonable price. Our family loves this truck for its comfort and performance. This truck will easily seat 5 people comfortably and 6 with a little discomfort for the third row passengers. Gas mileage is not great. We get 11.8 in ours and our 2007 H2 gets 13. Actually, I thought the Navigator got ok milage until we got our H2. Navigator is a wonderful "on road" vehicle.

My Navigator
By CRAIG on 06/02/07 17:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Awesome. Excellent outstanding preformance comfort for me my wife and four kids. The 4x4 is very impressive offroad. With 134,000 miles on it and only minor repairs I am thinking let's get another one. Our '88 landcruiser or '88 and '89 Jeep Cherokees got worse gas mileage, did not have all wheel drive, and had nowhere near the comfort performance, and style. Navigator is the ultimate SUV.

better than cadillac
By little leo on 08/20/06 20:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

well this is a very beautful car its pretty good on mileage i went to palm springs and i only had to put gas twice!

My navigator
By MIKE on 10/12/05 02:11 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV

A great suv, very comfortable and fun to drive. I like the interior leather and 4 captain seats. I have 20" oversized chrome wheels and upgraded grill that make this vehicle very nice to look at.

fairbury
By Fairbury on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV

Our Navigator has been very reliable for us. We have had few machanical problems with accessories only which have all been taken care of under warranty. No engine or drive train issues have been experienced.

I love my Nav
By KRM on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This was a used vehicle and the dealership and Lincoln have been great to work with. I didn't realize it was such a status symbol. I bought it for the room and the ride.