Used 2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

nothing but engine problems
By mac905

2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

i have a lincoln because i fell in love with this suv as soon as it came out.I save up enouph money to get one and at first it was everything i hoped it to be then it rained out and water had gotten in to my fuse box and gem moduler box and it was all down hill from there i ended up paying 1,400 dollars to get that fixed. So when it hit a 1,000,00 it was time to change the plugs which coursed another 500 but once the new plugs went in the coils all started to go bad one after another it went from a dream to a night mare.And to make matter worst now the sensors are starten to go one by one i never had this much trouble with a car in my life SO MUCH FOR BUYING AMERICAN a made owner

Favorite Features

when the truck was running like a well oil machine you didn't even know you was in a suv the ride was like you where on air. and im a big guy and there was room for everybody and then some it was nice to be able to control the heat for the front at one temp and the kids in the back to have it at there own what more could you ask for

Suggested Improvements

change the route of the sunroof drain and do something about the coil problems and one last thing put a better suspencen on it because the back end blows way to fast

Nothing but problems!
By LaceyP

2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I would NEVER buy another Navigator. I have had nothing but problems with mine. The air suspension went out and is NOT cheap to fix. Also I've had transmission problems. Something in the transmission gets too hot and causes the seal to break and the transmission fluid to leak so transmission had to be rebuilt. The only positive thing about this vehicle is the room and seating but unfortunately I can't keep it running long enough to even enjoy that. If you have a ton of money to fix on ongoing repairs then this car is for you! These vehicles are bad for their suspension and transmission problems...I wish I would have known this before I wasted money buying mine.

Favorite Features

heated seats and 3rd row seating

Suggested Improvements

get rid of air suspension and go back to regular suspension.

Love it
By Love the best

2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV

I owned this since it was new, now 9 years old and still great. I have had the heaters in the seats go and not covered under even extended warranty, and also had a transmission electrical switch go out while traveling, and the one plastic piece on the door and one on the lumbar seat. But those were to only trouble I had with this wonderful vehicle. For 9 years service I have loved it since day one. With gas at $4 a gallon I still love it but for me the end is soon because being a woman I want something newer. 9 years is a long time for me. If you are thinking of an older navigator I would say go for it. For 9 it still looks great and performs great.

Favorite Features

Comfort and luxury beautiful. I have never kept a car this long and still loved it so much. Well worth what it cost in the beginning

Suggested Improvements

Third row seat hard to get out and also hard to access for seating. Gas mileage. Need better warrenty, we were told bumper to bumper when purchased but with the seat trouble they wouldn't cover it.

Won't buy another one
By angie b

2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

The problem I have is that from the beginning the little things like the handles inside started falling off, they could be re-attached, but it was a pain to deal with. I probably will not buy another one due to the interior problems I have had. The overall reliability of the car is pretty good. Just not a fan of the inside.

Favorite Features

The size is really great for a family car. Good cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Use better materials to piece together the parts on the inside so they don't fall apart so easily.

A Great SUV
By rm

2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a great truck for a reasonable price. Our family loves this truck for its comfort and performance. This truck will easily seat 5 people comfortably and 6 with a little discomfort for the third row passengers. Gas mileage is not great. We get 11.8 in ours and our 2007 H2 gets 13. Actually, I thought the Navigator got ok milage until we got our H2. Navigator is a wonderful "on road" vehicle.

Favorite Features

This truck is very roomy and comfortable. Navigators are very reliable. We bought this truck in 2005 and have done zero work on it, except for oil changes and tire rotation. I love the way it handles. It is a large vehicle that handles like a car.

Suggested Improvements

Entrance to the third row could be a little easier to access. This is especially the case, when you have to take car seats out, in order to fold down the seats to get to the third row. Also, the plastic piece on the door handle has fallen off every door, expect for one.