Used 1999 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

1999 Lincoln Navigator

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

Good BUT!
By gswar2003

1999 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

I can sum it up for you buy it before 100,000 miles. It was great until that point i have replaced pretty much everything except the engine. cheap inside. Great car to travel in not an everyday 100,000 miles.

I'd buy another but......
By Greg L

1999 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

All and all it has been a pretty reliable SUV. I have put about $2000 in fixing the air suspension on the front and back of the vehicle. It is very spacious. The ride is a bit rough and the power could be improved. My major issue is the interior for a $50K vehicle it just completely came apart. I think everything is made of plastic and they all break. I like the new one but I may wait awhile to see some reviews...

Suggested Improvements

No plastic, smoother ride, more power, better stereo

Depends on the day...
By CatMcM121

1999 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

Most days I really enjoy the navigator. Other days I want to kick myself for buying it. While I got it at a steal for 10G last year with 65k miles, I got it right when gas prices skyrocketed, my fault, as was not paying attention to the sound/alarm/entertainment systems (aftermarket and CHEAP). It drives beautifully, but what irks me is the odometer that appears/disapppears randomly, the "growling" noise it makes (something to do with suspension, happens when the car is off! talk about the strange looks I get...), back wiper dead, seat heater doesn't work. Other than these problems, it's fine. Tough to drive in the city. Great for long trips if you can afford getting only 18 mpg highway

Favorite Features

power leather seats, height, mirrors, style, amount of seating, dvd player, and i'm sure i'd like the seat heaters if they worked

Suggested Improvements

Have back two rows of seating fold DOWN, it's silly to have such a large car yet NO ROOM! Seatbelts that accomodate shorter drivers, not choke them. Visibility is poor between windshield and driver/passenger windows.

Love my Navigator
By Kathy Smith

1999 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is a supurb piece of equipment that is classy and comfortable. I have pulled a semi weighing 80,000lbs. that was stuck on ice, pulled a truck from a snowy ditchbank, drug a tree log that we dropped in the back yard, pulled out overgrown bushes around the house and have traveled many miles with my grankids. I can't say enough about the performance and comfort of this SUV. There isn't another vehicle that I have been more pleased and proud to own. It is a workhorse and yet is classy and comfortable.

Favorite Features

The smooth ride is the best asset along with the radio, front seat heaters, and the programming of the seat settings for both drivers. The 4wheel drive is a reasurring comfort on slippery roads. I simply adore the air bags that lift and levels the SUV in 4 wheel high gear for snowy days.

Suggested Improvements

The foot boards could be slightly larger and slanted for better footing. There isn't much room for improvement with this truck. It has everything I needed in a vehicle.

Not bad for a Ford
By gswar2003

1999 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

I was a bit skeptical to buy it since my ford Exploder days. But I must admit it has been a joy to drive. I have had no major mechanical problems except running through brake pads like water. All & all a nice vehicle. The only think is for a $50,000 vehicle the cheap plastic pieces that break off need to go. I am looking forward to buying '04 or '05 Great family vacation car!

Favorite Features

cup holders, heated seats, roomy interior

Suggested Improvements

no more plastic, fold away 3rd row, navigational system, Sun-Roof, better brakes