1999 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:
Good BUT!
By gswar2003 on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

I can sum it up for you buy it before 100,000 miles. It was great until that point i have replaced pretty much everything except the engine. cheap inside. Great car to travel in not an everyday 100,000 miles.

I'd buy another but......
By Greg L on 11/28/06 13:32 PM (PST)

1999 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

All and all it has been a pretty reliable SUV. I have put about $2000 in fixing the air suspension on the front and back of the vehicle. It is very spacious. The ride is a bit rough and the power could be improved. My major issue is the interior for a $50K vehicle it just completely came apart. I think everything is made of plastic and they all break. I like the new one but I may wait awhile to see some reviews...

Depends on the day...
By CatMcM121 on 09/09/06 15:21 PM (PDT)

1999 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

Most days I really enjoy the navigator. Other days I want to kick myself for buying it. While I got it at a steal for 10G last year with 65k miles, I got it right when gas prices skyrocketed, my fault, as was not paying attention to the sound/alarm/entertainment systems (aftermarket and CHEAP). It drives beautifully, but what irks me is the odometer that appears/disapppears randomly, the "growling" noise it makes (something to do with suspension, happens when the car is off! talk about the strange looks I get...), back wiper dead, seat heater doesn't work. Other than these problems, it's fine. Tough to drive in the city. Great for long trips if you can afford getting only 18 mpg highway

Love my Navigator
By Kathy Smith on 09/05/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

1999 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is a supurb piece of equipment that is classy and comfortable. I have pulled a semi weighing 80,000lbs. that was stuck on ice, pulled a truck from a snowy ditchbank, drug a tree log that we dropped in the back yard, pulled out overgrown bushes around the house and have traveled many miles with my grankids. I can't say enough about the performance and comfort of this SUV. There isn't another vehicle that I have been more pleased and proud to own. It is a workhorse and yet is classy and comfortable.

Not bad for a Ford
By gswar2003 on 02/09/05 14:00 PM (PST)

1999 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

I was a bit skeptical to buy it since my ford Exploder days. But I must admit it has been a joy to drive. I have had no major mechanical problems except running through brake pads like water. All & all a nice vehicle. The only think is for a $50,000 vehicle the cheap plastic pieces that break off need to go. I am looking forward to buying '04 or '05 Great family vacation car!

1999 Navigator
By L.V. Cooper on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV

I have owned 2 Navigators and I must say I have never driven a better Vehicle. I love the way it steers you can park it on a dime and for a large SUV I think that says it all. I just love it.

Most Luxurious LEMON - My Love Hate SUV
By Ray R Harris on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

Thank God for Extended Warranties. I've replaced: 2 Engines, a Transmission and a Rear End. Plus, lots of interior features have failed and been replaced. I love the SUV's perfomance and looks. I once had to navigate through 3 feet of flood waters and even though the water came over the hood and onto the windshield, this baby never stopped. My lease is up soon...and I just don't know what to do...I love it but I'm sure glad I don't have to pay to fix it!

The Greatest Travel Vehicle
By Bobby Hodum on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

I absolutely love this vehicle. I bought it used with 20,000 miles, and I have loved driving it. I've often said that if someone offered me a free new vehicle of my choice, I would choose another Navigator. My only complaint is with service. Fortunately, I've needed very little service, but when I do, my experiences with the local dealer have always been negative. If you have a good local dealer, that's great! But my local dealer may have driven me to purchase another vehicle.

All Around Great
By Dick Dillon on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car new and it was 4 yrs old. in Aug. I have never had a better car for overall looks and performance. I get about 15 mph on trips and 13.5 around town. That is not far from the 1987 Pathfinder that I traded in. The performance is well worth the extra gas that it uses. The main difference is the price I have to pay for the premimum gas that is recommended by the manufacturer. I'm 74 years old and pretty sure this well out live me by many years. I'm happy to have lived long enough to enjoy my remaining years in such comfort. It's like riding around in your living room.

Personal Safety Rating Testimonial
By Michael Summers on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV

An accident in front of our Lincoln Navigator forced us to come to a complete stop on the interstate. A girl rear ended our Navigator at 70mph. We were completely stopped and it pushed our truck forward the space of 2 parked cars. All 5 passengers in our vehicle walked away from this accident with no broken bones and only stiff necks and joints. This vehicle is more than a pretty ride. It's a steel bubble that saved my family from a potentially fatal accident. I highly reccomend the 1999 Lincoln NAVIGATOR not only for security, but as well as for style, class, and reliabilty. Two thumbs up to Lincoln on a job well built!