1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:
Sometimes the First ones are the Best
By Craig on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this 98 Navigator in 2003 after looking for a Minivan. Initially thought the vehicle was too classy for an SUV. However other than replacing coils it has been fantastic. Usually the early models are lacking, but I feel with Lincoln they had something to prove and put all the quality into the 1998. We still have it with 138,000 on it now and love it..

The best Luxury SUV Ever
By sir cal on 02/21/10 11:58 AM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck is performing at high standards and looks good.I still have the factory chrome wheels.If you keep the maintenance up it will last you for years to come.Some people think that they can just ride for years and not do the maintenance.Then when parts start going bad all at once, they say bad things about the navagator.

Love my Navigator
By Kendall Harris on 10/23/06 18:36 PM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

All I can say is that I've Never had any problems at all Only thing I've had Replaced were the Brakes which at the time I thought were to early but after talking to people they said 48000 miles wasn't that bad for a car this size.

1998 Nav Still Going Strong - Smoothly
By Carlos on 06/26/06 12:58 PM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV

Had my grandpa up this week, and he still marvels at the look and drivability of my 98 Nav. I have enjoyed it from day 1. Of course gas prices were south of $1 when I first bought it, and I have been getting 15 MPG for as long as I have had it, so this is one of the drawbacks. When it is cleaned up, waxed, and wheels detailed, it is still quite an impressive vehicle.

My Gator
By Marty on 01/27/06 09:53 AM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

After all these years (7), the Navigator still gives me a feeling of fun and excitement to drive. The doors shut with a confident sound, and the massiveness and muscle make me feel in charge. It can pull stumps and deliver me to the Ball in the same day. I love this truck.

navigating navigator
By ed stanley on 12/20/04 17:00 PM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV

This vehicle comes equipped with the best factory seats I have ever experienced. Although the fuel economy is nothing to shout about and considering the weight and being a v8 truck advertised as an suv I am not disappointed in the mileage. Good sound system. Great ac and the quiet ride is a tremendous asset.

The best
By You mama on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I owned 4 lincoln towncar but lincoln navigator is the Best ..I will buy again and other one...

Solid and reliable
By Long time owner on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

As I begin thining about moving up to a newer model, I hesitate to give up this solid truck with nice features and great towing capabilites. The ride is a bit on the truck side, but if you need a vehicle that can pull the boat with ease, inspire confidence on snow covered roads, and give you a comanding view of the road, this is a good choice. Fuel economy seems right in the ballpark for a vehicle of this type, averaging just over 15 mpg, but can get higher in freeway driving.

Good made Better
By jtr02a on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

My family has loved owning this Navigator, it is wonderful for Boy Scout campouts and long distance travel. We purchased this vehicle because our family is growing (6'5", 6'4", 5'11", & 5'10") and needed more leg and headroom and this was perfect. Aside from the obviously bad mpg (on all SUV's) and slightly underpowered acceleration (for a Lincoln, great compared to "normal" SUV's), this is a great, stable SUV. We own several Lincolns and will definitely continue to buy. The newer models seem to have corrected most of the imperfections found on the '98.

the navve
By mca on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV

its really fun to drive the nav except for the gas part. its like siphoning all the gas in the tank whenever you fill up