1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:
Sometimes the First ones are the Best
By Craig on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this 98 Navigator in 2003 after looking for a Minivan. Initially thought the vehicle was too classy for an SUV. However other than replacing coils it has been fantastic. Usually the early models are lacking, but I feel with Lincoln they had something to prove and put all the quality into the 1998. We still have it with 138,000 on it now and love it..

The best Luxury SUV Ever
By sir cal on 02/21/10 11:58 AM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck is performing at high standards and looks good.I still have the factory chrome wheels.If you keep the maintenance up it will last you for years to come.Some people think that they can just ride for years and not do the maintenance.Then when parts start going bad all at once, they say bad things about the navagator.

Great Navi
By JVAC on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a great truck! We bought it when our first child was on the way because we thought it would be a good, safe family car. The oil light came on yesterday while driving on the highway, then the engine started making an awful sound as I was exiting, so I had it towed to the dealer. They say the engine is dead at 92,000 miles. This is a sad day for me deciding whether to buy a new engine or a new Navi.

DAMN GREAT SUV NO BETTER THAN THIS
By theman9479 on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV

THIS IS GREAT NEVER HAVE OWNED SUCH A GREAT SUV, I WILL ALWAYS OWN AT LEAST 1 NAVIGATOR IN MY LIFE !!!

Luv To Drive a Big SUV
By Material Guy on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Great SUV.. I would buy another. I may trade only because of poor gas mileage..12 regardless of where you are.

Relaxing
By mike g. on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Smooth ride,people look at you differently,put toghether well,very little exterior noise,great vehicle

I love this truck!
By Iron Mike on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

What can I say, this truck is the most comfortable SUV on the market for a big man. I'm 6'7 and fit in like a glove. I bought it used with 17k miles, I put almost 40k in two years and changed the oil (mobile 1) every 5k, air filter, and front breaks/rotors which is normal.

THE GATOR
By Lynn on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

WE LOVE OUR NAVIGATOR- THE LOOK, THE ROOM & THE DRIVE. IT IS THE ULTIMATE AUTOMOBILE TO TRAVEL IN. I WOULD BUY ANOTHER ONE IN A HEARTBEAT. THE ONLY DOWNFALL IS THE MAINTENANCE COST - TIRES, LOW GAS MILEAGE & ANY MECHANICAL WORK.

lincoln navigator
By dpilcher on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV

I love my navigator. The only way I would change it is for a new one!

Never had a problem...
By K. H. on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Just parted with our navigator - time to move on to something new - but we miss it already! Never had a mechanical problem with the car. The only problem we had was with the driver's seat breaking down in the left rear corner (closest to the door), and had to have it replaced.. tho the cusion seemed to break down again (caves in/slants). We were the 2nd owners - and would buy another one in a heartbeat - but not a new one.. preowned ONLY (they're too expensive). :)