Used 1998 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

Sometimes the First ones are the Best
By Craig

1998 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this 98 Navigator in 2003 after looking for a Minivan. Initially thought the vehicle was too classy for an SUV. However other than replacing coils it has been fantastic. Usually the early models are lacking, but I feel with Lincoln they had something to prove and put all the quality into the 1998. We still have it with 138,000 on it now and love it..

Favorite Features

Classy appearance, leather, and seating.

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage runs 14.4 regardless of how I drive.

The best Luxury SUV Ever
By sir cal

1998 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck is performing at high standards and looks good.I still have the factory chrome wheels.If you keep the maintenance up it will last you for years to come.Some people think that they can just ride for years and not do the maintenance.Then when parts start going bad all at once, they say bad things about the navagator.

Favorite Features

I like everthing about my navigator. It's the only SUV that still looks good and performs like the day it was made.

Suggested Improvements

I would say gas mileage but considering the size of the vehicle and the power of acceleration, it's alright.

Love my Navigator
By Kendall Harris

1998 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

All I can say is that I've Never had any problems at all Only thing I've had Replaced were the Brakes which at the time I thought were to early but after talking to people they said 48000 miles wasn't that bad for a car this size.

Favorite Features

I like just about everything about the car.still just love the looks of it even if some think its to toothy

Suggested Improvements

the way both the middle seat does fold down although it is easy to get into the third seat.And also the third seat not folding down easy---- Both of which Lincoln lissoned to people and changed. Good going Lincoln

1998 Nav Still Going Strong - Smoothly
By Carlos

1998 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV

Had my grandpa up this week, and he still marvels at the look and drivability of my 98 Nav. I have enjoyed it from day 1. Of course gas prices were south of $1 when I first bought it, and I have been getting 15 MPG for as long as I have had it, so this is one of the drawbacks. When it is cleaned up, waxed, and wheels detailed, it is still quite an impressive vehicle.

Favorite Features

7 passenger seating. Center storage vessel in 2nd row. Always a treat to fill it with ice and bring beverages along for a cruise. The ride is - well - its a Lincoln - smooth and powerful.

Suggested Improvements

Wind noise around RR View Mirrors. Base tires were a joke - Have been using Michelins ever since '01, and it has made all the difference.

My Gator
By Marty

1998 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

After all these years (7), the Navigator still gives me a feeling of fun and excitement to drive. The doors shut with a confident sound, and the massiveness and muscle make me feel in charge. It can pull stumps and deliver me to the Ball in the same day. I love this truck.

Favorite Features

Solidity, height, power, dependability and elegance

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage, 13.1 mpg is the norm. Uphill, downhill or pulling a trailor, 13.1...always the same