Used 2007 Lincoln Navigator L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Navigator L model:

Outdated, needs upgrades
By jr17

2007 Lincoln Navigator L Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the Nav thinking I would come to love it, but it never happened. The rear end, tail lights, looks really outdated. Make the taillights more stylish and make the rear window smaller. That giant window in back is getting old and boring. Add a back up cam, and make this more aerodynamic. I like Ford, and it drives nice, but the motor like the chassis is outdated. 300 hp for a vehicle this big? Come on, this think should have 350 hp with 15-17 mpg. If you can't get this., fire your engineers and hire someone else.. No more Ford for me.

Favorite Features

Ride, quietness, front end

Suggested Improvements

Almost everything except the ride. Motor, rear styling, interior all need to improve. The Nav is like a Harley. Every year they bolt another piece of chrome on it and call it " all new and improved" Yeah right. No more Ford for me. Will try The new Grand Cherokee next.

Best SUV Yet
By Mohamad

2007 Lincoln Navigator L Luxury 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car a couple of months ago after recently selling my 2003 Navigator because we thought we needed a more room because we are family of 7 and we always said we would get a bigger car. We tried the Escallade ESV and the GMC Yukon EL but when it came to it, the Navigator was best. I have 2 teenage kids who are really tall and love the room only in the Navigator because of our last one. This car is really good for travel. My family and I went on a 14 hour trip to Tennesse from Tampa and we went none stop with all 7 of us and also we took my nephew and all of our stuff that hit to the roof in the truck. It drove nice and smooth and it was even raining and I put alot of weight. Perfect!

Favorite Features

The extra room and the navigation. Also the DVD for my kids and the legroom in all 3 rooms fits full grown adults with ease and is very comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Nothing!!!! Best SUV ever!!!

My 07 Navigator L experience
By dtipainter

2007 Lincoln Navigator L Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

After looking at several SUV's, we decided to try a Navigator L. We were impressed with the styling, comfort, and size of the vehicle. The heated and cooled seats were a nice idea. Too bad the seat's cooling function isn't sized properly to cool on hot days. Roughly 5 months into the ownership, we are quite disappointed in the car.

Favorite Features

Power running boards, power folding rear seat, and the leather seats are very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Everytime I back the large vehicle out of my garage, I wonder why Ford didn't intall a rear view camera. The car is all but ready for one since it already has the navigation screen. With so many buttons on the center console, turning on the AC recirc is like operating a supercomputer.

Great New SUV!
By ggzobz

2007 Lincoln Navigator L Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Missing are staple features in luxury cars. As stated, Bluetooth, backup camera specifically. Sirius radio is awesome! Love the seats and colors. Rear DVD is flawless and the Navi interface, rear controls and stereo controls are very easy to use, even without the 45 minute walk around from the salesman (I have no patience for such things and prefer to learn them myself). Finally, Bravo on the A/C seats (missing on the 2007 Yukon XL Denali, my ranch vehicle, but it has back up cam.)

Favorite Features

Stereo/Navigation interface is very easy to use/learn. Loved it.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth, Backup cam a must for 2009 (when my lease is up)

Missing a few items
By familyman

2007 Lincoln Navigator L Luxury 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Very smooth, quiet ride. We have four teenagers, all tall, and the leg room in the second and especially the third row can't be beat. Looked at the Escalade ESV, Mercedes Benz GL 450 and the QX 56. Decided on the Navigator L because of price, the roomy interior and the power fold third row. I only have had it about a month, but so far I like it. My previous SUV was a 2002 GMC Denali. Definitely an upgrade on interior space, although the Denali was not as firm to drive. I do believe that Lincoln left off a few items that should have been included on their "premier SUV". No bluetooth, backup camera, heated second row seats, mute button on steering wheel or even daytime running lights.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable seats, great leg room in all rows, especially the third row (my teenagers were uncomfortable in the Escalade and the QX 56). Very quiet inside. Power fold third row. Great cup holders. "Canopy" air bag system for all three rows.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth (inexcusable!), backup camera, heated second row seats, daytime running lights (why did they leave off such an inexpensive safety item?) Also, I really don't care for the large chrome strip running down the side, but that is just my personal preference.