2014 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Review: Your Dream is now My Reality

2014 Lincoln MKZ - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Your Dream is now My Reality
By mrzephyr on

2014 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Ford, and now Lincoln Motor Company will never admit it but they now offer us vehicles that drive themselves. Between the available Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Keep Assistance I have in my 2013 103A Zephyr, I'm driving with more confidence than ever. My wife and I took delivery today, we chose the Ecoboost in a FWD as we have quite the commute. She had three stipulations: Has to have the BLISS, Rear Camera and Rear Sensors that I currently have in my Fusion. I can never live without them, she stated. My only stip was the Adaptive Cruise because of our inconsistent traffic in the metro area, I easily get frustrated with the stop, start, increase speed, CONTINUED under Favorite features:

Favorite Features

decrease speed, cancel, resume...ah hell and I just turn it off. Now with Adaptive Cruise, my Zephyr does it all for me. After I enable the cruise and set the speed, the traffic sets the pace for me. I only travel as fast as the cars I'm following. If they speed up, I speed up. If they slow down, I slow down all the while my Lincoln maintains a predetermined Gap behind the car I'm following. And because Lincoln offers me the power of choice, I manipulate the Gap to maximize MPG's. I also have the choice to control the Ride, both in Drive as well as Sport mode. Choice to control the Shift points and, well, I can go on and on. CONTINUED under suggested improvements:

Suggested Improvements

Thus the reason I'm taking the time to write this review. I'm a new Proud Owner of what I feel is the snazziest Sedan ever built. If Ford and Lincoln keep this up I'll never drive anything different. It's loaded with features that are completely applicable to my wife and I's daily driving habits! In the Zephyr, anything I can do by hard button or soft key, I can also do by voice command. MyLincoln Touch's negative reviews I now see are not a result of a flawed system, but lazyness on the salesperson persons part for not taking the time to learn the system and show consumers just how intuitive it truly is. As you probably suspect, this was not the case with my representative.