2014 Lincoln MKZ 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - A true boulevard cruiser

2014 Lincoln MKZ - Consumer Review

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hybrid Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

A true boulevard cruiser
By xeroblu on

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love this car, but there are some things that could use improvement. First off this is a car you buy because you love the way it looks period. Its not fast and its not suppose to be, if your looking for performance try the non hybrid ecoboost or buy a German brand. I love the Germans, I've owned an Audi, two BMW's and a Mercedes and all were fantastic cars. This definitely is different, its uniquely American in that it has more road feel than your typical Japanese luxury car will have however not as much as the Germans. Id say its nicely in the middle. Personally the styling on the top tier trim level MKz beats the pants off any Lexus ES which is its main compeditor.

Favorite Features

Panoramic roof by far is the most appealing feature of the car aside from its exterior sheet metal in general The interior design is great and really opens up with the Pano roof. At night the cabin is tastefully and artfully lit up with the ability to change the color to taste your mood. Seats are comfortable and the dynamic drive control actually works. You really can tell a difference in how the car steers and rides depending on the 3 modes your in.

Suggested Improvements

For all its pros its cons are not deal breakers to me only because I just love the way this car looks. First off I'm a stickler for how things feel in my hand. If the cars appearance did not have such a hold on me this would be a deal breaker. The few buttons the car does have leave you with a hollow feeling not befitting of a high 40k car. I have a Focus which has better feeling switch gear. The center console doors which open for cup holders are plastic. Im ok with plastic if it inspires solidity and is highly polished, but they are not, again they have a hollow and light feel. Finally the engine can drone on due to the CVT.