25 of 25 people found this review helpful
4TH MKZ OWNED (Have 3.7 model)
By bhp2000 on
2014 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Through 30 yrs had 5 BMWs, 2 Benz, 2 Jags & an Audi.
ALL tire eaters.
ALL ugly brake dust a wk after wash.
All Premium gas.
Most had me in the SERVICE depts on a reg. basis.
BMW the worst. (Over-tech-ed)
Got tired of it all in '07 & tried an MKZ.
Cheaper to buy of course and luxury perks suffered but was pissed off.
Then, things like REGULAR gas, no brake dust, tires getting 46k miles rather than 20k, free oil changes, rotations etc and NO PROBLEMS mechanically inspired the next one & so on.
The car keeps improving & current one's the best so far.
DON'T believe reviewers trashing after a day with the car. ASK OWNERS you see on the street then test drive.
- regular gas
- no gas cap...quick fill
- no brake dust like euro iron
- getting over 40k on tires and NOT 20k
- luxury appointments keep improving
- cheaper insurance
- incredibly reliable (have had 4 now)
- tech toys work...some learning curve but the
work just fine once learned.
- NAV easier and better than Beemer I-Drive.
- auto trunk open and close nice touch
- on dash transmission controls clear up space
and aren't cheap like some reviewers claim
- good normal sound system THX incredible
- overall design and quality getting better and
better inside and out
- GLAD to be driving an AMERICAN CAR!
here and it makes sense to support MY
This goes for all cars:
Put extra padding on either side of drivers cockpit for knees!
On long trips guys' knees (especially) rest on sides.
Extra PADDING there would be most welcomed.
Seats improved but could be a tad more comfortable.
Best yet though.
A few of the plastic parts like the headliner lighting parts and switches are cheap.
As are the buttons to open ashtray and console panels.
KNOCK IT OFF....you're SO CLOSE don't cheap out on these little things that leave BIG first impressions!
That's the ONLY reason I'm still giving 4's and not 5's in some areas.
IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS!
GLAD Lincoln got rid of that UGLY piping on the seats.