Used 2014 Lincoln MKZ Sedan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Lincoln MKZ Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

2014 Mkz with 5k driven miles
By Russ

2014 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First off I got really lucky with finding a MKZ with everything I wanted with only 5000 miles on it. The other MKZs had over 20k on them. so far I've had the car for 3 weeks and it's been nothing but a dream it's almost brand new the ride is super comfortable I came out of a Cadillac CTS and before that I had a Mercedes Benz 350 so I know what Comfort feels like in this MKZ is perfect when it comes to comfort and styling the interior is super quiet the exterior is strikingly beautiful. I love the I4 ecoboost engine gives you the power when you need it I feel like I'm still in my V6 and when you go into sport mode it is really phenomenal on how it handles the technology package is not for everybody but I love it some of the older people don't like it they want knots and you'll see the 2017 MKZ they went back to knobs but I prefer the Sleek styling that they have an in MKZ. You will not go wrong with a MKZ. Lincoln did a great job in this car..

2014 Lincoln MKZ 3.7L AWD
By TrevorP

2014 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am a 21 year old guy. I have owned this car for about 9 months after owning an 06 Range Rover Sport. I must say I never thought I would own a Lincoln. Those are for elders, right? After ending up at my local Ford/Lincoln dealer and looking at every car a 21 year old guy wants (Focus ST, Subaru STI, Jeep Wrangler, Toyota Tacoma) I stumbled upon the MKZ lineup on the lot. My curiosity peaked and I took one for a test drive. Absolutely fell in love! Put the thing in sport mode and it stiffens up surprisingly well, making you feel confident taking a freeway curve without slowing down. When the car is in normal drive mode it does tend to wobble back and forth when I hit a bump or a hole in the road. But those are inevitable to avoid in Utah. I also had the gas tank body cover break so it didn't stay shut, but I read up on it and its very common with Fords. Other than that I love this vehicle, its perfect for urban, city and freeway driving. Cant imagine a better car to take a long road trip in.

great styling, well equipped, I'm satisfied
By Leland

2014 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

i upgraded to the MKZ recently after having a ford fusion. i could not be happier. the styling and looks are fantastic. the car is quiet and rides smooth on the roads. the information system works fine after you learn to use it. this is my first hybrid and i'm very happy with the gas mileage.

Not your grandpas car anymore
By Varun

2014 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

No place to review the TV ads? ;)

Must say as a 33 year old and looking for a car that is reliable, sleek, feature rich, sporty yet sophisticated - I didn't think an American car stood a chance.

Then Lincoln redesigned the MKZ in 2013 and boy did they do an amazing job! It turned my head whenever I saw one on the road... And I'm glad to say the features match the top notch style.

I have the '14 MKZ 3.7 v6 FWD. Also has the Tech Package, 19" wheels and THX sound. My highlights:

- Exterior look is bold yet sophisticated
- interior is exquisite. The touch screens and knob/buttonless center console is awesome!
- Noise cancelling technology makes the cabin super quiet
- push button transmission! Uh, super cool!
- Techology package is a must for adaptive cruise control (read about it), parallel park assist, Lane departure warning & more
- the THX sound is incredible! 14 speakers worth of audio bliss
- The car handles like a dream, even in snowey conditions and the sports mode is fun for when you want more muscle than fuel economy
- every feature you want is included: memory seats, a remote start that works from inside a building, dimming &
Heated mirrors, power open/close on trunk, voice control your phone (Siri) plus the car, heated & cooled seats... All of them! Plus heated steering wheel.

This car is amazing. Give it a try, it's hands down better than all its competitors in overall value, features and perdormance.

Excellent Car - with a few irritations
By tarheel6521

2014 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had the itch to trade and had researched the MKZ, E350 and BMW 5-Series in the previous weeks.
My irritations are with build quality - which I blame on Ford shipping their luxury car brand assembly to Mexico.
As this was the most expensive car I've ever bought or leased, I expect ZERO defects. My MB and 2012 Taurus were perfect during my entire ownership experience. I expect the same from what was America's luxury car leader for so many years. remains they are left to clean up the issues caused by mother Ford/Lincoln by farming assembly to Mexico to save costs, but still charge a big price for their vehicles.

Now, the good - acceleration is excellent with the Spanish built 2.0 Ecoboost engine. It doesn't scream when pushed. Handling is remarkable, breaking excellent, comfort phenomenal (not to the level of my 1979 MKV - but comfortable). The THX sound system is absolutely incredible. Set to surround mode, tunes from my iPod or CD is pristine even coming from the compressed audio formatting. The Sirius sound is okay - they could have done better with defining that quality. Gas mileage in city driving is 24 and highway (70-75 MPH) is 32 MPG. These numbers verified with manual calculations compared with the vehicle fuel economy computer (spot on, by the way).

Once the current discrepancies are corrected, I hope I will not encounter any others. IF there are future build quality issues, that will determine my future with Lincoln and if I decide to buy this car at the end of the lease or if I will buy another MKZ.