2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Hybrid 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (12 reviews )

Fabulous Vehice Inside Out - But something to be aware of
By jsanthanam

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought one with Panaromic roof. Yesterday, a good friend of mine saw this car for the first time and he was in awe with that car. With that note, he was about to get off from the front passenger seat. Since the car has a lower seating and the door was far from him to hold on to, he held on to the top frame of the car with his right hand fingers over the roof that I had just opened to display. With rain coming, I decided to close it with his fingers still on. The glass roof rolled over his fingers just as tight as one can imagine. His 3 fingers are now fractured. Owners of the car with this roof, please be aware that this could happen to you or someone with you.

Microsoft Sync - Many reviewers are very critical about this. I think it is more about knowing to use it's features than anything else. Exterior and Interior styling is very classy

With the battery on the trunk, it takes away a lot of space. I find it a bit difficult to fit my golf bag. Leg space for the passengers in the back is too tight.

Happy purchaser
By obee

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We traded our A6 Audi for the MKZ hybrid and couldn't be happier. We took delivery in Arizona and after about 300 miles drove it to Minnesota. We find the seating more comfortable than the Audi but we did get the messaging seats because of my wife's back trouble. We averaged 40.2 on the trip and now at 3000 miles it is at 41. We have had two shorter trip gas fills with one at 48 and one at 44, but I have to say that we live in a rural area with a lot of 55 mph roads and we have paid close attention to acceleration and braking. I appreciate the lack of a shifter since they only connect to wires anyway. The interior is very attractive and close to the Audi's quality.

I would say the styling and economy, including the sleek console and dash. It is also very quiet more than the Audi.

Maybe put grocery bag hooks in the trunk.

A true boulevard cruiser
By xeroblu

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love this car, but there are some things that could use improvement. First off this is a car you buy because you love the way it looks period. Its not fast and its not suppose to be, if your looking for performance try the non hybrid ecoboost or buy a German brand. I love the Germans, I've owned an Audi, two BMW's and a Mercedes and all were fantastic cars. This definitely is different, its uniquely American in that it has more road feel than your typical Japanese luxury car will have however not as much as the Germans. Id say its nicely in the middle. Personally the styling on the top tier trim level MKz beats the pants off any Lexus ES which is its main compeditor.

Panoramic roof by far is the most appealing feature of the car aside from its exterior sheet metal in general The interior design is great and really opens up with the Pano roof. At night the cabin is tastefully and artfully lit up with the ability to change the color to taste your mood. Seats are comfortable and the dynamic drive control actually works. You really can tell a difference in how the car steers and rides depending on the 3 modes your in.

For all its pros its cons are not deal breakers to me only because I just love the way this car looks. First off I'm a stickler for how things feel in my hand. If the cars appearance did not have such a hold on me this would be a deal breaker. The few buttons the car does have leave you with a hollow feeling not befitting of a high 40k car. I have a Focus which has better feeling switch gear. The center console doors which open for cup holders are plastic. Im ok with plastic if it inspires solidity and is highly polished, but they are not, again they have a hollow and light feel. Finally the engine can drone on due to the CVT.

Love My MKZ Hybrid
By chicagoeg

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Previous 3 new cars have been Acura TL's. Loved them but wanted better mileage and to get away from premium gas. I've owned the MKZ for 6 months and put 7,500 Chicago miles on it. Seems winter mileage (mixed city and hiway) 38 to 40. Now, April, running about 42 MPG, Very satisfied with that , but may get even better during summer. Love the lines and ride. Tech controls a bit too sensitive and complex. So far, VERY satisfied.

Mileage, body style, ride. Fun to drive.

Simplify tech controls

Vehicle mpg not true.
By edsmerc50

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Disappointed in the mpg. sheet states 45mpg. Dealership rechecked 04/01/2014 for mpg and no problems found to justify why I'm only getting 34.3mpg. I'm going back to Audi,VW,Honda or Toyota. I've own these vehicles before and they live up to their build sheet. American brand name vehicles are flawed and people selling them are either more enterested in selling the car than telling the truth or they don't know enough about the product their selling. Price too high for really what your getting.

Radar cruise controll and sound system okay. Interior comfortable if your not a large person. If you like gagets there's enough to play with.

start telling the buyer the truth about the mpg. tires maybe to shallow and causing road noise. If your driving on long trip the alarm for the rest stop goes off to often. I had the dealership disconnect it. We were in the car 30 minutes driving and the alarm went off for rest stop. Need more european design to improve this vehicle.