Used 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Hybrid 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (13 reviews )

Third Ford Corporation Hybrid
By Fred

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my third "Ford Corporation" hybrid. First was a 2010 Ford Fusion (great vehicle), Second, a 2012 Lincoln MKZ (another great vehicle) and this one, a 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. I purchased the 2014 Lincoln solely because it has "killer" looks, very eye-catching and the newest battery technology. I've had no problems with ANY of the hybrids and the gas mileage is fantastic. I really like Ford's hybrids because they look like "real" cars, not like "insects" as in the Toyota Prius. There's only a couple of things I would change, one is the CVT transmission (I don't care for the "drone" sound it makes under hard acceleration {although it does perform well at all highway speeds}), the second is a larger fuel tank and the third is the many touch screen prompts (I prefer buttons/switches and knobs). Dealer service is great, showrooms are high class and personnel are very friendly. Additionally, Lincoln does not charge extra for the hybrid edition. A nice feature is when sitting in traffic, the battery pack heats and cools the interior of the car without running the engine and only comes on temporarily when the battery pack needs to be recharged and that only takes a few minutes. Can't buy a better vehicle.

Fabulous Vehice Inside Out - But something to be aware of
By jsanthanam

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought one with Panaromic roof. Yesterday, a good friend of mine saw this car for the first time and he was in awe with that car. With that note, he was about to get off from the front passenger seat. Since the car has a lower seating and the door was far from him to hold on to, he held on to the top frame of the car with his right hand fingers over the roof that I had just opened to display. With rain coming, I decided to close it with his fingers still on. The glass roof rolled over his fingers just as tight as one can imagine. His 3 fingers are now fractured. Owners of the car with this roof, please be aware that this could happen to you or someone with you.

Microsoft Sync - Many reviewers are very critical about this. I think it is more about knowing to use it's features than anything else. Exterior and Interior styling is very classy

With the battery on the trunk, it takes away a lot of space. I find it a bit difficult to fit my golf bag. Leg space for the passengers in the back is too tight.

Happy purchaser
By obee

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We traded our A6 Audi for the MKZ hybrid and couldn't be happier. We took delivery in Arizona and after about 300 miles drove it to Minnesota. We find the seating more comfortable than the Audi but we did get the messaging seats because of my wife's back trouble.
We averaged 40.2 on the trip and now at 3000 miles it is at 41.
We have had two shorter trip gas fills with one at 48 and one at 44, but I have to say that we live in a rural area with a lot of 55 mph roads and we have paid close attention to acceleration and braking. I appreciate the lack of a shifter since they only connect to wires anyway.
The interior is very attractive and close to the Audi's quality.

I would say the styling and economy, including the sleek console and dash. It is also very quiet more than the Audi.

Maybe put grocery bag hooks in the trunk.

Great milage
By xeroblu

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ive had some premium cars in my life and I've never received so many complements on this ride by all age groups. In its reserve trim with the upgraded wheels and roof it looks slick. The car was a first year production run and if you recall Lincoln had production problems with the MKZ meeting quality standards holding up release several months. Its said Maulally then CEO of Ford was ready to scrap the brand because of it. I say this because the car has interior issues. Ive had several panels fall off, and squeaks and rattles have been a chore for me and my Lincoln dealership to iron out. That said, Ive driven the new ones and I'm confident all those issues have been resolved so buying a new Lincoln is a safe choice and a wise one if you like the look. In fact the new hybrids have been re worked and tuned to use more EV than my 2014 resulting in a quieter more buttoned up ride. Huge strides have been made in the material quality from my 2014 to the current 2016's in leather and interior panels. All that said I'm planning on leasing a new continental when this lease is up. Lincoln has won me over in their customer service. Beats BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus hands down. Lincoln picks up the car for service leaving me with a Lincoln loaner returning my car where ever I am. Essentially you never have to see the dealership for service and if you buy Black Label you just never need to go to the dealer even to purchase. No one else does this and it does make a difference.

Love My MKZ Hybrid
By chicagoeg

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Previous 3 new cars have been Acura TL's. Loved them but wanted better mileage and to get away from premium gas. I've owned the MKZ for 6 months and put 7,500 Chicago miles on it. Seems winter mileage (mixed city and hiway) 38 to 40. Now, April, running about 42 MPG, Very satisfied with that , but may get even better during summer. Love the lines and ride. Tech controls a bit too sensitive and complex. So far, VERY satisfied.

Mileage, body style, ride. Fun to drive.

Simplify tech controls