2014 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Lincoln MKZ - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

Excellent Car - with a few irritations
By tarheel6521

2014 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had the itch to trade and had researched the MKZ, E350 and BMW 5-Series in the previous weeks. My irritations are with build quality - which I blame on Ford shipping their luxury car brand assembly to Mexico. As this was the most expensive car I've ever bought or leased, I expect ZERO defects. My MB and 2012 Taurus were perfect during my entire ownership experience. I expect the same from what was America's luxury car leader for so many years. remains they are left to clean up the issues caused by mother Ford/Lincoln by farming assembly to Mexico to save costs, but still charge a big price for their vehicles.

Now, the good - acceleration is excellent with the Spanish built 2.0 Ecoboost engine. It doesn't scream when pushed. Handling is remarkable, breaking excellent, comfort phenomenal (not to the level of my 1979 MKV - but comfortable). The THX sound system is absolutely incredible. Set to surround mode, tunes from my iPod or CD is pristine even coming from the compressed audio formatting. The Sirius sound is okay - they could have done better with defining that quality. Gas mileage in city driving is 24 and highway (70-75 MPH) is 32 MPG. These numbers verified with manual calculations compared with the vehicle fuel economy computer (spot on, by the way).

Once the current discrepancies are corrected, I hope I will not encounter any others. IF there are future build quality issues, that will determine my future with Lincoln and if I decide to buy this car at the end of the lease or if I will buy another MKZ.

Love this car
By cb2015

2014 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've been driving a Lincoln MKZ 214, 6 cylinder, AWD since January and absolutely love it. I spent at least 8 months researching and test driving different cars. The Cadillac CTS had such a small interior and such a high price tag, as did the BMW 5, and the Audi 5. Plus their interiors were boring. I saw the MKZ in person and knew that was the car for me. I don't know why Edmunds gives it a C rating. I previously owned a MB C350 and an Infinity MX37 and they don't even come close to the MKZ as far as tech and overall comfort. I should've had the dealer include the module that allows me auto start the car with my iPhone....

Love the Technology and the interior comfort.

I want heads up display (which I think is coming in 2016).

2014 MKZ 2.0 with the Reserve Group
By benetodog

2014 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my first American car; I have had Jaguars, a VW, Mercedes and Audis. I test drove a Cadillac, an Acura, a Lexus, an Audi and an Infiniti before I ended up at my local Lincoln dealer. At first I really liked the size of the car and it drove as nice or better that the before mentioned. I thought the interior was really modern and the exterior was as handsome as anything else out there. I have only had the car for a month. I hated maintaining my last black car, so I wish I had waited for the color I wanted. I got a black one with the 19 painted grey wheels, it kind of looks like something Darth Vader might drive. I hate being in a dirty car, I have been dusting every day.

Auto closing trunk (stupid but cool). Heated steering wheel. So far I am extremely happy with Lincoln as a company, everyone has been TOP NOTCH, best experience with any car company I ever had (so far). Regular Gas :)

I miss having a shifter to hold on to, but I will probably get used to it. My hand has been resting on the center console, and inadvertently I keep hitting the sensor touch buttons accidently turning things off and on. I really wish the steering wheel tilted down a few more inches. It sits a little to far up for me. Get rid of the piping in the leather down the middle of the seat, I can feel it in my back when I have thin shirt on. I wish tire monitor would tell me which tire is low, my last car did that.

I feel the need to write a review
By danstr1

2014 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently purchased a new MKZ. I feel compelled to write a review after reading several negative reviews written by "professional" reviewers. Please sit down...I'm in my late 30's and traded in a relatively new Audi on the thing. Technology is truly important to some of us along with handling and a nice compliant ride. This has all the above. My Audis handled well but had none of these other qualities. Reliability is also key. I'm truly pleased with my purchase and feel that the styling is anything but cookie cutter and offers a great combination of features. Rebadged Ford.. so is Lexus....so is Acura....so is Audi.... so what!

SYNC which works far easier and better than many reviews state. The retractable roof also stands out. The AWD coupled with fuel efficiency and safety features many in this class don't offer.

THX audio system is nice but could be improved upon. An option for the 2.3 ecoboost should be available

Fabulous Vehice Inside Out - But something to be aware of
By jsanthanam

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought one with Panaromic roof. Yesterday, a good friend of mine saw this car for the first time and he was in awe with that car. With that note, he was about to get off from the front passenger seat. Since the car has a lower seating and the door was far from him to hold on to, he held on to the top frame of the car with his right hand fingers over the roof that I had just opened to display. With rain coming, I decided to close it with his fingers still on. The glass roof rolled over his fingers just as tight as one can imagine. His 3 fingers are now fractured. Owners of the car with this roof, please be aware that this could happen to you or someone with you.

Microsoft Sync - Many reviewers are very critical about this. I think it is more about knowing to use it's features than anything else. Exterior and Interior styling is very classy

With the battery on the trunk, it takes away a lot of space. I find it a bit difficult to fit my golf bag. Leg space for the passengers in the back is too tight.