2014 Lincoln MKZ - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:
Fabulous Vehice Inside Out - But something to be aware of
By jsanthanam on 08/24/14 10:26 AM (PDT)

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought one with Panaromic roof. Yesterday, a good friend of mine saw this car for the first time and he was in awe with that car. With that note, he was about to get off from the front passenger seat. Since the car has a lower seating and the door was far from him to hold on to, he held on to the top frame of the car with his right hand fingers over the roof that I had just opened to display. With rain coming, I decided to close it with his fingers still on. The glass roof rolled over his fingers just as tight as one can imagine. His 3 fingers are now fractured. Owners of the car with this roof, please be aware that this could happen to you or someone with you.

Happy purchaser
By obee on 07/07/14 18:10 PM (PDT)

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We traded our A6 Audi for the MKZ hybrid and couldn't be happier. We took delivery in Arizona and after about 300 miles drove it to Minnesota. We find the seating more comfortable than the Audi but we did get the messaging seats because of my wife's back trouble. We averaged 40.2 on the trip and now at 3000 miles it is at 41. We have had two shorter trip gas fills with one at 48 and one at 44, but I have to say that we live in a rural area with a lot of 55 mph roads and we have paid close attention to acceleration and braking. I appreciate the lack of a shifter since they only connect to wires anyway. The interior is very attractive and close to the Audi's quality.

A true boulevard cruiser
By xeroblu on 04/30/14 21:56 PM (PDT)

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love this car, but there are some things that could use improvement. First off this is a car you buy because you love the way it looks period. Its not fast and its not suppose to be, if your looking for performance try the non hybrid ecoboost or buy a German brand. I love the Germans, I've owned an Audi, two BMW's and a Mercedes and all were fantastic cars. This definitely is different, its uniquely American in that it has more road feel than your typical Japanese luxury car will have however not as much as the Germans. Id say its nicely in the middle. Personally the styling on the top tier trim level MKz beats the pants off any Lexus ES which is its main compeditor.

Smiles per Miles, and going strong
By alfista79 on 04/19/14 21:22 PM (PDT)

2014 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I actually have the V6 AWD, but I cannot select it in the options list. Love the exterior design, I am just smitten by its sinister beauty, especially in SmokedQuartz. The V6 is rev-happy, albeit not as torquey as GM's; the suspension is tight, and the electronic steering is not numb, nor too heavy. In AWD form with Pirelli's summer rubber, the car feels glued to the road on sharp, fast turns. Acceleration is brisk enough, but remember, this is NOT meant to be a Mustang for Lincoln; rather, a luxurious performance cruiser, and it fits the bill nicely. Interior is plush, supportive, and it gets plenty of praises, especially the novel arch! Touch-controls are not bad at all, as some mags say.

Love My MKZ Hybrid
By chicagoeg on 04/14/14 18:08 PM (PDT)

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Previous 3 new cars have been Acura TL's. Loved them but wanted better mileage and to get away from premium gas. I've owned the MKZ for 6 months and put 7,500 Chicago miles on it. Seems winter mileage (mixed city and hiway) 38 to 40. Now, April, running about 42 MPG, Very satisfied with that , but may get even better during summer. Love the lines and ride. Tech controls a bit too sensitive and complex. So far, VERY satisfied.

Vehicle mpg not true.
By edsmerc50 on 04/01/14 14:26 PM (PDT)

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Disappointed in the mpg. sheet states 45mpg. Dealership rechecked 04/01/2014 for mpg and no problems found to justify why I'm only getting 34.3mpg. I'm going back to Audi,VW,Honda or Toyota. I've own these vehicles before and they live up to their build sheet. American brand name vehicles are flawed and people selling them are either more enterested in selling the car than telling the truth or they don't know enough about the product their selling. Price too high for really what your getting.

Glad I got it
By driver130 on 03/29/14 05:21 AM (PDT)

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I almost brought a Cadillac until I saw that Lincoln Hybrid was the same price as the non Hyb. I have this car three months and it is comfortable, fun to drive looks good too. The electronics are not at all confusing as some pro reviewers have suggested, nor does it make noise when converting to gas from battery. Study the manual a bit and the electronics will become intuitive. The extra space provided by push button gears and no shift handle is awesome. I have compared this to friends' BMW and Benz and the Lincoln actually has some better features. The audio system being one. THX audio rocks. Crisp and clear sound.

yes yes yes
By djasie on 03/03/14 07:34 AM (PST)

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am absolutely pleased that I purchased this automobile. 5 years interest free is a nice incentive. It is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. I still learning all the bells and whistles.

4TH MKZ OWNED (Have 3.7 model)
By bhp2000 on 12/30/13 03:55 AM (PST)

2014 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Through 30 yrs had 5 BMWs, 2 Benz, 2 Jags & an Audi. ALL tire eaters. ALL ugly brake dust a wk after wash. All Premium gas. Most had me in the SERVICE depts on a reg. basis. BMW the worst. (Over-tech-ed) Got tired of it all in '07 & tried an MKZ. Cheaper to buy of course and luxury perks suffered but was pissed off. Then, things like REGULAR gas, no brake dust, tires getting 46k miles rather than 20k, free oil changes, rotations etc and NO PROBLEMS mechanically inspired the next one & so on. The car keeps improving & current one's the best so far. DON'T believe reviewers trashing after a day with the car. ASK OWNERS you see on the street then test drive. SUPPORT USA!

MKZ Hybrid
By warpaint1 on 12/19/13 13:02 PM (PST)

2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love the exterior styling on the MKZ and the lines of the vehicle are beautful. I love the look and feel of the handling. The fit and finish is amazing and the sound quility is the best. The ride is what I expected it to be excellent. Sure there are more expensive vehicles out there but I think Lincoln has come a long way with the design and build of the new MKZ.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Lincoln MKZ in VA is:

$155 per month*