love my mkz hybrid
By lovetennis2 on
2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I just got my new mkz 4 weeks ago and it is a joy to drive. It rides smoothly and so far I am averaging close to 40 mpg and that is only about 400 miles of driving. The THX stereo is very enjoyable and the music is crystal clear. The new technology is a valuable asset. Many times I was warned with my blind spot indicator in the side mirrors that another car was close to my side. One time the lane drift alert gave me a warning that perhaps I should stop and take a rest (wow). I thought the price is definitely worth the value of this car.
Favorite Features
My favorite feature is the THX stereo, although is isn't a 5.1 stereo, perhaps future models will add that. The navigation system was very helpful getting to Epcot from the Tampa area. The seats are very comfortable. The rear view camera gives a much wider view compared to my last car. The sensors provide lots of warning, even when I pull into the garage it beeps letting me know there is something close on the side, like the side wall, oh well that's technology. I bought this car from Autonation Lincoln in Clearwater, FL. from a salesman named Don Najad, who is the nicest salesman I have ever bought a car from. No pressure, just lots of good info to make a decision, thanks Don.
Suggested Improvements
I was very disappointed that there is no spare tire with the hybrid model, but perhaps I can just buy a donut tire/jack and put it in the trunk, even if it affects the gas mileage a little. I haven't been in the back seat yet but it looks awful skimpy in the leg room area. Acceleration is a trade off when you get the hybrid, but is sufficient for me as I don't have a heavy foot.
By waren
on 06/11/13 08:34 AM (PDT)

Lincoln marketing screwed up, I really like this car, would like to purchase one but it has one major flaw – no spare tire. The inflation kit is next to useless. It appears that the marketing ‘geniuses’ at Lincoln screwed up big time. Recently I took long trip along highways where there is not cell phone coverage for 70 – 100 miles. In some areas air temperature was over 100 degrees. Along the way, there were 2 – 3 cars that appeared to be changing wheels. It occurred to me that if this happens with the MKZ Hybrid without a spare, one may possibly be stuck in the heat for many hours. No phone coverage, how does one get help? Clearly, the dumb Lincoln marketing gurus in their air conditioned offices did not consider this issue. The lame excuse that the extra spare reduces gas mileage is typical Public Relations illogical none sense and spin. Assume that a spare wheel weighs 50 pounds, it is less than 1.5% of the total car weight or middle age child and much less than an extra adult. Therefore, if one is to accept Lincoln’s gibberish argument, the MKZ Hybrid should be occupied only by the driver. Bad driving habits will have greater impact on mileage than a spare. A more likely real reason for the lack of a spare is cost, but the Lincoln executives will never admit that. I will not buy a car without a spare. There are other hybrid options for cars in the same price range with spares.