Used 2013 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lincoln MKZ - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

Excellent value for a hybrid vehicle
By lincolnmkz2013

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased the hybrid in June 2013. What can I say - this is a very fine car! I looked at all hybrids in its class and Lincoln had the quietest ride among all. Lincoln invested in what's not available in other 40K range cars: improved sound insulation and, consequently, reduced wind noise. Looking at its' expensive looking elegant exterior, it's hard to guess that it's most practical and versatile hybrid in a class, due to its folded seats capacity. I have no problems picking up relatives from the airport or even loading small furniture/bycicles in the car! I love the audio sound quality, the trip report and mpg screen, Lincoln Mobile apps and push-buttons star.

Large cargo capacity, versatility and utility, striking exterior, glass roof feature, sound quality (I have regular system), quiet ride on highways, clear easy to read displays, good picture quality of the rear view camera, mpg performance up to 100 in the city on EV, 47-49 on highways, precise adaptive Eco cruise control and parking feature, Lincoln Mobile app, easiness of voice commands for Sirius and Navigation.

Use more expensive materials for interior for future MKZs, more leather and less plastic; miss my power adjusted mirrors from my previous car (Audis allow to fold the mirrors by pushing a button inside the car, MKZ only with hand), improve the turn automatic switch sensitivity (sometimes I need to turn it off manually after making slight turns, while in Audis it was automatic).

Buyers Remorse
By pacman2044

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So I needed a new business car before my trip to Asia and I didn't do a lot of research or comparison shopping. I had heard that Ford had improved their vehicles and so i bit the MKZ because I loved the way it looked. What a mistake. I purchased the FWD with the 2.0 engine and 19'' wheels. The front wheel drive is not smooth and luxurious. You can feel every bump in the road. When you press hard on the gas you hear the engine make high pitched sounds. Already had the "check adaptive headlights" and less than 3k miles. The turn single control is flimsy and already broke. Now granted the loaner MKZ they gave me was loaded with AWD and the 2.0 engine.. much better ride then the FWD

LED Instrument cluster is nice.

Make the AWD standard as the front wheel drive makes the car ride horrible on this vehicle. Improve the interior material quality. Make the steering wheel and controls less flimsy and cheap.

2013 Lincoln MKZ 2.0 Ecoboost
By jeberg1

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Recently purchased this vehicle and just completed a 1250 mile trip from Austin, TX. to Madison, WI. Totally ecstatic over the purchase. Could not be happier with the 2.0 Ecoboost. Perfect balance of power and fuel economy. Avg. 32.8 for the trip. Very nice ride and handling. Lincoln has a winner. Usually don't post reviews, however, felt compelled with this vehicle.

Looks, smoothness/quietness of ride, and MPG.

Can't think of any.

MKZ Software Update Completed
By zbrid2013

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my new 13 Z four months ago and it's great to drive, comfortable and quiet. I have the hybrid and it offers a smoother ride than the EcoBoost version. My MPG was under 37 MPG and I just had the update done at AutoNation in Clearwater on Friday and I'm now averaging 42 MPG:-) In addition, they fixed a recall item on the fuel pump (something like that) and I've got to admit that the car rides different (better all the way around) and it's pretty cool to be pushing 80 MPH and be on electric:-) Maybe it took Lincoln a bit more time to get it right, but they did.

Interior ambient lighting, cockpit design, leather seats that hug you and super quiet ride (on PURE electric) when pushing 80 MPH.

Don't release a car until you get it right. This car has everything going for it and Lincoln should have put off the launch date an extra six months to get it right.

Impressive Statement from Lincoln
By johnnytshea3

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is just a joy to drive. I get compliments almost daily on the styling, it's definitely a head-turner. As far as the driving experience, one word of advice; save some $ and go for the 2-liter Ecoboost. My previous '11 MKZ had the 3.7 and I see little difference performance-wise, yet I'm getting 8-10 mpg better mileage. The MyLincolnTouch system is not perfect, but it's not nearly as frustrating as it's made out to be. Fit and finish is good, although one negative is that the steering wheel placement obstructs the gear indicator on the instrument panel. This is a problem if you want to drop it into sport mode. Overall though, I am very satisfied, this car gets an awful lot right.

Adaptive LED headlamps, Ecoboost engine, ravishing styling, heated/cooled seats, keyless ignition, voice activated commands..the list goes on

Cabin materials not quite worthy of it's $43k price tag, obstructed gauges on instrument panel, center console storage compartment is awkward to access, Slider controls for the stereo volume and climate look slick, but are too finicky.