2013 MKZ Hybrid after 1,400 miles
By daveswin on
2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
As with most of the other reviewers, there are many things to love about this car. I'm like a kid in a candy shop (more like a techie in a computer shop)! The style is gorgeous, the electronics incredible. There are so many well-thought-out accessories that you will find after you start using them (many will only be discovered as you get to know the car). But don't expect 45/45/45 for mileage. By the car's gauge, I have only gotten 35 - 37 MPG, and that is on both city and a trip (mostly flat; not speeding).
Suggested Improvements
Not without some complaints, though. My voice-activated Sync will not work with the A/C on high, and talking on the phone with it running results in garbled voice on the other end. Reported - but no 'fix' yet. The motor (or the A/C compressor) is much louder than I expected in a $40k+ Lincoln - it takes some getting used to. Also reported - no fix anticipated.
By 3hybrids
on 07/16/13 07:37 AM (PDT)

This is my third Hybrid. The first was a 2007 Camry and it was great. Averaged 41.5 MPG over the length of my ownership and it never lacked for power and acceleration. Never had any problems with it. None! Really wanted an 'American' hybrid but none existed at the time. In 2010 I saw that Lincoln had a MKZ Hybrid, so I bought a 2011 model. It was a good car that cost quite a bit more than the Camry and it did have a couple of minor problems. Averaged 42.7 MPG with it. Then when I saw the 2013 MKZ, I decided to give it a try because I really enjoyed the test drive and expected that it would be an improvement over the 2011. Loved the interior and the ride but overall I am kind of disappointed. As Daveswin noted, the mileage is disappointing. While I'm squeezing 40 MPG and I do have a lot of experience with hybrids, I suspect that's all I'm going to get. I had actually hoped to get more that 45 MPG based on my previous experiences, but it looks doubtful and the vehicle feels quite underpowered. Couple that with something really noisy under the hood at times (don't know what it is) and the fact that it spent six weeks in the shop for a problem recognizing the key when it sits in the sun and I fear I made a bad choice. Who knows, when this lease is up, I might have to go back to a Camry although I really wanted to buy American. That said, I do want to say that my experience with the dealership has been great. I'm afraid Detroit (Dearborn) has missed the mark in design and manufacturing.