Used 2013 Lincoln MKZ Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lincoln MKZ Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

American is still made terribly even $42K
By mrdrdmkz

2013 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a 2013 MKZ 2.0 4cyl w/ecoboost as soon as theycameout brand new. I was always scared to buy American because of the cheap builds but i figured after several foreign cars and no issues i would give the new sleek body of the mkz a shot. My car to date has been to the dealership 12 times since buying!Fromonetouchbuttons,looseboltinrockrpanel to leaking and eventual rear strut replacement to an engine that sounds like a V12powerstroke to the emblem on my floor mat just coming off,my seat back broke 2 times (clips inside)and now it squeeks nonstop,oh and the fuel MPG is a joke!! I have the smallest engine of the fleet and i do city driving and i avg 15.2MPG!!HWY 21/22.Beyond a headache!

The look of the car is eye catching!

I do not floor the gas from redlight to redlight but even if i did i should never see a 4cyl w or wout ecoboost getting 14.15.16 MPG that is a joke! 22/33 is the sticker and that is never correct but to be off by this much is a shame! several noises randomly come and go.Often times i start the car and it will idle very low as if it is going to stall but never has then when i take it out of park it stops.My slider for my moonroof rattles (i never have even used it).the fuel gauge after getting gas often times takes several minutes to register.they need to reevaluate the fuel system it is a serious issue and costly! the cabin parts are cheap and get lose within 20K miles!

Stay Away from This Car
By rudyway

2013 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I own a 2013 MKZ fully loaded with all options. This car has problems left and right. The build quality is very very cheap. I honestly now understand why I should never buy an american car. The key is broken and the dealer is saying it is not covered under warranty. the plastic cover on top of the windshield is broken and not covered under warranty. How is this not covered under warranty? and they are telling me it is $450 to have that replaced.

Really nothing. I hate this car so much and I feel like I got ripped off big time. Biggest mistake of my life. Take my advise and stay away. I can send you pictures if anybody is interested. This car is a complete failure in every way

Better quality parts and better engineering. No quality control. Terrible terrible.

2013 MKz
By ssgmike

2013 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I had 2 cars sitting in the driveway with one being a 2012 Ford Fusion with a lease expiring in March and also a 2011 Infiniti G37x which expires 9/2014. Last week we were out driving and passed by a Lincoln dealer, stopped in saw the one in the showroom, handed them the keys to our Fusion and drove out 2 hours later in our brand new 2013 MKz. Love the car, the style and quality seemed built into. The ride, the power for a 2.4 is outstanding. I have 2 Veteran friends who also have the MKz and love it. Have been riving Infiniti's since 2003 and was seriously considering going for the new Q50, well seems I will be turning in our G early summer and staying with the Lincoln.

style, comfort and acceleration

only have it a week so nothing at this time

Buyers Remorse
By pacman2044

2013 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So I needed a new business car before my trip to Asia and I didn't do a lot of research or comparison shopping. I had heard that Ford had improved their vehicles and so i bit the MKZ because I loved the way it looked. What a mistake. I purchased the FWD with the 2.0 engine and 19'' wheels. The front wheel drive is not smooth and luxurious. You can feel every bump in the road. When you press hard on the gas you hear the engine make high pitched sounds. Already had the "check adaptive headlights" and less than 3k miles. The turn single control is flimsy and already broke. Now granted the loaner MKZ they gave me was loaded with AWD and the 2.0 engine.. much better ride then the FWD

LED Instrument cluster is nice.

Make the AWD standard as the front wheel drive makes the car ride horrible on this vehicle. Improve the interior material quality. Make the steering wheel and controls less flimsy and cheap.

2013 Lincoln MKZ 2.0 Ecoboost
By jeberg1

2013 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Recently purchased this vehicle and just completed a 1250 mile trip from Austin, TX. to Madison, WI. Totally ecstatic over the purchase. Could not be happier with the 2.0 Ecoboost. Perfect balance of power and fuel economy. Avg. 32.8 for the trip. Very nice ride and handling. Lincoln has a winner. Usually don't post reviews, however, felt compelled with this vehicle.

Looks, smoothness/quietness of ride, and MPG.

Can't think of any.