Used 2013 Lincoln MKZ Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lincoln Mkz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

Stay Away from This Car
By rudyway

2013 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I own a 2013 MKZ fully loaded with all options. This car has problems left and right. The build quality is very very cheap. I honestly now understand why I should never buy an american car. The key is broken and the dealer is saying it is not covered under warranty. the plastic cover on top of the windshield is broken and not covered under warranty. How is this not covered under warranty? and they are telling me it is $450 to have that replaced.

Favorite Features

Really nothing. I hate this car so much and I feel like I got ripped off big time. Biggest mistake of my life. Take my advise and stay away. I can send you pictures if anybody is interested. This car is a complete failure in every way

Suggested Improvements

Better quality parts and better engineering. No quality control. Terrible terrible.

2013 MKz
By ssgmike

2013 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I had 2 cars sitting in the driveway with one being a 2012 Ford Fusion with a lease expiring in March and also a 2011 Infiniti G37x which expires 9/2014. Last week we were out driving and passed by a Lincoln dealer, stopped in saw the one in the showroom, handed them the keys to our Fusion and drove out 2 hours later in our brand new 2013 MKz. Love the car, the style and quality seemed built into. The ride, the power for a 2.4 is outstanding. I have 2 Veteran friends who also have the MKz and love it. Have been riving Infiniti's since 2003 and was seriously considering going for the new Q50, well seems I will be turning in our G early summer and staying with the Lincoln.

Favorite Features

style, comfort and acceleration

Suggested Improvements

only have it a week so nothing at this time

Buyers Remorse
By pacman2044

2013 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So I needed a new business car before my trip to Asia and I didn't do a lot of research or comparison shopping. I had heard that Ford had improved their vehicles and so i bit the MKZ because I loved the way it looked. What a mistake. I purchased the FWD with the 2.0 engine and 19'' wheels. The front wheel drive is not smooth and luxurious. You can feel every bump in the road. When you press hard on the gas you hear the engine make high pitched sounds. Already had the "check adaptive headlights" and less than 3k miles. The turn single control is flimsy and already broke. Now granted the loaner MKZ they gave me was loaded with AWD and the 2.0 engine.. much better ride then the FWD

Favorite Features

LED Instrument cluster is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Make the AWD standard as the front wheel drive makes the car ride horrible on this vehicle. Improve the interior material quality. Make the steering wheel and controls less flimsy and cheap.

2013 Lincoln MKZ 2.0 Ecoboost
By jeberg1

2013 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Recently purchased this vehicle and just completed a 1250 mile trip from Austin, TX. to Madison, WI. Totally ecstatic over the purchase. Could not be happier with the 2.0 Ecoboost. Perfect balance of power and fuel economy. Avg. 32.8 for the trip. Very nice ride and handling. Lincoln has a winner. Usually don't post reviews, however, felt compelled with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Looks, smoothness/quietness of ride, and MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.

Impressive Statement from Lincoln
By johnnytshea3

2013 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is just a joy to drive. I get compliments almost daily on the styling, it's definitely a head-turner. As far as the driving experience, one word of advice; save some $ and go for the 2-liter Ecoboost. My previous '11 MKZ had the 3.7 and I see little difference performance-wise, yet I'm getting 8-10 mpg better mileage. The MyLincolnTouch system is not perfect, but it's not nearly as frustrating as it's made out to be. Fit and finish is good, although one negative is that the steering wheel placement obstructs the gear indicator on the instrument panel. This is a problem if you want to drop it into sport mode. Overall though, I am very satisfied, this car gets an awful lot right.

Favorite Features

Adaptive LED headlamps, Ecoboost engine, ravishing styling, heated/cooled seats, keyless ignition, voice activated commands..the list goes on

Suggested Improvements

Cabin materials not quite worthy of it's $43k price tag, obstructed gauges on instrument panel, center console storage compartment is awkward to access, Slider controls for the stereo volume and climate look slick, but are too finicky.