Used 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Hybrid 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (17 reviews )

Great Balance of Style, Substance, and Eco-Consciousness
By ajayla

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car certified when it came off lease. There was simply no other models offering the combination this one did. I considered Fusion hybrids, which are obviously similar, but found no price difference. The "lifetime" fuel use over 20,000 miles is just under 39 mpg. Considering the level of luxury, this is pretty great. Coupled with a solid ride, responsive handling, and all the systems it provides, the Lincoln makes a compelling case. The changes between hybrid and engine modes are very subtle. The start-stop system on even BMWs is rough in comparison. Power is not a high point, but it's there when needed.

The high points for this car are, obviously, its design; its excellent and quiet ride; its sparing use of fuel; and its staggering technology. Some criticism of the Touch system is valid and there is a learning curve. But I can't think of a better way to provide such far-reaching capability. My only concern is that all this complexity may lead to problems. I take some comfort in having two years left of the whole-car warranty and another two years with a certified used car.

Visibility is limited, especially toward the rear, and the visor is close due to the rake of the windshield. The rear camera and rear parking assist help a lot. The other complaint is that the engine drones when in use with windows or sunroof open, and there is a small sense of vibration. Noise is far less noticeable when both are closed, and is to some extent a by-product of the car being otherwise almost silent.

2013 Lincoln Hybrid (Lemon)
By zbrid2013

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this car in 2013 and it received only 36 MPG and I was sold on 45 MPG combined. Instead of Ford offering me a new car that actually worked, I had to file a complaint under the Lemon Law. The case has been settled and they have purchased back the car.

Exterior design is great, comfort is great.

Released the 2013 Hybrid TWO years too early. What needs to happen is that car manufacturers should NOT be allowed to submit their own EPA testing as they can fudge the test and lie to consumers. If you advertise a car will get 45 MPG combined, then it should get 45 MPG combined (not 35 MPG or 36 MPG). Everyone who received a $1050.00 gas card as Ford's apology should give them their car back under the Lemon Law. If they can't get your car to get 45 MPG combined (as advertised when you purchased it) then they should take back their product.

Wonderful car with great MPG
By jimma

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2013 MKZh , Driving this for a year and half. Was very concerned about buying a Lincoln as I always drove Honda Accords coups (EXL) for last 20 years. I am completely satisfied with this car. I get 39 - 41 mpg , my 4cyl. stick Accord was getting 30. The car handles better than I thought and has enough power for any road situations , I drive turnpikes and large highways and have no trouble entering on ramps and passing large trucks. At 22,000 miles I still get a kick getting into the car.

Seat comfort with soft leather,blind spot mirror , rear view camera , car side approaching warning , exterior design , audio sound system , interior color lighting choices , alloy wheel design , rear seat fold down.

On my model daylight driving lights. Better trunk opening design because when snow is on the trunk and you open it the snow can come into the trunk.

4 months with the car and it exceeds expectations
By dano_pa

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the car with the panoramic sunroof in late July. On the road I get about 38-40 mpg depending on how fast I am going. Around town, I have gotten 47 mpg on certain trips, it all depends on my speed and the amount of hills. I love almost everything about the car, it does get a lot of comments and lookers. It is my first new American car ever and I am 55. I have owned a BMW, Saab, 2 Volvo's, a Cadillac, two Nissan's a Toyota, a 2 VW's and a Renault.

It is quiet, comfortable, is a great car for a trip, I love the heated seats, remote start, the panoramic sunroof (very Jetson's) and everything works fine. Every time I fill it up, it seems to be less than $30, and I love that it takes regular gas. The seats are comfortable and offer excellent support. I drove to Morgantown to buy it and got a really fair deal. (I live in Southwestern PA)

My only observation after 4 months and 9,300 miles is that when it is raining and you open the trunk water follows the trunk line into the hinges and into the trunk if there is water on the car. It wasn't all that easy to get dealers in PA to call me back, the 20-somethings that sell Lincoln's in PA seem to be unresponsive, and I drove it home from Morgantown the day I test drove it.

Loving my MKZ
By petemkz

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had this car for about a month now and I'm loving it more each day I drive it. First of all it is BEAUTIFUL inside and out, it drives like a dream and I love the "VALUE" I got from this car. I looked at the BMW 528 and MB E300H and they start at 50k+ and don't have some of the great stuff I has. I got 46mpg from two fill-ups, but I drive mostly on electric and in traffic and take my time! if you drive slowly and give yourself lots of stop distance you can get 45+mpg. Love the LED lights inside and out and the AC front "seats" and the adaptive cruise / LED headhlights / ride controls. The voice control system is awesome,it can control almost anything (calls, Nav, Temp and Radio / Sat).

Front AC seats, THX Radio, adaptive cruise, LED headlights and ride controls. 45 MPG+ And everything else.

None.