2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Hybrid 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (14 reviews )
4 months with the car and it exceeds expectations
By dano_pa on 12/04/13 05:22 AM (PST)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the car with the panoramic sunroof in late July. On the road I get about 38-40 mpg depending on how fast I am going. Around town, I have gotten 47 mpg on certain trips, it all depends on my speed and the amount of hills. I love almost everything about the car, it does get a lot of comments and lookers. It is my first new American car ever and I am 55. I have owned a BMW, Saab, 2 Volvo's, a Cadillac, two Nissan's a Toyota, a 2 VW's and a Renault.

Loving my MKZ
By petemkz on 11/28/13 22:43 PM (PST)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had this car for about a month now and I'm loving it more each day I drive it. First of all it is BEAUTIFUL inside and out, it drives like a dream and I love the "VALUE" I got from this car. I looked at the BMW 528 and MB E300H and they start at 50k+ and don't have some of the great stuff I has. I got 46mpg from two fill-ups, but I drive mostly on electric and in traffic and take my time! if you drive slowly and give yourself lots of stop distance you can get 45+mpg. Love the LED lights inside and out and the AC front "seats" and the adaptive cruise / LED headhlights / ride controls. The voice control system is awesome,it can control almost anything (calls, Nav, Temp and Radio / Sat).

Very Good, but not Great
By muncie_in on 10/12/13 10:24 AM (PDT)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this car 4 weeks ago. On a 4-hour highway trip averaged 38 mpg. Same in town. Car is very comfortable to sit in for long distances. Interior is classy and exterior paint looks great. Complaints include fuel efficiency leaves display difficult to determine how efficient you are at that moment. Windows look great, but difficult to see oncoming traffic when backing up on a slight curve. Most disappointment was/is with Lincoln itself. They offered a $1000.00 rebate if your car was from a competing manufacturer, but not if you were a loyal Ford owner! I've never been penalized for loyalty.

Horrible Quality
By sobe531 on 09/23/13 16:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

45 mpg is an Absolute Lie! Closer to 36 mpg, and I live in super flat Florida. While the car is beautifully designed it is made from very cheap quality parts and is constantly breaking. Only 6 months old and been in the shop 4 times to repair/replace broken pieces and currently waiting for the entirely new interior roof trim to come in for a fifth visit. That will also need to have several other areas replaced/repaired for a second time. I am tired of the constant apologies from Lincoln about how awful the car is, I just want them to take it back. The interior is a piece of junk. Rattles, squeaks, pops, crackling noises all over the interior.

Excellent value for a hybrid vehicle
By lincolnmkz2013 on 09/20/13 07:49 AM (PDT)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased the hybrid in June 2013. What can I say - this is a very fine car! I looked at all hybrids in its class and Lincoln had the quietest ride among all. Lincoln invested in what's not available in other 40K range cars: improved sound insulation and, consequently, reduced wind noise. Looking at its' expensive looking elegant exterior, it's hard to guess that it's most practical and versatile hybrid in a class, due to its folded seats capacity. I have no problems picking up relatives from the airport or even loading small furniture/bycicles in the car! I love the audio sound quality, the trip report and mpg screen, Lincoln Mobile apps and push-buttons star.

MKZ Software Update Completed
By zbrid2013 on 08/03/13 11:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my new 13 Z four months ago and it's great to drive, comfortable and quiet. I have the hybrid and it offers a smoother ride than the EcoBoost version. My MPG was under 37 MPG and I just had the update done at AutoNation in Clearwater on Friday and I'm now averaging 42 MPG:-) In addition, they fixed a recall item on the fuel pump (something like that) and I've got to admit that the car rides different (better all the way around) and it's pretty cool to be pushing 80 MPH and be on electric:-) Maybe it took Lincoln a bit more time to get it right, but they did.

Love this car!
By kengreenberg on 07/02/13 18:26 PM (PDT)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded my 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid for the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. The Fusion was great, and we really liked that car. I absolutely love this Lincoln. It has everything in it except for the seat massagers, which won't be out for a few more months. The car is beautiful, comfortable and nicely made. The panoramic roof is really cool, and the electric shade is a neat touch. I got every major option, but you haven't experienced anything until you let the car parallel park itself. This is an option you might find on more expensive luxury cars. Watching the steering wheel turn itself as you gently work the brake and ease back - and forward - is amazing.

MKZ Hybrid 2013, review, Edmunds is off the mark
By dreamless on 06/16/13 12:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When reading reviews, make sure the person has actually driven the car, and the competition. I test drove this car as well as the Lexus ES 300h, Mercedes C class 300 4 matic, Mercedes E class 350, Audi a6, and the BMW 3 series. Most of the professional reviews seem to be written by [non-permissible content removed]. After test driving them all by far the best overall was the Lincoln MKZ (hybrid). It was as comfortable as the Lexus ES350, It has more tech then any in its class or above it (deserves a 5 in that category), The Merc C class looks like a childs toy and feels like one comparitively. And it has the highest gov safety rating, stops sooner then EVERY CAR in its class, also should be 5.

2013 MKZ Hybrid after 1,400 miles
By daveswin on 06/05/13 10:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

As with most of the other reviewers, there are many things to love about this car. I'm like a kid in a candy shop (more like a techie in a computer shop)! The style is gorgeous, the electronics incredible. There are so many well-thought-out accessories that you will find after you start using them (many will only be discovered as you get to know the car). But don't expect 45/45/45 for mileage. By the car's gauge, I have only gotten 35 - 37 MPG, and that is on both city and a trip (mostly flat; not speeding).

love my mkz hybrid
By lovetennis2 on 05/08/13 17:58 PM (PDT)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just got my new mkz 4 weeks ago and it is a joy to drive. It rides smoothly and so far I am averaging close to 40 mpg and that is only about 400 miles of driving. The THX stereo is very enjoyable and the music is crystal clear. The new technology is a valuable asset. Many times I was warned with my blind spot indicator in the side mirrors that another car was close to my side. One time the lane drift alert gave me a warning that perhaps I should stop and take a rest (wow). I thought the price is definitely worth the value of this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid in VA is:

$146 per month*