Used 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Hybrid 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (19 reviews )

Good, Bad, And Ugly
By Phil

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The saving grace of my car was i got it "" second handed from the dealer with 495 miles on it thus extending my warranty to 100K miles.
Lets start with the good: Everyone that got in the car would go gaga over the interior, the lighting, and other various features. My car has every option. It parks itself but only on the right side, has a ridiculous backup camera, and a panoramic roof that is to die for. I'm not dying but it's very nice. The gas mileage is great and i average over 40MPG during the spring and fall and 38ish in the summer and winter when running A/C or heat. The comfort level is unmatched.
The bad: Never buy new or else the depreciation will make you cry unless it's an SUV or a Lexus. 3 years ago i paid 38 before taxes and such and now dealers will barely give me 20,000. Interior moldings came detached on a couple of occasions and my bumper to bumper warranty came in handy every time. My regular battery died within weeks of buying the car and was replaced, there is an under car cover that ripped on two separate occasions and dragged on the road. I had it removed. I'm on my third set of tires but i can't figure whose fault it is. The hybrid is very light so tire spin happens with ease as the weight over the wheels is drastically reduced. My navigation system reboots randomly and sometimes it takes ten minutes of driving before my route will set.
The Ugly: Recalls, I've had at least four. If I wasn't under the used car extended warranty my cost of ownership would be way higher than how low it is now.

MKZ hybrid caveat emptor
By Keith Paul

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

EPA MPG on sticker when new, was incorrect. Lincoln finally admitted to this error under government order and I got a free pair of sunglasses. I have never gotten more than 35.5 overall average mpg. Sticker originally said 48 mpg. I have had five recalls in two years. Now with less than 30,000 miles I have recently experienced, on two occasions, on 2 occasions, an involuntary transmission shift from drive to reverse when stopped. I have researched this to see if anybody else has had a problem or has noticed this but I have been unable to find this same issue. Scary! Thankfully, I have another vehicle, have stopped driving the Lincoln and will be taking the Lincoln back to the dealer this week.
The drivers side has a terrible blind spot due to structural post size and placement.. On screen LCD touch controls for just about everything from entertainment to climate, can be just a little bit distracting unless you learn the very specific commands for voice control which doesn't always respond to your request. On the positive side, the car is quite roomy for all, front and back. Including this 6 foot owner/primary driver. It looks great and the white pearl paint is very catchy.

Great Balance of Style, Substance, and Eco-Consciousness
By ajayla

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car certified when it came off lease. There was simply no other models offering the combination this one did. I considered Fusion hybrids, which are obviously similar, but found no price difference.

The "lifetime" fuel use over 20,000 miles is just under 39 mpg. Considering the level of luxury, this is pretty great. Coupled with a solid ride, responsive handling, and all the systems it provides, the Lincoln makes a compelling case.

The changes between hybrid and engine modes are very subtle. The start-stop system on even BMWs is rough in comparison. Power is not a high point, but it's there when needed.

The high points for this car are, obviously, its design; its excellent and quiet ride; its sparing use of fuel; and its staggering technology. Some criticism of the Touch system is valid and there is a learning curve. But I can't think of a better way to provide such far-reaching capability. My only concern is that all this complexity may lead to problems. I take some comfort in having two years left of the whole-car warranty and another two years with a certified used car.

Visibility is limited, especially toward the rear, and the visor is close due to the rake of the windshield. The rear camera and rear parking assist help a lot. The other complaint is that the engine drones when in use with windows or sunroof open, and there is a small sense of vibration. Noise is far less noticeable when both are closed, and is to some extent a by-product of the car being otherwise almost silent.

2013 Lincoln Hybrid (Lemon)
By zbrid2013

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this car in 2013 and it received only 36 MPG and I was sold on 45 MPG combined. Instead of Ford offering me a new car that actually worked, I had to file a complaint under the Lemon Law. The case has been settled and they have purchased back the car.

Exterior design is great, comfort is great.

Released the 2013 Hybrid TWO years too early. What needs to happen is that car manufacturers should NOT be allowed to submit their own EPA testing as they can fudge the test and lie to consumers. If you advertise a car will get 45 MPG combined, then it should get 45 MPG combined (not 35 MPG or 36 MPG). Everyone who received a $1050.00 gas card as Ford's apology should give them their car back under the Lemon Law. If they can't get your car to get 45 MPG combined (as advertised when you purchased it) then they should take back their product.

Wonderful car with great MPG
By jimma

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2013 MKZh , Driving this for a year and half. Was very concerned about buying a Lincoln as I always drove Honda Accords coups (EXL) for last 20 years. I am completely satisfied with this car. I get 39 - 41 mpg , my 4cyl. stick Accord was getting 30. The car handles better than I thought and has enough power for any road situations , I drive turnpikes and large highways and have no trouble entering on ramps and passing large trucks. At 22,000 miles I still get a kick getting into the car.

Seat comfort with soft leather,blind spot mirror , rear view camera , car side approaching warning , exterior design , audio sound system , interior color lighting choices , alloy wheel design , rear seat fold down.

On my model daylight driving lights. Better trunk opening design because when snow is on the trunk and you open it the snow can come into the trunk.