2012 Lincoln MKZ Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:
A lot to pay for a nameplate
By mcnerdy on 05/12/13 15:05 PM (PDT)

2012 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford needs to get serious about the luxury car game. I had a 2011 Ford Fusion Sport AWD that cost $32k. It was essentially the same car as my $39K, 2012 Lincoln MKZ and it had more features. The only features I gained were; a little quieter ride, a softer suspension, and heated outside mirrors. The features I lost were; Blind Spot Information System, Rear view camera, effects lighting, and alloy wheels. You would think that $7000 would buy you more than a Lincoln emblem!

Reliable ride
By mkzrrr on 12/18/11 20:28 PM (PST)

2012 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Turned in a leased 2008 base car for a loaded 2012. Wanted a Hybrid but would have to pay almost $100.00/ month more for a base car than a loaded regular gas engine. FMC does not want to sell Hybrids. The 2008 handled much better than the 2012 . Improvements are a quieter ride and much nicer interior. Do not pay extra for the THX sound system. The base stereo in some ways was better in the 2008 model. Millage has averaged around 22 mpg in mixed use, 24 hwy. The 2008 had almost 50,000 trouble free miles and I expect the 2012 to be the same. Expect around $7000.00 discount on a loaded car, little or none on Hybrid.

2011 Lincoln MKZ
By jbradsh1 on 06/28/11 18:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove the Ford Fusion and the Mercury Milan and then drove the MKZ. What a difference! The Lincoln has a larger 3.5 L V-6 so it has more power. It is VERY QUIET unlike the Ford and Mercury. It's steering is perfectly smooth and doesn't want to jump back to straight and level after a turn. All the controls are Lincoln smooth so it's a real pleasure to drive this car. I drove the hybrid MKZ but it's ride was much firmer, too firm actually, it was a deal breaker for me. My MKZ was the base model which is so well equipped I didn't need any other options at all. The Lincoln dealer gave me $4K off the sticker price so at $31.5K it's a real bargain in my opinion. I love it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Lincoln MKZ Sedan in VA is:

$136 per month*