2012 Lincoln MKZ - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:
Still love it after 1 year
By lfwintx on 04/04/13 20:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm coming up on the one-year anniversary with my crystal champagne 2012 MKZ Hybrid, and I still love the car. With over 8000 miles, the gas mileage continues to improve. Some days I get up to 41 mpg on my 12-mile commute to work on back country roads, where traffic patterns often interfere with smooth driving. The lifetime average of the car is 36 mpg but improving.

New to Hybrid Cars
By dieselfest on 09/03/12 18:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just passed 600 miles on new Ultimate Pkg MKZ Hybrid. On short trips about 2 miles I get about 26 mpg. Commute to work 22 miles one way 30City/70Hyw, I get 42 mpg consistently. Strange results considering city should be 41 mpg and thats what the short trips are. If I drive normally meaning faster off the line at stop lights and break later and harder, I can only get about 33 mpg average. This isn't too bad and I can live with those numbers. The car really teaches me how to drive more efficiently. I do go past 65 mph but under 75 on the highway regularly and still get 42 mpg. I find that hard acceleration and hard breaking is my biggest problem.

Smooth Ride
By on 06/23/12 17:03 PM (PDT)

2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hybrid is the way to go on this model. The ride is very smooth and quiet. Overall, the vehicle is quite refined. I have about 7000 miles on this car and I am averaging 40.5 mpg. I would probable due better, but 95% of my driving is highway. The car has plenty of power for passing, or merging, and handles like a dream. I have owned several Mercedes prior to this Lincoln and they did not drive nearly as nice as this. I would give Mercedes a thumbs up on seat comfort, but that is it. That is not to say the seats on the MKZ are not comfortable, they are, but Mercedes has slightly better side support. Overall, the MKZ is a joy to drive and very reliable!

put your doubts behind, get the hybrid
By bbq_pitmaster on 11/10/11 20:36 PM (PST)

2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If there's no difference in price why would you want the gas-eating V6? Our average fuel economy is 37.8 MPG and could be better, depending on how much you're pushed in traffic. You do not have to trade off on power, it just comes from another source. It's quiet and responsive; regenerative breaks are great, nice wood trim, more if you get the exec pkg (plus suede inserts); heated and cooled seats; blind spot system is also very helpful. Headroom is not as spacious because of the moonroof. Center console hits the arm just right, the ones on the door are too low, so you rest your arm on the window sill. Decent turning radius, adjustable LED dash display. THX sound is very nice.

Awsome Vehicle MKZ Hybrid 2011
By kensnek on 06/08/11 15:44 PM (PDT)

2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have had this car since March of 2011 and love everything about it. Have averaged 39.1 long term combination city/hwy. This car has exceeded our expectations for mileage,comfort,handling and looks. We never expected to own a Lincoln let alone a hybrid. This car is a well kept secret!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Lincoln MKZ in VA is:

$133 per month*