Used 2012 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Lincoln Mkz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

A lot to pay for a nameplate
By mcnerdy

2012 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford needs to get serious about the luxury car game. I had a 2011 Ford Fusion Sport AWD that cost $32k. It was essentially the same car as my $39K, 2012 Lincoln MKZ and it had more features. The only features I gained were; a little quieter ride, a softer suspension, and heated outside mirrors. The features I lost were; Blind Spot Information System, Rear view camera, effects lighting, and alloy wheels. You would think that $7000 would buy you more than a Lincoln emblem!

Favorite Features

Fair acceleration. All wheel drive. Smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

We deserve more features for the money! Get rid of Ford SYNC. I've come to know it as Ford Stink! It didn't work in the Fusion and it doesn't work in the MKZ. It would be nice to get a little head-room too. The interior feels like it was made for Toyota sized drivers. Although the car is quieter than the Fusion, there is a lot of cheesy sounding engine noise. Did I mention that I think the MKZ is a lousy value? I would not buy a Lincoln again.

Still love it after 1 year
By lfwintx

2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm coming up on the one-year anniversary with my crystal champagne 2012 MKZ Hybrid, and I still love the car. With over 8000 miles, the gas mileage continues to improve. Some days I get up to 41 mpg on my 12-mile commute to work on back country roads, where traffic patterns often interfere with smooth driving. The lifetime average of the car is 36 mpg but improving.

Favorite Features

It provides a quiet, smooth ride and is fun to drive. The predicted gas mileage was a big factor in my purchase of this car, but the other luxuries and features sealed the deal.

Suggested Improvements

First of all, there should be a 110V plug, just like the one in the 2012 Ford Fusion hybrid. (The MKZ and Fjusion are basically the same car, so there is no reason that the MKZ shouldn't have this.) Secondly, why is the glove box release centered, such that it is far from the driver? Even my 16-year-old Jeep had the release closer to the driver's side, since often it is the driver to wants to open that. (Many of us frequently don't have passengers, for example.)

New to Hybrid Cars
By dieselfest

2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just passed 600 miles on new Ultimate Pkg MKZ Hybrid. On short trips about 2 miles I get about 26 mpg. Commute to work 22 miles one way 30City/70Hyw, I get 42 mpg consistently. Strange results considering city should be 41 mpg and thats what the short trips are. If I drive normally meaning faster off the line at stop lights and break later and harder, I can only get about 33 mpg average. This isn't too bad and I can live with those numbers. The car really teaches me how to drive more efficiently. I do go past 65 mph but under 75 on the highway regularly and still get 42 mpg. I find that hard acceleration and hard breaking is my biggest problem.

Favorite Features

Cabin is silent and the THX sound system is nice to listen to. Leather looks and feels luxurious. The seat cooling is too relaxing, I may fall asleep at the wheel. Seats are OK not too plush but does come with lumbar support. Backup camera and a bunch of other tech stuff comes in handy once in a while. I doubled my mpg and downgraded from premium to regular from my last car. I can get 42 mpg easily if I want to now.

Suggested Improvements

Car feels heavy maybe the new batteries on the 2013 model may help with weight. I think the console could use a little more wood trim as standard or at least replace the cheap looking parts. The brakes are grabby. The navigation interface with radio and phone can be cumbersome. The real buttons on console are too small. I keep my keys in my pocket, maybe a more compact key fob that doesn't poke holes. The sun visors are stiff and feel cheap.

Smooth Ride
By

2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hybrid is the way to go on this model. The ride is very smooth and quiet. Overall, the vehicle is quite refined. I have about 7000 miles on this car and I am averaging 40.5 mpg. I would probable due better, but 95% of my driving is highway. The car has plenty of power for passing, or merging, and handles like a dream. I have owned several Mercedes prior to this Lincoln and they did not drive nearly as nice as this. I would give Mercedes a thumbs up on seat comfort, but that is it. That is not to say the seats on the MKZ are not comfortable, they are, but Mercedes has slightly better side support. Overall, the MKZ is a joy to drive and very reliable!

Suggested Improvements

Slightly larger controls, better storage for sunglasses.

Reliable ride
By mkzrrr

2012 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Turned in a leased 2008 base car for a loaded 2012. Wanted a Hybrid but would have to pay almost $100.00/ month more for a base car than a loaded regular gas engine. FMC does not want to sell Hybrids. The 2008 handled much better than the 2012 . Improvements are a quieter ride and much nicer interior. Do not pay extra for the THX sound system. The base stereo in some ways was better in the 2008 model. Millage has averaged around 22 mpg in mixed use, 24 hwy. The 2008 had almost 50,000 trouble free miles and I expect the 2012 to be the same. Expect around $7000.00 discount on a loaded car, little or none on Hybrid.

Favorite Features

Improved interior, quiet ride. Sync works well.

Suggested Improvements

Improve handeling. Vague on center feel at highway speeds. Tires may be the problem? Gas millage needs improvement. Ride not as smooth as 2008 model.