Used 2010 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lincoln Mkz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

Great Car and Great Value
By AKR

2010 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car. Get lots of compliments on its appearance. My "fully loaded" sangi red, ultimate package model has lots of useful extra features. Important to me, it is an American brand and, with sales incentives, also costs several thousand dollars less than comparable Japanese and German entry-level luxury vehicles. Our other car is an Acura RSX Type S, a sporty performance coupe that I enjoy driving. I am equally pleased with the handling of the MKZ, given that it is a quite different type of automobile. Absolutely no problems with car at 1,500 miles.

Favorite Features

Clean and handsome exterior styling (avoids gratuitous bulges and creases common in the styling of many current brands). Good handling. Comfortable interior. Synch-THX sound system & flexible, informative navigation system. Back up and blind spot warning system.

Suggested Improvements

THX -Certified sound system is very good but I thought our Lexus' premium system's sounded a little richer. However, I love the MKZ system's ability to store up to 178 hours of my classical and jazz cds on the jukebox. something the Lexus didn't have.

My 2010 MKZ vs. my '07 MKZ
By Bob

2010 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just turned in my '07 MKZ lease and leased a new 2010 Lincoln MKZ. Overall I am relatively happy with my new MKZ - performance, handeling, and ride have all improved, and the cosmetic changes for the most part are an improvement. I can however see where Ford has cut some costs in producing the '10 vs. '07 while adding $5,000 to the base price in just 3 years. My biggest disappointment is in the poor audio unit now standard in the base MKZ, the same unit that comes in a Ford Escape, Fusion or other Ford/Mercury vehicle. While the whistles and bells such as Sync, USB, and Bluetooth Audio are all great, the most important aspect of any audio system - sound quality - is very disappointing.

Favorite Features

Sync, USB port for utilizing my 16GB flash drive for accessing 3000 music files, bluetooth audio and hands-free, heated and cooled seats.

Suggested Improvements

The audio system/sound quality of my base '07 MKZ was outstanding, and much, much better than my base 2010 MKZ, even though the sticker is $5,000 more than in '07. Ford/Lincoln have cut costs by utilizing the same head unit as in the Ford/Mercury lines. My only real complaint, but very disappointed.

Impressed
By MKZ Driver

2010 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a great car. I'm up to 1300 miles now, and I have to say, this is really much better than any other car I've driven, let alone owned. I test drove several CTS's, but this car blows them away with its smoothness, quiet, comfort, and power. I really don't understand why this car isn't better recognized.

Favorite Features

The tech is pretty impressive, actually, but my favorite is the silent, smooth ride, and of course, the THX sound quality.

Suggested Improvements

The proprod hood, but really, I can't think of anything else I'd replace.

Lincoln Has a New Faithful Customer
By J. Raw

2010 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my MKZ with Front Wheel Drive a Month ago. I am just under the 1000 mile mark and Love driving this Car. It has great handling and powerful on the highways. I'm Looking foward to taking it on a nice long road trip. I was always into GM Cars and liked Caddy's and Buicks, but The Grill of the MKZ caught my eyes. New York had 2 major blizzards so far and the Front wheel drive was more then enough to get me to work on time. It's roomy inside.I always Bought big flag ship GM models and never the smaller model.I looked at the 2010 La Crosse which I think is very Nice along with the CTS but I found that the Lincoln MKZ felt less confining. if You like USA cars the MKZ is a great choice.

Favorite Features

Sync Radio with Blue Tooth. Color. I got the Smoke Stone which is a unique Sand color. Back up Sensors, Heated and cooled seats, Leather interior, Combination pad to lock and unlock doors.

Suggested Improvements

More wood or a luxury look around center console. Rather then the plain black look I had the dealer throw in a wood dash kit which added more accents around the console, air vents, door handles and window buttons. Brought the interior to a whole new level. The Ecoboost would improve gas mileage.

Impressed
By MKZ Driver

2010 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is really a remarkable car - I've not experienced anything quite like it. Quiet, almost supernaturally so on the highway, and the mpg is reasonable - around 26-27 so far. The MKZ is tight. Currently I have 500 miles on the MKZ, and it's the best car I've ever driven, hands down. Far beyond a CTS, in my opinion, in ride, quietness, and handling, let alone features. What's more, this car seems to be built like the rock of Gibraltar, but time will tell.

Favorite Features

Quietness, ride, solidity.

Suggested Improvements

spring-loaded hood and a trunk liner would be about it, so far.