Used 2010 Lincoln MKZ Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lincoln MKZ Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

Wonderful Automobile
By archie20

2010 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car in July 2010 with 10,000 miles on it. There were initial issues with pairing of cell phone, but the dealer and Ford were persistent in getting those resolved. Since then, my wife and I have driven it 10,000 miles and love the car - fit, feel, handling, and performance. Visibility out the back is not all that great and full use of the console controls takes some getting used to (probably true of any new car) by older folks (72). Synch technology probably not quite ready for prime time.

The car provides for a very comfortable and quiet ride. The accleration, power, engine performance, and handling are all excellent. good

A lower rear deck lid may improve the rear veiw visibility but also may reduce luggage space. Make it easier to cut cell phone to privacy rather than through the car speakers. When driving in the mountains, I like to drive with the manual transmission but the inability of the trans to upshift automatically takes getting used to.

2nd MKZ
By MKZ

2010 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This MKZ replaced my 07 MKZ at lease end. Very pleased with the 07 so I opted for another. Basically identical cars but no AWD on the 2010. Better combined MPG 24.7 with the 2010 2wd vs 22 mpg on the 07 with AWD. The 2010 dual Climate control regulation is very poor. Appears to be a factory defect that cannot be corrected. I miss the 07 analog clock. There are too many distractions on the LCD display. I do not have Nav, so the display may be better with it. The radio and temp knobs are identical and too often I hit the wrong one. The sync feature keeps dropping my bluetooth phone and requires resetting. I have owned 33 American autos and one Porsche. The 2010 MKZ gets an overall 8 rating.

The plastic chrome wheels stay cleaner.

Improve the electronic displays to reduce driver distractions. Improve the trunk lid functions. Return the climate control functions to the 2007 quality. I do something with the headrests for better adjustments.

My 2nd Lincoln MKZ
By Lee

2010 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 3 year lease was up on my 2007 mkz. The 2007 was a great car so I was back to buy a 2010. I could see many improvements on the 2010, and I like the handling of the sport package. I like having a car that you don't see at every stop light. I get compliments on the car all the time. I like the size and performance of the mkz, and that it runs on 87 unleaded. I drove a Cadillac cts and when the same as the mks its $5,000 more. I also checked out the Buick lacrosse which is priced about the same as the mkz but didn't seem as nice.

The backup camera is really nice, and the view is great on the 8" navigation screen. Heated and cooled seats are nice.

Air conditioning vents on the rear of the console for the back seat, turn signals on the rear view mirrors

Great car
By hank

2010 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a black on black MKZ and have 2800 miles and have not had the car back to garage for anything. When I was looking to buy compared the MKZ to Nissan Maxima but to get memory seats you had to spend in excess of 2K extra for maxima. This put the price of the two cars within hundreds of dollars. Opted for the MKZ and decided to give Ford (1st time ford buyer) a chance. No regrets yet. MKZ is very good value for mid size luxury car.

Like that there is no cost for sync system for three years and then they will make decision.

A little back seat leg room would be nice.

2nd American Car in 38 Years
By Bob H

2010 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 35 years of buying Mercedes, BMWs, Jags etc, I wanted to buy American in '07. My thoughts of the 07 mkz after 3 yrs: /no service problems whatsoever as compared to multiple problems with above mentioned cars /euro cars needed tires after 23-25k miles. got 45k+ in MKZ /no ugly, hard to clean BRAKE DUST on wheels /REGULAR gas! /ride not as smooth as cars mentioned /seats not as comfortable /not as much fun to drive NOW, my initial thoughts on the 2010: /seats more comfortable /piping around seats have TOO MUCH CONTRAST and detract from look, except for gray leather where piping almost matches /smoother ride & more fun to drive /much closer to euro cars above! /SAVED $

Regular gas, no brake dust ugliness, tech features

Ford: Lose the harsh contrasting "piping" on the seats or make it an option. Dark lines around light colors look ugly and out of place. I think it detracts from a refined look. (Vanden Plas Jags had it and it still looked weird) The grill is too teethy, refine it more. Otherwise, great work!