Used 2010 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lincoln MKZ - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

Has any one else got stories like this to share?
By Jerry

2010 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2010 MKZ. The seat won’t stay in automatic adjustment. We Found that when the battery goes bad, the seat loses it’s setting. We have had 4 replacement batteries in 4 years. The drivers side seat broke once. The lumbar on the passenger is now broken. The passenger side fender is loose. It came loose from where it is attached. The rims carode and cause the tires to leak via the rim. Tail light recall, repaired by dealer. Rear breaks done at 71,051 miles. AC line leak at 71051 miles Replaced at 71617 miles. Replace inner driver side door handle. A wire on the rear defroster grid got broken, rubbed. Right chrome mirror cover fell off, I was charged for the replacement. The AC is now not working properly again. Are other MKZ’s as troubled as this one? [contact info removed]

Zippy
By don smith

Wonderful Automobile
By archie20

2010 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car in July 2010 with 10,000 miles on it.
There were initial issues with pairing of cell phone, but the dealer and Ford were persistent in getting those resolved.
Since then, my wife and I have driven it 10,000 miles and love the car - fit, feel, handling, and performance.

Visibility out the back is not all that great and full use of the console controls takes some getting used to (probably true of any new car) by older folks (72).
Synch technology probably not quite ready for prime time.

The car provides for a very comfortable and quiet ride. The accleration, power, engine performance, and handling are all excellent. good

A lower rear deck lid may improve the rear veiw visibility but also may reduce luggage space. Make it easier to cut cell phone to privacy rather than through the car speakers. When driving in the mountains, I like to drive with the manual transmission but the inability of the trans to upshift automatically takes getting used to.

2nd MKZ
By MKZ

2010 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This MKZ replaced my 07 MKZ at lease end. Very pleased with the 07 so I opted for another. Basically identical cars but no AWD on the 2010. Better combined MPG 24.7 with the 2010 2wd vs 22 mpg on the 07 with AWD. The 2010 dual Climate control regulation is very poor. Appears to be a factory defect that cannot be corrected. I miss the 07 analog clock. There are too many distractions on the LCD display. I do not have Nav, so the display may be better with it. The radio and temp knobs are identical and too often I hit the wrong one. The sync feature keeps dropping my bluetooth phone and requires resetting. I have owned 33 American autos and one Porsche. The 2010 MKZ gets an overall 8 rating.

The plastic chrome wheels stay cleaner.

Improve the electronic displays to reduce driver distractions. Improve the trunk lid functions. Return the climate control functions to the 2007 quality. I do something with the headrests for better adjustments.

My 2nd Lincoln MKZ
By Lee

2010 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 3 year lease was up on my 2007 mkz. The 2007 was a great car so I was back to buy a 2010. I could see many improvements on the 2010, and I like the handling of the sport package. I like having a car that you don't see at every stop light. I get compliments on the car all the time. I like the size and performance of the mkz, and that it runs on 87 unleaded. I drove a Cadillac cts and when the same as the mks its $5,000 more. I also checked out the Buick lacrosse which is priced about the same as the mkz but didn't seem as nice.

The backup camera is really nice, and the view is great on the 8" navigation screen. Heated and cooled seats are nice.

Air conditioning vents on the rear of the console for the back seat, turn signals on the rear view mirrors