2009 Lincoln MKZ - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:
Two Month Report
By Roger Fellers on 03/04/09 12:38 PM (PST)

2009 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very pleased with everything except the trunk. There is no handle to hold while opening and closing and the car lacks a cargo net to keep groceries, etc., in place. Fit and finish excellent, responsive acceleration, smooth shifting, handles road bumps very well. Overall very satisfied except for trunk.

Loving it
By Wisconsin on 01/19/09 05:36 AM (PST)

2009 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So far, an excellent car. Was between this, a SAAB 9-5 and Volvo S60. This car is superior hands down, great ride and very fun to drive. Classy interior with the dash vent open.

Great Entry Luxury Car
By Felix Runners on 01/14/09 12:25 PM (PST)

2009 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great entry-level luxury car. Lots of features for a low price. The engine has plenty of power, the SYNC system is user friendly, and the seats (back seats too) are comfortable for traveling. Thumbs up from the whole family.

Appears to be a good segment choice
By DGeorgia on 01/08/09 07:18 AM (PST)

2009 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So far so good after a couple of days. Was considering Mercedes C300, Nissan Maxima, BMW. The MKZ is by far the most bang for the buck. Standard features top all others, uses 87 octane, and inexpensive to maintain with good warranty coverage. Only quirks so far are the reflection of light dashboard onto windshield in direct sunlight and the dash clock makes a funky little sound as it operates ( why? ) Solid road feel, quiet, comfortable, sharp looking.

Love it!
By marie on 12/22/08 15:29 PM (PST)

2009 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was debating between a Volvo S40 and the MKZ. The MKZ was the better deal but also provided more head room. My requirements were comfortable, safe and something my husband would also enjoy driving. I went with the MKZ and I have not regretted it. I love my car, I feel like I finally have a real car for the first time. I already drove it in the snow and ice and it handled beautifully. I would recommend getting the brushed nickel interior- it looks awesome and much better than the tacky fake wood that is standard. Also love the bluetooth & the heated seats. There is also little to no road noise and gas mileage is okay- I get about 21mpg with a mix of highway and local driving.

Nice Car, Worth Checking Out
By Ken_W on 08/02/08 19:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded an '06 Zephyr for an '09 MKZ. I obviously liked the Zephyr well enough to come back for more! While the '06 was a bit underpowered, the engine change back in '07 took care of that. They finally added vehicle stability control in the '09. The MKZ is a good balance of price, comfort, and features.Gas mileage on my Zephyr averaged 24 mpg combined, the MKZ is already matching that with less than 2000 miles on it. I'm no hot rodder, but I don't waste any time on the road. MKZ isn't for everyone, but it's worth a look!

Underappreciated American Gem
By Fred on 07/25/08 17:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought an MKZ, after considering the Lexus GS350, MB C-300, and Infiniti M35. I really wanted to like the "cooler" Infiniti or Lexus, but the quality of their ride did not match the MKZ's. While not glamorous, the MKZ's looks are quite good, the Nav and Sync systems well thought out (confusing at first; I finally got my Palm Treo to sync, with minor bug.) You definitely get a lot for the money! It handles very well, almost as good as the GS350 (and better than the ES, IMHO). The Satellite radio is terrific. A quality issue with the windshield, that may require replacement. But overall I am very pleased with my purchase.

Decent buy
By Carfan2008 on 07/11/08 08:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a huge fan of Lincoln. The MKZ offers a stylish car inside and out, with a smooth ride. The standard features are wonderful. The engine is also great. My biggest complaint though is the seats are too small, although comfortable and supportive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Lincoln MKZ in VA is:

$128 per month*