2009 Lincoln MKZ Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:
A GOOD WORK IN PROGRESS
By workingschmo on 01/14/14 18:01 PM (PST)

2009 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my Lincoln used and got a great deal on it thus my high marks on value. However, would never buy this new because I believe Lincoln could've done better compared to the competition. First off is the trunk problem that many complain about. Poor design - you can live with it though. Second - the interior is definitely more Ford than lincoln and could use some more upscale touches. The OEM Brakes are a bit mushy but replacements improved that drastically. Now the good - car feels solid and handles wonderfully with a nice ride and quiet interior. The navigation and SYNC work flawlessly and make this car a true pleasure. 70K miles and no problems whatsoever.

No parts available when it breaks
By kzad on 07/26/10 08:10 AM (PDT)

2009 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We were happy with our Zephyr, so when the time came we traded for the MKZ. We were happy with it until 3,000 miles (yes, thats three thousand), when the traction control light came on. Dealer changed a sensor, after which the car wouldn't go over 30 mph. We were told they had a bad batch of these sensors, they are on nationwide back order. That was two weeks ago. We have no idea when we will see the car again.

Great Head Turner
By H. Ostwalt on 07/02/10 17:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After reading Edmund's review, the Acura TL, Lexus ES350 & Maxima, mentioned in review, all cost more and require premium gas. The MKZ does not, trunk is larger in MKZ too. It is great, change the oil, put gas in it and enjoy the ride. Fun to drive, quiet to ride in, good radio and blue tooth adapts to your cell phone. I am well pleased with car. Air condition seats are really fantastic in the South, in the summer! You just wouldn't believe it unless you try it!

to much trouble for new mkz
By no more lincolns on 02/24/10 13:27 PM (PST)

2009 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car mid-09,has been in shop 6 times.First on brake rotors,car has bad vibration when acceleration 40 to 60mph,head light out {was an electrical box had to be ordered{over 2 weeks},back windows goes down halfway by their-selve,stero system goes in an out,service shop has put it on computers and test drove,reset computer stiil hesation, jerky when accelerating and lincoln now says its a normal for this car.I would like for any owners reply if they have or don't have this problem when accerlating at 40 to 60mph.

ZERO COMPLAINTS
By VERY VERY NICE on 01/27/10 00:37 AM (PST)

2009 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Upgraded from a 2008 Fusion to this Lincoln. This is a nice car.....period. Plenty of power, excellent road feel, comfort, AWD excellent in snow, stereo rocks.! Wish gas mileage was better (avg 21), but can't keep foot out of gas. NO complaints so far.

Engine noise
By Alvin on 11/15/09 10:57 AM (PST)

2009 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Ford purchase. Previouly I owned 3 Buick Riverias. I am very pleased with all tne new technology offered in the MKz. Thus far my chief complaints are I find the width of front seats about 2 inches too narrow and the engine sounds too loud,like a 4 cyl. I suspect the engine sound is the result of the fan blades on the engine. Very annoying>>>>

Needs some improvement.
By wwarmbold on 07/14/09 00:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Having owned 2 Lincoln town cars previously, I was disappointed with comfort of seats and ride. Road noise very annoying. Lacks the quiet, lush ride I was used to. Poor use of storage space on front doors. Needs indentation on truck to raise and lower it. Trunk could be deeper.

Lincoln or Ford
By Gene on 06/09/09 04:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've been driving lincolns since 1959.My last car was a Lincoln.The 2009 MKZ is NOT a Lincoln It is a Ford. I would suggest that anyone considering this car should look at a Ford Model,and save between $5-$10 thousand dollars.

Great car at a great price!
By Scott on 04/20/09 17:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Comfortable, nice handling, good performance, nice styling, overall great car especially for the price!

3 months and losing steam
By DGeorgia on 03/19/09 09:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The MKZ drives well, is comfortable, and gets decent MPG. However, many gremlins have popped up over the last 2 months....2 broken trim pieces, replaced weather stripping due to wind noise, and multiple hard to isolate squeaks and rattles have dropped my opinion of this car down several notches. One thing to consider: Lincoln is till Ford and unfortunately you don't get stellar service due to this fact. Like the drive, not sure I'll keep it due to lots of time spent in the shop due to annoying minor issues.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Lincoln MKZ Sedan in VA is:

$128 per month*