Used 2008 Lincoln MKZ Sedan Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lincoln MKZ Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Lincoln MKZ Sedan

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

I'll never buy anything else
By John

2008 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 08 MKZ. Heated seats are amazing. Sometimes they get a little to hot. I know what I'll be getting when it's time for a new one.

Worth considering
By Hunter

2008 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In short, financed an '08 in Vapor Silver w/ AWD fully loaded with 39k back in 2012. Ended up having a cracked engine block which caused a cam sensor to fail, the steering wheel to lockup and the car unable to drive at 123k miles. Sad as I liked the car. I don't have any bad feelings toward the Lincoln brand as the car was reliable aside from that incident and I don't believe that every Lincoln will have this issues.

Good highlighta,
Loved the styling,
powerful V6 engine,
great compliments about the car from strangers,
how reliable the car was,
AWD was helpful,
ventilated seats are awesome,
THX II stereo was amazing,
Sync/Nav system works better than Toyota products and the quality of the paint and leather are great.

Areas of improvement
The ride wasn't as smooth as I had hoped,
the interior materials weren't great
Xenon headlights could have been positioned to aim higher up and project more light as the MKS does,
No folding exterior mirrors,
Gas guzzler,
Seats aren't wide and I'm a slim guy.

My engine issue aside, I encourage others to give this car a shot. It'a great car.

I bought it after the 39 month lease
By bigbaby

2008 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

"Test drove" it for the 39 month lease, then bought it for the residual price, which was thousands less than similar retail prices on used ones. It's just a great car. Many features for the buck, and everything works. Quiet, comfortable, spacious trunk with fold down rear seats, A/C seats are wonderful in North Texas.

Looks, color (vivid Red), standard features, heated/cooled seats, TMX sound system, reliability up the wazoo. Strong motor, great transmission, mileage gauge has been at 23.9 mpg for a long time. In cooler months when I don't have to get 10% ethanol and the AC isn't on all the time, I've had it at 24.2.

Old school interior design which got updated on the recent mid-model revamp.

2008 MKZ FWD
By weekst11

2008 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After having the vehicle for 3 years now with 58K on the odometer I thought that now was a appropriate time for a real world review, and this is what I found.

I have had ZERO issues with reliability and have gotten everything I wanted out of the car. True, it is not exactly the most stylish car out there(pales in comparison to say a CTS) but also costs a good 10K less. Gas mileage has been 23.3 avg over highway (80mph) and city. I do about 20K miles a year.

The heated and cooled seats are a fovorite in the winter/summer, I know it sounds somewhat rediculous to have A/C seats but trust me...when summer gets here it is a wonderful perk!

Great car for the money.

air conditioned seats are just awesome come summer.

I would love to see ford dump the money into the Lincoln design team to bring back the days of arguing which is better Lincoln or Cadillac. For now Cadillac dishes out a a old fashion butt-kicking in design, BUT Lincoln has a clear advantage to reliability.

Lincoln-USA
By bige1982

2008 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Despite what the report says about not attracting the younger crowds, I am 28 and own 2 Lincolns MKX & MKZ.
I looked at BMW, Mercedes, Audi and I still liked the Lincoln vehicles better.
The options and value are by far the best on the market.
Since I have bought mine 2 of my friends have purchased similar Lincolns.
First and foremost I am a Ford fan, and Lincoln has just earned a my business for years to come.

Heated/Cooled seats. Sharp outside appearance, luxury in the inside.

None to recommend.