2008 Lincoln MKZ 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2008 Lincoln Mkz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

2008 MKZ Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
I bought it after the 39 month lease
By bigbaby

2008 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

"Test drove" it for the 39 month lease, then bought it for the residual price, which was thousands less than similar retail prices on used ones. It's just a great car. Many features for the buck, and everything works. Quiet, comfortable, spacious trunk with fold down rear seats, A/C seats are wonderful in North Texas.

Favorite Features

Looks, color (vivid Red), standard features, heated/cooled seats, TMX sound system, reliability up the wazoo. Strong motor, great transmission, mileage gauge has been at 23.9 mpg for a long time. In cooler months when I don't have to get 10% ethanol and the AC isn't on all the time, I've had it at 24.2.

Suggested Improvements

Old school interior design which got updated on the recent mid-model revamp.

2008 MKZ FWD
By weekst11

2008 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After having the vehicle for 3 years now with 58K on the odometer I thought that now was a appropriate time for a real world review, and this is what I found. I have had ZERO issues with reliability and have gotten everything I wanted out of the car. True, it is not exactly the most stylish car out there(pales in comparison to say a CTS) but also costs a good 10K less. Gas mileage has been 23.3 avg over highway (80mph) and city. I do about 20K miles a year. The heated and cooled seats are a fovorite in the winter/summer, I know it sounds somewhat rediculous to have A/C seats but trust me...when summer gets here it is a wonderful perk! Great car for the money.

Favorite Features

air conditioned seats are just awesome come summer.

Suggested Improvements

I would love to see ford dump the money into the Lincoln design team to bring back the days of arguing which is better Lincoln or Cadillac. For now Cadillac dishes out a a old fashion butt-kicking in design, BUT Lincoln has a clear advantage to reliability.

Lincoln-USA
By bige1982

2008 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Despite what the report says about not attracting the younger crowds, I am 28 and own 2 Lincolns MKX & MKZ. I looked at BMW, Mercedes, Audi and I still liked the Lincoln vehicles better. The options and value are by far the best on the market. Since I have bought mine 2 of my friends have purchased similar Lincolns. First and foremost I am a Ford fan, and Lincoln has just earned a my business for years to come.

Favorite Features

Heated/Cooled seats. Sharp outside appearance, luxury in the inside.

Suggested Improvements

None to recommend.

No better entry level luxury car.
By Bob

2008 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Lincoln MKZ replaced a 1999 Ford Crown Victoria. I thought that the smaller size of the Lincoln MKZ would be disappointing, but it is not at all. The MKZ weighs only 200 lbs less than the 1999 Crown Victoria and the ride is great.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior design

Suggested Improvements

none

Downgraded
By Chris

2008 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in a 1994 6 cyl.Buick Park Avenue for the 2008 6 cyl. The PA had the most comfortable interior, GREAT gas mileage 27 mpg. All the bells and whistles. The Lincoln MKZ listed 18/28 but so ar has only 17/21. MKZ is zippy but the front seats are not comfortable on long trips. The MKZ price was about 5g more than it should have been. The MKZ is NOT the car that the Buick was. Wish we had not purchased it now that we have experienced it. Buick is much better!!

Favorite Features

Exterior color. Back up beeper

Suggested Improvements

Improved gas mileage . Automatic trunk pull down. Raise the body up off the ground somewhat(too low)

A stylish work-horse!
By MJ Collins

2008 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car - have only had it 7 months and have driven it in all sorts of road/weather conditions. Recently took a major road trip (5000+ miles) without any trouble or hint of a problem. It is SO comfortable and stylish - not sure why there aren't more on the roads!My every driving wish seems to be its command - it is very responsive. You get a whole lot for your money with this car and I am looking forward to it being as good as the 11 year old Town Car that I traded in at 192,000+ miles. Why buy foreign cars when Lincoln is the best money can buy - and as American as baseball! Love my car - or did I already say that? ;))

Favorite Features

Reliability, interior and exterior style, responsiveness/road handling, comfort, gas mileage, quiet, seat warmers/cooler, sound system, paint job, chrome.

Suggested Improvements

You can't improve perfection.

Wonderful MKZ
By wenol7

2008 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehice has it all. 285 horses under the hood, and all the comfort you could expect from a Lincoln. It is a Joy to drive.

Favorite Features

Power to pass traffic. Voice command mp3 with sync. Great interior.

Suggested Improvements

285 horses is awesome for a family sedan. But 300+ horses would be better! Lol.

2 plus years of love
By big baby

2008 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This has been the most trouble free car I've owned, and that includes Lexus, Acura, Infiniti. Change the oil, put gas in, stick the key in and start, enjoy miles of smiles. I get a lot of looks and comments about the exterior. Strong V6, great 6 speed transmission, comfortable ride. If you can find a used one at a decent price and with a clean record, buy it!

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, engine, transmission, trunk space, heated and cooled seats, wood trim interior, ride, quietness, RELIABILITY.

Suggested Improvements

More ergonomic interior (which I think they took care of in the mid-model redesign). I average 22 MPG in hwy-city driving and I'd like to get more, but then again, I'm selfish. Hey Ford, why not an eco-boost engine in a smaller engine size and smaller car than the Taurus?

An Excellent Luxury Mid Size Sedan
By Bill

2008 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the MKZ after two months of research. Looked at all of the luxury models, domestic and import. The MKZ offers the best value for the dollar. Recently drove a 2010 as a loaner from the dealer; was not pleased with the recent changes, although cosmetic in most cases. The only feature worth noting on the 2010 is the dash lighting. It is exceptional. But overall, not the vehicle the 2008 is. Also; fuel economy is excellent. I am able to achieve 33 mpg on the Interstates at speeds up to 70 mph. City driving is in the 18-21 range, but that is just about average for any mid size V-6.

Favorite Features

Heated and cooled seats; Tiffany style clock; real wood treatment; 10-way power front seats--both; dash layout with flat control buttons; use of regular 87 octane fuel (many other require 91 octane); easily set cruise control; ease of entry and exit.

Suggested Improvements

Comparing the 2008 with the 2010, the center console is much improved on the 2010. Also, Ford should have included a locking fuel door with the three mid size vehicles (Fusion, Milan, MKZ).

is there a ford in your future ?
By charles

2008 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

was driving a mercury sable and missed the lincoln style ride, saw the mkz at my local dealer and it sold itself made the deal and the rest is pure driving pleasure.

Favorite Features

styling,smooth ride,interior design. sound system, just a fun ride many compliments on the styling,color,

Suggested Improvements

really cant find any, ford got it right on this one.