Used 2008 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lincoln Mkz - Consumer Reviews

2008 Lincoln MKZ

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

I bought it after the 39 month lease
By bigbaby

2008 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

"Test drove" it for the 39 month lease, then bought it for the residual price, which was thousands less than similar retail prices on used ones. It's just a great car. Many features for the buck, and everything works. Quiet, comfortable, spacious trunk with fold down rear seats, A/C seats are wonderful in North Texas.

Favorite Features

Looks, color (vivid Red), standard features, heated/cooled seats, TMX sound system, reliability up the wazoo. Strong motor, great transmission, mileage gauge has been at 23.9 mpg for a long time. In cooler months when I don't have to get 10% ethanol and the AC isn't on all the time, I've had it at 24.2.

Suggested Improvements

Old school interior design which got updated on the recent mid-model revamp.

2008 MKZ FWD
By weekst11

2008 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After having the vehicle for 3 years now with 58K on the odometer I thought that now was a appropriate time for a real world review, and this is what I found. I have had ZERO issues with reliability and have gotten everything I wanted out of the car. True, it is not exactly the most stylish car out there(pales in comparison to say a CTS) but also costs a good 10K less. Gas mileage has been 23.3 avg over highway (80mph) and city. I do about 20K miles a year. The heated and cooled seats are a fovorite in the winter/summer, I know it sounds somewhat rediculous to have A/C seats but trust me...when summer gets here it is a wonderful perk! Great car for the money.

Favorite Features

air conditioned seats are just awesome come summer.

Suggested Improvements

I would love to see ford dump the money into the Lincoln design team to bring back the days of arguing which is better Lincoln or Cadillac. For now Cadillac dishes out a a old fashion butt-kicking in design, BUT Lincoln has a clear advantage to reliability.

Lincoln-USA
By bige1982

2008 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Despite what the report says about not attracting the younger crowds, I am 28 and own 2 Lincolns MKX & MKZ. I looked at BMW, Mercedes, Audi and I still liked the Lincoln vehicles better. The options and value are by far the best on the market. Since I have bought mine 2 of my friends have purchased similar Lincolns. First and foremost I am a Ford fan, and Lincoln has just earned a my business for years to come.

Favorite Features

Heated/Cooled seats. Sharp outside appearance, luxury in the inside.

Suggested Improvements

None to recommend.

No better entry level luxury car.
By Bob

2008 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Lincoln MKZ replaced a 1999 Ford Crown Victoria. I thought that the smaller size of the Lincoln MKZ would be disappointing, but it is not at all. The MKZ weighs only 200 lbs less than the 1999 Crown Victoria and the ride is great.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior design

Suggested Improvements

none

Great car for the money
By Bill H.

2008 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I went to the dealer to buy a Fusion or Milan, but loved the MKZ as soon as I saw it. The interior is beautiful, the engine is strong and it has all the options of a much more expensive car. I have been on several road trips and have found it to be a very comfortable ride and the gas mileage is better than average. Overall, I love almost everything about my new Lincoln as does everyone who takes a close enough look at it. Great job on this one Ford!!

Favorite Features

Cooled seats, great sound system, moon roof, microsoft sync.

Suggested Improvements

Center armrest design needs improvement and the trunk should open at least halfway when unlocked remotely.