Used 2007 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lincoln MKZ - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

Good buy
By Don Hutto

2007 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent transporation for the bucks. Love the seated/cooled seats, THX surround sound stereo, nav system, common sense approach to controls and buying regular gas. Didn't need to read the plethora of manuals to operate either the stereo or nav system. Very intuitive. Engine response is good. Wish I could manually select gears. Transmission shifting software needs improvement. Very comfortable ride at the sacrifice of handling. I'd buy it again.

Stereo & nav system

Transmission and suspension.

America can compete
By Elrod

2007 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the AWD model in August of this year. I have driven the car for around 5500 miles so far and I have to say that I am extremely pleased. I drove the car in some harsh weather as well and this car is solid. The car takes the bad roads with no problem and asks for more. You really feel safe while driving in the elements. Lincoln did a great job with this car!! I havent had any problems with the car so far and I have wanted to post this message to help others in deciding whether to buy this car or noit like I did. As far as fuel economy, could be better. Unless your driving everyday on the highway, you will get an average of around ~20 MPG.

Pretty much everything

The head rests in the front seats need to allow for adjustments. Can be uncomfortable during long drives.

Superb value
By Dr. RHK

2007 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Superb value for the money with all the typical luxury features which would cost $3-6K more on comparable models. I gave up a BMW 740i [drove for 8 years] and have driven numerous BMW 300 series. I was looking for a smaller car since my kids are grown up and wanted to downsize with the following criteria: a] reliable b] safe c] fun to drive. The computer came up with BMW, Audi, Acura & Lincoln. When I saw the Lincoln, I thought you must be joking, but I researched all, test drove and picked the Lincoln. It's a choice I have not regreted; I am enormously satisfied with the handling, comfort, THX system and reliability. It's a sharp, sporty luxury car. Firm ride so might not fit all buyers.

Sporty, fun to drive with excellent 6 gear automatic. Heating/cooling systems are very efficient. Controls are simple, not like a BMW which is complex and annoying. The handling is great. The sound system is excellent and the interior noise level is quite good for a small car. Trunk space excellent.

Limited view to the rear. Interior dash board a little "cheap looking" as is interior moon roof sliding panel. Trunk needs a grip. Not as fast as the 740i; I would have preferred a little more power.

Lincoln MKZ
By harry bolsonia

2007 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am 48 and have finally found a car that combines my youth filled desire to have a sports car with the luxury features and comfort I deserve and have earned. I honestly cannot think of one thing I dislike about this vehicle. It is priced right, I get good value, the quality is there and it is freakin awesome to drive. The only shread of issue is in the blind spots in the side mirrors and I cannot honestly tell you whether it is me or in the design. Otherwise, especially if you get an A plan, this car is the best value around.

I tried a bunch, MKZ fit me
By dave1968

2007 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted a mid-sized sedan, and ended up looking at 35 vehicles and driving 22 times in a 5 month period. MKZ was the best fit for me, and after 1500 miles I can't find flaws. Mileage is averaging 21, and got 27.3 on a highway-only trip at mostly 70mph. I didn't opt for the NAV system or THX sound, a small Garmin GPS unit fits fine in the console cupholder. Step-in height is more comfortable than a TL, and usable space much better than an IS. Console and instruments aren't trying to be the space shuttle, just useful and tasteful and readable. We're looking forward to feeling the AWD in snow, and a circle-lake-superior trip. All cars involve compromise, MKZ is one to look at.

Great interior, cooled (who knew?) seats, ample trunk space, sensible features and instrument layout, plenty of smooth power, decent mileage, fit and finish, and you can find it in the parking lot amidst the sea of more common vehicles. Quiet. I never thought I'd buy a "Ford," but I'm a convert now.

Rear visibility more limited than some due to high rear deck. Expensive to put a hitch on. Steering a touch heavier than some others. Where are the cargo net hooks?

• SUV