Happy MKZ Owner (3 weeks w/ 1,400 miles)
By rubesemi on
2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I turned in a 2008 CTS-4 w/ the 'hotter' engine, and enjoy the MKZ more so, albeit for different reasons. The vehicle is solidly built, w/ no glitches. The THX sound system is the equal to the CTS Bose, and the Bluetooth phone quality is outstanding. The Nav is also very nicely done. It is a very quiet ride, not too soft with reasonably good handling; I find it to be very responsive and stable in almost all conditions. I replaced the stock tires with Blizzak WS70's for MI winter driving, and the improved traction over the 'low rolling friction' stock tires is noticable and welcomed. I managed 43.0 mpg in to work this am; 31.5 highway trip @ 75 mph w/ winter tires.
Favorite Features
City Mileage; high tech user interfaces; smooth, quite ride is exceptionally nice.
Suggested Improvements
Car requires more attention than I like at highway speeds w/ strong cross-winds (30-40 mph), with some difficulty remaining on track in my lane. The center console lid was a bit balky at first, but we seem to have broken that in, so no need to return for a service call. My Blackberry has had some difficulty maintaining the phone book / contacts (and figuring out how to reload has not been fun), and with dropping the connection to my phone. That may just be the phone, though.