Used 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Lincoln Mkz-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (4 reviews )

2011 MKZ 2100 miles on it now
By robvee

2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased mine about 3 weeks ago. I purchased it under the X-Plan. In addition, the dealer was able to find other incentives. MSPR was at 42K, I got mine for 34K. Very nicely equipped. I'm 6' and have plenty of legroom and with the adjustable seats, headroom is not an issue. I drive about 70% highway and 30% city. Am currently averaging 41.4 mpg on this tank. Have not gotten anything under 40 mpg. The car is very eye appealing and for that price, why get the sister car Ford Fusion? Even still, you can get one w/out the nav package for 34K. If you ask me 6K for the luxurious amenities is a no brainer. Great car, very satisfied with my purchase. Highly recommend.

Suggested Improvements

Softer seats would be nice. My wife has the 2011 MKX. The MKZ seats are more comfortable than hers. When you hear Lincoln, you think wide plush seats. These are very attractive, but sporty.

Happy MKZ Owner (3 weeks w/ 1,400 miles)
By rubesemi

2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I turned in a 2008 CTS-4 w/ the 'hotter' engine, and enjoy the MKZ more so, albeit for different reasons. The vehicle is solidly built, w/ no glitches. The THX sound system is the equal to the CTS Bose, and the Bluetooth phone quality is outstanding. The Nav is also very nicely done. It is a very quiet ride, not too soft with reasonably good handling; I find it to be very responsive and stable in almost all conditions. I replaced the stock tires with Blizzak WS70's for MI winter driving, and the improved traction over the 'low rolling friction' stock tires is noticable and welcomed. I managed 43.0 mpg in to work this am; 31.5 highway trip @ 75 mph w/ winter tires.

Favorite Features

City Mileage; high tech user interfaces; smooth, quite ride is exceptionally nice.

Suggested Improvements

Car requires more attention than I like at highway speeds w/ strong cross-winds (30-40 mph), with some difficulty remaining on track in my lane. The center console lid was a bit balky at first, but we seem to have broken that in, so no need to return for a service call. My Blackberry has had some difficulty maintaining the phone book / contacts (and figuring out how to reload has not been fun), and with dropping the connection to my phone. That may just be the phone, though.

Just love my new MKZ Hybrid
By Shell

2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Been driving it for two weeks now and just totally love it. Average of 37.4 MPG for driving both highway and city. The legrooms for both front and rear are bigger than my previous Jaguar S Type sedan. Only cons will be the trunk. Since that's where the battery is stored, you actually lose some storage space there. But overall, it's a very nice car to drive.

Favorite Features

Blind spot warning, rear view camera and SYNC.

Suggested Improvements

Storage space. But ok for just regular use.

Young Lincoln owner LOVING the MKZ
By HybridZ

2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a Lexus LS430 and a VW Jetta TDI and I decided to have the best of both worlds by combining luxury and efficiency. The MKZ Hybrid was what I kept coming back to, but I was not too keen on the "senior" stigma with Lincolns. I bit the bullet in 9/10 and ordered an MKZ Hybrid in Bordeaux Reserve with the Cashmere Executive Package and Ultimate Package. I LOVE this car and have no regrets. Lincoln may not command the snob appeal of other brands, but I am satisfied to be one of the first owners of a Lincoln Hybrid. As a pioneer (younger Lincoln owner) I hope to be a part of Lincoln's renaissance. This car is great on many levels and the Lincoln Touch/Sync is amazing.

Favorite Features

Interior/Exterior color; mileage; quiet ride; great handling, decent performance and seamless gas/electric operation; LincolnTouch/Sync; redesigned interior and decent trunk space. It provides all the benefits of being a hybrid without being or looking quirky.

Suggested Improvements

The premium THX sound system is good, but a mid range adjustment is needed. It only has bass and treble and the sound is a little "muddy". Needs more clarity. Otherwise, this car is exactly what I hoped for.