2016 Lincoln MKX SUV Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Lincoln MKX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

So far very good.
By John Bernheisel

2016 Lincoln MKX SUV Select 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Only 2000 mi. On it so far enjoying it and absoulty no issues.

Ups and downs
By David

2016 Lincoln MKX SUV Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The upsides to the car: Handles and accelerates beautifully. I have the 2.7L ecoboost and the 21 inch rims. Power if plentiful, ride is smooth, and it handles like a much smaller sedan. Its a driver's vehicle and oozes competence on the road. I like most of the tech features a lot, and after my last vehicle (A BMW), I'm glad to be looking at a sensibly laid-out touchscreen. All the parking aids and such are wonderful and the stereo sounds great. Lincoln has also been great, and I've been really happy with the dealer support. The downsides: Even with the 22-way adjustable seat (which actually only adjusts in 7 or 8 different ways), I just can't get comfortable. The seats crane my neck forward and the bottom seat bolsters dig into my thighs. The ergonomics of the car are kind of a mess - as an example, the seat controls are silly complex, with multiple pull down menus and four or five different buttons. The transmission controls are on the dash, but that doesn't wind up freeing up any usable space - you get this goofy under console shelf that is barely usable. And, too bad if you want to power your phone - the power source is at the bottom of the dash and certainly impossible to reach unless you stop the car and bend down low. Some of the features just don't work very well: waving your foot under the back bumper rarely opens the back the first time, and the air cooled seats aren't really very cool. MPG is abysmal (although nobody lied to me about that one - I knew that going in) and the visibility out back is atrocious. Somewhere in the middle: The fit and finish overall is very good, and the materials are mostly nice. For example, the leather on the seats is high quality. But, there are some hard cheap plastics in the interior. Feels real upscale to me, but I never owned a Lexus or Mercedes. I'm not entirely sure Lincoln has hit the lofty objective of competing with Lexus.

Give American made a chance, like we did.
By Carrie

2016 Lincoln MKX SUV Black Label 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We are very happy with our 2016 MKX Black Label, former Lexus/Acura owners of many years. Test drove Infiniti's(multiple SUV's), Lexus RX, Acura MDX ... RDX, Mercedes GLK and GLE...also Audi Q5. We then decided to check out the 2016 Lincoln MKX. All the previously mentioned vehicle's are very nice but found the MKX much quieter, a joy to drive and the REVEL sound system may be better then the Mark Levinson sound system found in the RX. The REVEL blew my mind at the pure sound. We were also very pleased with the softer ride and rarely any engine noise which were very noticeable in the RX, Mercedes and most especially the Infinit (QX50, JX60 and the small Infiniti SUV). The MKX is the most wonderful ride we have ever experienced. I rarely hear any rode noise or the sound of vehicle right next to us...due to the noise cancellation found thru-out the MKX. The seats in the Black Label are 22 way both driver and passenger side. The head room is great. My husband is 6'7" and this and the Mercedes were the roomiest and most comfortable for him. The back seat is quite roomy as is the cargo area. We have the new SYNC 3 which is very easy to operate and I find it easy to figure out and operate. My only complaint is the gas mileage which is normal for an SUV of almost 4500 lbs(18 miles to the gallon our tech informed us). I am a former Lexus GS sedan and there is quite a difference in gas usage. This vehicle is pure joy to drive. We find ourselves wanting to use it on weekends now versus my husband's truck.

Limo like ride
By Mars

2016 Lincoln MKX SUV Reserve 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Quiet, comfy ride and all the safety features you need. This car is the one that will make your spouse say "Mind if I drive your car this time?"

2016 2.7L Turbo-Good Stuff~She's fully Loaded too.
By Chris Johnson

2016 Lincoln MKX SUV Black Label 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Drove two Lincoln MKX engines, the 3.7 and the 2.7 turbo. Drove the Lexus RX 350 Sport & Premium. Drove all lines of the Jaguar F-Pace. Drove the Ford Edge Sport. Drove Audi's line. Drove Acura MDX.........I bought the 2.7L MKX. Frankly, I like every one of various manufacturers offerings. Honestly, you can't go wrong no matter what, we all live in the age of cool factor and quality overall. But what I wanted was the blend of comfort and dead quiet cabin, with a serious engine, and the 2.7L MKX fits the bill the best of everything I drove. The 3.7 MKX is fine, but seems a bit under powered to me. The 2.7, is a serious motor and for a car guy/gal, this will be worth the extra bucks. It just hauls when you need it, there is zero turbo lag, it's there, it's on, this is one very fast vehicle when the moment dictates. We have a fully loaded vehicle, you can't put a single option more on it. But if I could do it all again, I'd opt for the 20's, rather than the 21 inch rims, I'm just too nervous I'll scrape them when parallel parking, but the cameras all around, surely help in all aspects. Some niggly items that are a bit hard to get used to for me, I continue to phantom on the parking break with my left leg, the pull the button break thing will take some more getting used too. And the "push matic" gear selection, it's just a bit laggy between gear changes. Some things I've learned quickly in ownership here is that most folks probably will back off on some of the safety settings, otherwise you'll fight the car for control. It'll beep at you, flash at you, and literally steer for you, which is all good, for some, not for me. I've dialed back the settings to suit my needs. The steering wheel thing in full safety mode is a bit disconcerting if you even drift a hair from dead center in your lane. My favorite part of all though is the gas pedal and the 2.7 Turbo, I can just accelerate to match anything on the road, at any speed. Favorite part for my wife is the massaging seats, she's happy, I'm happy, and we cruise down the road in style, only 50 years young, and chuckling that my grandparents in their 70's had a Lincoln!