Never Lease From Lincoln
By aaayron on
2013 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
It's a bad idea to lease anything from Lincoln. Did you know that at the end of your lincoln lease, if you want to trade in your lincoln to anyone else but Lincoln, they will not release the car to anyone but you (the lessee) or a Lincoln dealer. I found this out the hard way today when i went to trade my leased Lincoln in for a cadilac. The cadilac dealership was giving me a good price that would have covered the payoff and the last 3 payments on my lease, but they would not allow cadillac to buy the car. being over my mileage, I could have avoided the mileage fees, excess wear and the last 3 payments. Now i have to use half my down payment i set asside just to get out of my lease.
Favorite Features
The MKX is a great vehicle but you have to change the front grill on the new models
Suggested Improvements
Allow other dealers outside of Ford to handle a trade in on Lincolns at the end of their leases. You guys just cost me a bunch of money with that complication and you lost a long time customer because of it. Shame on Ford for this greedy little gotcha in the small print.