2013 Lincoln MKX Consumer Review: New MKX

2013 Lincoln MKX - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

New MKX
By lakegirl4 on

2013 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought a 2013 MKX. After owning Subaru Outbacks for years, I couldn't stomach the new ugly models with useless cargo racks. I was looking for cargo space, kayak carrying capability, comfortable seats, a color other than gray, black or white, and gas efficiency. The MKX beat out the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, the Cadillac, the VW Toureg, and the Lexus. Most of the others had very ugly silver consoles. The MKX has everything I was looking for and is beautiful inside. The seats and finish are wonderful. I love the steering wheel controls. Only thing I'm not crazy about is the front end - low and massive. First American branded car I've owned in over 30 years! Good Job Ford!

MySync Seats Steering wheel controls Vista Roof Color (ginger ale with light color seats and blond wood accents, brown dash)

Front end - make it more rounded on bottom and higher clearance. Originally they said I couldn't put a roof rack on the vista roof model, but did finally put on side rails and Thule cross rails that will work fine.
By comate
on 12/27/13 17:54 PM (PST)

Just bought a 2013 mkx, where did you find side rails, what part number, price and how easy to install, I have the vista roof also Thanks