Used 2013 Lincoln MKX Base SUV Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

Quality and Classy
By Terri

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. I've been given nothing but great compliments on the interior and exterior looks of this car. I love how it hugs the road, is very responsive and the fact that the ride is very quiet. I had a Jeep prior to the Lincoln and could hear and feel every pebble and crack in the road. The heated steering wheel is a god-send here in New Hampshire.

I bought this vehicle used with only 12,000 miles and what a deal! The gas mileage isn't the greatest at about 22mpg but thankfully gas is fairly cheap right now. I'd rather give up gas mileage than skimp on comfort. This is one of the most luxurious vehicles I have ever owned.

Beats the Bow Tie
By Bill Lunney

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car used. Our only complaint is that the car wanders. It feels like something is loose in the steering system. We am getting that looked at today. Other that that we am not quite used to the dash controls yet. Our verdict is still out on the dash controls, change always takes some getting used to. We like the reliability and performance so far. We average 3 to 4 more MPG than our old Nissan with much better performance. The Interior is very comfortable, easy to get into and out of. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis so I appreciate that and the heated seats. In our opinion it is much better than the Cadillac's that we looked at.

Take a good look - then look elsewhere
By love2drive4

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for 18+ months and I'm looking to trade.
At 5 months the brakes were making a terrible grinding.
My rotors already needed turning. I have since replaced the rotors at 35k miles. Yes I "still" have the car - hauls kids hockey equipment well.
At one year, my battery needed replacing after many complaints of odd electrical malfunctions.
My wipers still go on for no reason, on a completely sunny day sitting at a stop light.
My radio features sometimes go awry, not going to preset channel or displaying two different stations on the dash compared to instrument cluster screen.
Acceleration is sluggish, once you're going ride is comfortable.
Absolutely hate the blinker.
Every time I use it I think its going to break and sometimes I flash my brights just using it.
Too hard to operate - what we're they thinking?!? Wasn't it tested?
All weather tires are terrible in the snow/rain. Hate to spend extra $ on winter tires although many do, but I have one tire that's sounding out of round and need a new set (even though they have half tread left).
Road noise is overwhelming and more than I should have for a "luxury" vehicle.
Once it turned past 50k and out of b2b warranty, started having issues with shifter and car recognizing its in "P" or park. I have to fiddle with the shifter trigger every time until P is orange, then message goes away.

Excrescence
By sloanbj

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Lincoln was once a proud brand and builder of significant American luxury cars. The brand died altogether more than 20 years ago but Ford has not yet caught on to this news.

The MKX is an appalling vehicle. The exterior and interior design are both revolting and non-functional. This is Ford Edge remodeled by Stevie Wonder. It is beyond me how, in 2013, a carmaker could offer such a poor design. For example, none of the buttons or switches inside are logically placed or obvious to use. Buttons on the steering wheel require removing your hands to access. Buttons are the dash are microscopically small and usually take many attempts to operate. The touch screen is just a mess.

The motor is ok and has adequate power. Unfortunately, ours has terrible throttle tip in which causes frantic lurching in parking lots. The stereo sound is ok but operating the stereo on screen or via the steering wheel is a disaster. Ride and seats are very comfortable and seat adjustment is excellent. Also, heated and cooled seats are fabulous.

Restyle the interior and exterior. Add very basic features like nav, sunroof, and auto headlights. Fix the rear visibility which is the worst I have ever experienced. Add a backup cam. Remove the horrible chrome which reflects sun from all angles. Improve the mileage. I could go on all day.

New MKX
By lakegirl4

Just bought a 2013 MKX.
After owning Subaru Outbacks for years, I couldn't stomach the new ugly models with useless cargo racks.
I was looking for cargo space, kayak carrying capability, comfortable seats, a color other than gray, black or white, and gas efficiency.
The MKX beat out the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, the Cadillac, the VW Toureg, and the Lexus.
Most of the others had very ugly silver consoles.
The MKX has everything I was looking for and is beautiful inside.
The seats and finish are wonderful.
I love the steering wheel controls.
Only thing I'm not crazy about is the front end - low and massive.
First American branded car I've owned in over 30 years!
Good Job Ford!

MySync Seats Steering wheel controls Vista Roof Color (ginger ale with light color seats and blond wood accents, brown dash)

Front end - make it more rounded on bottom and higher clearance. Originally they said I couldn't put a roof rack on the vista roof model, but did finally put on side rails and Thule cross rails that will work fine.