Used 2013 Lincoln MKX Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lincoln Mkx - Consumer Reviews

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

Take a good look - then look elsewhere
By love2drive4

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for 18+ months and I'm looking to trade. At 5 months the brakes were making a terrible grinding. My rotors already needed turning. At one year, my battery needed replacing after many complaints of odd electrical malfunctions. My wipers still go on for no reason, on a completely sunny day sitting at a stop light. My radio features sometimes go awry, not going to preset channel or displaying two different stations on the dash compared to instrument cluster screen. Acceleration is sluggish, once you're going ride is comfortable. Absolutely hate the blinker. Every time I use it I think its going to break. Too hard to operate - what we're they thinking?!?

Favorite Features

Seat comfort is nice, heated seats work well, love the heated steering wheel in cold weather. Stereo sounds ok. Roomy. Back-up camera works well and I'm glad mirrors have a blinker. I appeciate that in other cars on the road. Four charging outlets. Moon roof is very nice.

Suggested Improvements

The front grill - eesh, I still can't get used to it. The absence of knobs for volume/fan control. The "swipe" feature is the stupidest thing I've ever seen and are easily touched when using other dash features. For the money, they should include a cargo shade, good grief. Why would I want anyone to see the shopping bags or sporting equipment back there? No, the tint is not dark enough. And lastly, Ford has done it again with misleading gas mileage. I can't get above 19 combined and I drive at least 60% highway, trying continuously to stay speed/brake concious. Working with Ford on replacing my upgraded wheels which are peeling. MKX does not go through the snow as well as my RX350.

Excrescence
By sloanbj

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Lincoln was once a proud brand and builder of significant American luxury cars. The brand died altogether more than 20 years ago but Ford has not yet caught on to this news. The MKX is an appalling vehicle. The exterior and interior design are both revolting and non-functional. This is Ford Edge remodeled by Stevie Wonder. It is beyond me how, in 2013, a carmaker could offer such a poor design. For example, none of the buttons or switches inside are logically placed or obvious to use. Buttons on the steering wheel require removing your hands to access. Buttons are the dash are microscopically small and usually take many attempts to operate. The touch screen is just a mess.

Favorite Features

The motor is ok and has adequate power. Unfortunately, ours has terrible throttle tip in which causes frantic lurching in parking lots. The stereo sound is ok but operating the stereo on screen or via the steering wheel is a disaster. Ride and seats are very comfortable and seat adjustment is excellent. Also, heated and cooled seats are fabulous.

Suggested Improvements

Restyle the interior and exterior. Add very basic features like nav, sunroof, and auto headlights. Fix the rear visibility which is the worst I have ever experienced. Add a backup cam. Remove the horrible chrome which reflects sun from all angles. Improve the mileage. I could go on all day.

New MKX
By lakegirl4

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought a 2013 MKX. After owning Subaru Outbacks for years, I couldn't stomach the new ugly models with useless cargo racks. I was looking for cargo space, kayak carrying capability, comfortable seats, a color other than gray, black or white, and gas efficiency. The MKX beat out the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, the Cadillac, the VW Toureg, and the Lexus. Most of the others had very ugly silver consoles. The MKX has everything I was looking for and is beautiful inside. The seats and finish are wonderful. I love the steering wheel controls. Only thing I'm not crazy about is the front end - low and massive. First American branded car I've owned in over 30 years! Good Job Ford!

Favorite Features

MySync Seats Steering wheel controls Vista Roof Color (ginger ale with light color seats and blond wood accents, brown dash)

Suggested Improvements

Front end - make it more rounded on bottom and higher clearance. Originally they said I couldn't put a roof rack on the vista roof model, but did finally put on side rails and Thule cross rails that will work fine.

Disappointed
By lincolnnewby

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Wth all the hype about Ford comeback I find the Lincoln MKX very disappointing when comparing even to the Chevy Traverse LTZ. Lacks a lot of the finesse in features and even the "Premier" package cannot compare.....Lincoln is Higher priced but not worth it. No folding side mirrors, second seat not adjustable, no key memory for seat positions, lots less cargo space, electric seats lack adjustable features as GM has, lackluster engine and poor gas mileage.......Lots of other bad comparisons....Guess I'll go back to GM.

Favorite Features

My sync feature is cool but you must keep up with it online.

Lincoln MKX keeps getting better!
By maxirwin

2013 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The 2013 Lincoln MKX is our third MKX. 2007,2009 and 2013. This vehicle is more luxury that the others by far, it also has the upgraded My Lincoln Touch, which is a big improvement over the first generation that I have in my 2011 Ford Explorer. The 3.7 v6 is quick and we have the AWD model. The ride is soft and smooth on the luxury side. Compared to Lexus RX 350 and Cadillac SRX our friends have it is quicker and rides better and more elegant!

Favorite Features

My lincoln Touch, 3.7 V6, Interior Luxury

Suggested Improvements

Sound system is not as good as my Explorer and nothing near the quality of after market system, I can't understand why auto manufactures can't get the sound quality in today's vehicle, If you are a audiophile you would understand what I mean.