Used 2013 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lincoln MKX - Consumer Reviews

2013 Lincoln MKX

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

Luxury and cargo space
By David Taylor

2013 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Quality and Classy
By Terri

2013 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. I've been given nothing but great compliments on the interior and exterior looks of this car. I love how it hugs the road, is very responsive and the fact that the ride is very quiet. I had a Jeep prior to the Lincoln and could hear and feel every pebble and crack in the road. The heated steering wheel is a god-send here in New Hampshire.

I bought this vehicle used with only 12,000 miles and what a deal! The gas mileage isn't the greatest at about 22mpg but thankfully gas is fairly cheap right now. I'd rather give up gas mileage than skimp on comfort. This is one of the most luxurious vehicles I have ever owned.

Beats the Bow Tie
By Bill Lunney

2013 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car used. Our only complaint is that the car wanders. It feels like something is loose in the steering system. We am getting that looked at today. Other that that we am not quite used to the dash controls yet. Our verdict is still out on the dash controls, change always takes some getting used to. We like the reliability and performance so far. We average 3 to 4 more MPG than our old Nissan with much better performance. The Interior is very comfortable, easy to get into and out of. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis so I appreciate that and the heated seats. In our opinion it is much better than the Cadillac's that we looked at.

Take a good look - then look elsewhere
By love2drive4

2013 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for 18+ months and I'm looking to trade.
At 5 months the brakes were making a terrible grinding.
My rotors already needed turning.
At one year, my battery needed replacing after many complaints of odd electrical malfunctions.
My wipers still go on for no reason, on a completely sunny day sitting at a stop light.
My radio features sometimes go awry, not going to preset channel or displaying two different stations on the dash compared to instrument cluster screen.
Acceleration is sluggish, once you're going ride is comfortable.
Absolutely hate the blinker.
Every time I use it I think its going to break.
Too hard to operate - what we're they thinking?!?

Seat comfort is nice, heated seats work well, love the heated steering wheel in cold weather. Stereo sounds ok. Roomy. Back-up camera works well and I'm glad mirrors have a blinker. I appeciate that in other cars on the road. Four charging outlets. Moon roof is very nice.

The front grill - eesh, I still can't get used to it. The absence of knobs for volume/fan control. The "swipe" feature is the stupidest thing I've ever seen and are easily touched when using other dash features. For the money, they should include a cargo shade, good grief. Why would I want anyone to see the shopping bags or sporting equipment back there? No, the tint is not dark enough. And lastly, Ford has done it again with misleading gas mileage. I can't get above 19 combined and I drive at least 60% highway, trying continuously to stay speed/brake concious. Working with Ford on replacing my upgraded wheels which are peeling. MKX does not go through the snow as well as my RX350.

Impressed with MKX
By ok_native

2013 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the MKX to replace 2012 Infiniti FX 35 we had for 2 years.
Although we loved the FX35, we both decided that we needed more interior space for travel.
The FX 35 is not as roomy and accommodating.

So far this has been a joy to own.
Smooth and noise free driving.
I am surprised to see that others have not had this same experience.
We had a 2010 VW Toureg prior to the Infiniti and it was built rugged as well as luxurious.
So, the MKX has a nice feel in the middle.
I think it will hold well to taking the dogs to the vet as well as transporting the grandchildren to activities.
I will come back and update after owning for a year, any negative issues.

Comfortable interior Smooth ride Easy control features Sharp exterior