2012 Lincoln MKX Consumer Review: I love it!

2012 Lincoln MKX - Consumer Review

2012 Lincoln MKX

Base 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

I love it!
By kmart220 on

2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Ok, I bought my 2012 MKX used with 18k miles.
I've had it 3 weeks now and I am so very happy!
I traded a fully loaded Tahoe (which I dearly loved, but was getting up there in miles) and the transition has been a breeze.
I rated the car mostly 5's.
To me, everything is awesome and I only gave 4's because of 2 superficial reasons.
For interior design, it seems perfect besides the radio volume control and the a/c level control.
They are a bit funny to operate.
Aesthetically, beautiful, but functionally, not perfect.
You are supposed to glide your finger across the panel to find your perfect setting and it doesn't function very well.
No big deal, really, since there are 2 other options

The 4 voice control functions work beautifully and I never have to over enunciate to get them to work. I LOVE that I don't have to ever actually touch the key as long as it is in my purse. The navigation is not as good as the older version that is in my husband's 2011n F-150, but it is still reliable. The SUV handles extremely well and really hugs the road. I have the AWD and I have never felt safer when driving through heavy rain with standing water. I could go on and on about the upsides of this car and have not really found many downs. Ford/Lincoln have created a beautiful machine that any person is lucky to be driving. Plus, it is just a SEXY LOOKING CAR! The MKX is perfect!

Offer the same split screen option for nav/audio that was available on the 2011 model Fords. Provide different styling options for the grill. I really like the chrome, but a painted black option would be nice, too. I am considering having mine painted to match the car. Instead of the long, pointy antennae, put a more stealthy, solid one on the roof. Add some "outlet style" plugs like Ford offers in other models. Make them better quality, though. My husband's F-150's plugs are loose and his phone charger (etc) just falls out.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review