"Learning" to love my Lincoln...
By texanson on
2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
Traded my ML350 Benz for this little jewel in April. Drove it off showroom floor. Loaded. All options. Its my second car. The first few months, I did not like this car. I wouldnt drive it. I couldnt figure out how anything worked and was constantly having to actually pull over, and get out the owners manuals and learn how to turn on this or that option. It was very frustrating. However, in time, and after 6000 miles, I have, indeed fallen in love with this car. I find myself chosing to drive it more and more. IT has a learning curve for sure, but with some patience and teaching the old dog new tricks, its a great, fun car, that turns heads, and a real treat to drive,you will learn to love.
Favorite Features
Being a loaded model, it has many options, all of which are fantastic, and makes the cars price tag a true value, if you compare it to other luxury automobiles with the same options. I love the huge skylight sunroof. I love the stereo system, heated rear seats and cooled front seats, and a heated steering wheel is incredible. The adaptive headlamps are awesome. You get so spoiled. Its a looker, the front grill is from yesteryear, and looks great driving down the highway. Love the parking assist, and rearview screen, and blindspot alerts are very acurate. Remote start is beautiful. And the radio will alert you of your favorite song on another station. Just remember there is a lerning curve.
Suggested Improvements
Minor details. BUT...I miss having a digital readout of my speed. If your cruise control is on, a digital readout will appear for your set speed, but, the Benz had a digitial speedometer option, and I really miss having that fast glance. The dashboard has several settings to chose from, Im not crazy about any one single setting, so Ive chose the miles to empty setting as the main choice. AND..one big disapointment, is I thought the adaptive HID headlamps also included the auto high beam option. It doesnt. My old cadillac had that feature, its fantastic to use. As I said, minor details, but can be disapointing if expected. Do your homework on the options, there are many.