Nice Job Lincoln - good Riddance Benz
By vegasboys on
2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
I traded in a Mercedes Benz ML-320 Disel on this car and could not be happier! The Benz was nothing but trouble and they could not get the transmission to work right after at least 20 visits to the garage. It was the 3rd Mercedes I owned and NO MORE. Lincoln has done a great job with the MKX. It's comfortable, smooth and fits me perfectly! I appreciate a comfortable car that does what it's supose to do. The MKX fits the bill. Not to mention the fact that an oil change doesn't cost 250.00 a whack. I'm very satisfied and so glad to get the Mercedes monkey off my back. The MKX is a perfect fit for someone looking for a smaller car than the Navigator (had that before the Benz)
Favorite Features
Love the side indicator lamps in the mirrors. This is a great safety feature. Lincoln's rearview camera is far superior to MB. It's clearer and more proportional than the MB. The ride of the car is better because the ML-320 has flat drive tires because of the Add Blue tank there is no spare tire thus the ride is awful.
Suggested Improvements
The My sink system need some work. It's cumbersome and can be very aggervating. The MB had voice command as well and it too could make you crazy. This technology isn't quite ready for prime time yet. Its vocabulary isn't extensive enough and tries to offer too many functions and does none of them well. All in all though it beats the Benz! I've driven over 1500 miles and haven't had to take it to the garage because it all works as intended. Can't say that for any one of the 3 Benz's I owned.