American car makers need to take some tips from European Car Makers
By beverlyc1 on
2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
Well I am SAD to say that I traded off my older 745I for a 2012 Lincoln MKX. The gas mileage sucks! and if you set the climate control on "auto" then you will get A/C even if its 30 degrees outside unless you turn the temps up past 73! Then if you get too warm and try to turn the temp down...watch out A/C comes on again! Think I am getting about 12 miles per gallon and I bought the fanciest one they had with 102 A package but no AWD! So sorry I bought this car and they may get it back! Have had it for 3 weeks and wish now I had bought another BMW! It might cost me more but WOW what a difference. Been waiting 3 weeks for matt in back of SUV, mine had hole, still not fixed!
Favorite Features
Navigation sucks too! My OLD 2003 BMW had better navigation than this 2012! It doesnt even show you the next street or how far away you are to the next exit. FORD you have a long way to go!! Need to take some tips from the Europeans! Sorry there is very little on it that is my favorite other than 2 things my OLD car didnt have yet. Keyless entry and bluetooth.
Suggested Improvements
Navigation system - Should show each exit as you are traveling in the drivers dashboard without having to enter a trip! Who can look at that small screen and tell what's happening! Climate controls - IF it gets too hot inside the car and the temp is turned down, just stop heating and let the car cool down, dont turn on the A/C system! Voice Commands - The system has a very hard time understanding voice commands even when you speak clearly with clear diction. Maybe its because I speak with a southern drawl...LOL. Gas Mileage - Sucks!! Believe I am getting around 12-14 miles per gallon. And a V-6! My previous was a V-8 and it got 26mpg for a BIG CAR!