Used 2012 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Lincoln MKX - Consumer Reviews

2012 Lincoln MKX

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

Unbeleiveable value
By omoishiroi

2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

the MKX is a bit of a sleeper - we test drove MB, Audi, BMW, Volvo before buying. Simply put to get teh same level of equipment in the equivalent import would push the price into the $70k range IF it is even available. For under $5ok the MKX gives you heated front AND rear seats, cooled front seats, Nav, blind spot and cross traffic warning system, adaptive cruise, HUGE sunroof, adaptive HID headlams, rear view camera, remote start, rain sensing wipers, adaptive cruise control, heated and telescopic steering whee and collision controll. Try pricing and Audi, Volvo or BMW with all of those

Adaptive cruise- if you have never used it before try it. Cooled seats are a must here in AZ. Very impressed with build quality - this is my first American made car (MKX is built in Canada actually) and I this car is very impressive. After 16months not a single issue, rattle or squeak.

seats could be more supportive for long drives. SYNC can be frustrating - needs to be re thought.

Solid, Silent, & Stylish
By pilot_guy

2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After 2 months of shopping, we traded in our 8-year old Volvo XC70 for the MKX.
It matched our driving style perfectly (suburban errands and roadtrips in Minnesota), and is every bit as solid as our Volvo.
Loaded it with every option except the "cargo convenience" package.
AWD was a must, as were heated seats.
The MKX is only one of the group (Lexus RX350, Acura RDX, Volvo XC60, etc) with the higher ride of an SUV, without the attendant "roll" and bumps.
Noticeably quieter than the others.
The MYSYNC system works very well, but you MUST have the salesman walk you through the features, and limitations of the voice-activated interface.
The two-tone leather interior is sharp. Avg 19 mpg

MSYNC command: "I'm hungry" It works! Bluetooth interface to iPhone is impressive for calls and music. The Navigation display shows a graphic of the actual highway exit or turnoff sign you're looking for. Rear seats are heated and recline. Push-button seat fold feature seemed extravagant until I had to load groceries in a downpour. Almost zero wind noise, and very little road noise...probably due to 20" wheels. HID headlights that bend into the turn are actually more beneficial than I thought they'd be.

The rear window wiper doesn't fold out, making window cleaning more difficult. Could use a couple more display options for Tach, Fuel, and Temp. The instantaneous MPG display is confusing...and worthless. The DVD describing the systems was useful, but a MYSYNC video would be even more helpful. A few scenes of drivers using the voice interface would help new owners get the nuances and cadence of the system.

Junky Lincoln MKX
By junk12lincoln

Do NOT buy!
We have had our 2012 Lincoln MKX for about 5 weeks and we hate it!
The list of problems is long...transmission is slipping, speaker blown (was like that when we picked it up), paint missing on the hood, MYTOUCH won't work, controls on the right hand side of steering wheel don't work and the vehicle keeps looking for the key.
We have tried to get all of these issues fixed and the dealership was no help.
Finally took it to another dealership but no help.
Don't bother calling Lincoln because they have the worst customer service ever!
Plus this vehicle gets terrible gas mileage!!! Do not buy this vehicle!!!
We can't wait to get rid of it!!!!!!

My favorite feature will be the day it is not in my garage!!

My suggested improvement would be not to buy one! The list is way to long!!!

Nice Job Lincoln - good Riddance Benz
By vegasboys

2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a Mercedes Benz ML-320 Disel on this car and could not be happier!
The Benz was nothing but trouble and they could not get the transmission to work right after at least 20 visits to the garage.
It was the 3rd Mercedes I owned and NO MORE.

Lincoln has done a great job with the MKX.
It's comfortable, smooth and fits me perfectly!
I appreciate a comfortable car that does what it's supose to do. The MKX fits the bill.
Not to mention the fact that an oil change doesn't cost 250.00 a whack.
I'm very satisfied and so glad to get the Mercedes monkey off my back.

The MKX is a perfect fit for someone looking for a smaller car than the Navigator (had that before the Benz)

Love the side indicator lamps in the mirrors. This is a great safety feature. Lincoln's rearview camera is far superior to MB. It's clearer and more proportional than the MB. The ride of the car is better because the ML-320 has flat drive tires because of the Add Blue tank there is no spare tire thus the ride is awful.

The My sink system need some work. It's cumbersome and can be very aggervating. The MB had voice command as well and it too could make you crazy. This technology isn't quite ready for prime time yet. Its vocabulary isn't extensive enough and tries to offer too many functions and does none of them well. All in all though it beats the Benz! I've driven over 1500 miles and haven't had to take it to the garage because it all works as intended. Can't say that for any one of the 3 Benz's I owned.

American car makers need to take some tips from European Car Makers
By beverlyc1

2012 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Well I am SAD to say that I traded off my older 745I for a 2012 Lincoln MKX. The gas mileage sucks! and if you set the climate control on "auto" then you will get A/C even if its 30 degrees outside unless you turn the temps up past 73! Then if you get too warm and try to turn the temp down...watch out A/C comes on again! Think I am getting about 12 miles per gallon and I bought the fanciest one they had with 102 A package but no AWD! So sorry I bought this car and they may get it back! Have had it for 3 weeks and wish now I had bought another BMW! It might cost me more but WOW what a difference. Been waiting 3 weeks for matt in back of SUV, mine had hole, still not fixed!

Navigation sucks too! My OLD 2003 BMW had better navigation than this 2012! It doesnt even show you the next street or how far away you are to the next exit. FORD you have a long way to go!! Need to take some tips from the Europeans! Sorry there is very little on it that is my favorite other than 2 things my OLD car didnt have yet. Keyless entry and bluetooth.

Navigation system - Should show each exit as you are traveling in the drivers dashboard without having to enter a trip! Who can look at that small screen and tell what's happening! Climate controls - IF it gets too hot inside the car and the temp is turned down, just stop heating and let the car cool down, dont turn on the A/C system! Voice Commands - The system has a very hard time understanding voice commands even when you speak clearly with clear diction. Maybe its because I speak with a southern drawl...LOL. Gas Mileage - Sucks!! Believe I am getting around 12-14 miles per gallon. And a V-6! My previous was a V-8 and it got 26mpg for a BIG CAR!